What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

The silicone hearts have fluted sides, like the muffin paper cups. The finished cakes popped out easily when they'd cooled and look cute. I have the second batch cooling now. Next time I use them, I'll skip the spray on one or two and see how that works. I'm tempted to get more silcone bakeware after seeing how nicely these performed.

These are individual heart cups, by the way, not the kind where six are attached, like regular muffin tins. It was the same price for 12 individual cups as for one 6-cup pan.

It started for me with DH finding a silicone baking pan at Tuesday Morning. Now whenever we see one marked 'way down we get it; I have a baking pan I use for biscuits in the camper and a 6-cup muffin pan and faive little shaped cake pans that are perfect for the Wolfmeister's mug cake recipe. The staff should be tickled pink with them.

Town shopping day with a bike ride, since today is supposed to be foggy & clearing, but no rain until tomorrow. En route we shall stop & get a box of Spic & Span and a pretty new scrubbrush for DS to start working on his walls so we can swoop in with the drywall & mud/ spackle & effect repairs (I do agree with DH in letting DS do the gruntwork).

There is a winter storm advisory in effect from 3 pm today to noon tomorrow, but it appears we're at the far north edge with most of the nastiness south of us. That means Nutti will probably be shoveling, but we may dodge the bullet.

HMMMMM well we would shovel if we could...

we started with freezing rain at 3pm it came fast and covered everything in about 45 mins

than it turned into sleet...of course sleet is better than freezing rain to drive on but it stopped all traffic and closed all the schools. it sleeted and rained most of the night...the road crews have the main roads cleared so I am venturing out for some food items for my mommy and go check on the grandbabies. we are not done yet our winter storm advisory is on until 6pm tonight.

no power outages that I am aware of but its not over yet.

stay safe and warm folks!

nutti :)

HMMMMM well we would shovel if we could...

stay safe and warm folks!

nutti :)

You too Nutti when you are out the conquering the weather happenings, OK???

Just home now after some co-worker tutoring, great group but the head is still somewhat spinning... Good thing is that in between the regular work hours and the session I could put in some mini-ing so now the lady in the book store will get a few more shelf warmers LOL

Hugs

We had sleet last night and again today. It was a mess, and is sooo cold outside! My GS and I are working on my pantry roombox. It's getting close to done! I'm going to look for a LED lite this weekend and maybe Sunday you can see the finished product.

Chris asked me to marry him last night :huh: Our 6 year anniversary is monday, but he asked me the friday before to surprise me more!

Oh Muriel, congratulations! How wonderful for you both, and what a sweet guy he is to make the scene just right! Please, keep us updated on wedding prep! (LOOOOOVE weddings!)

As for me, just got back from dinner with DH and my DS/BIL and nephews, to celebrate Eric's and my birthday. Putzing around on the computer while I digest nummy fajitas. We're supposed to be getting a Nor'Easter starting tomorrow, and I'm supposed to work the next three overnights, so I'll be packing extra clothes in case I get stuck there (half of my co-workers live an hour or more away, and I'm not sure if any of them are my replacements.) I was cleaning a closet at work a few weeks ago and discovered that we have an AeroBed and we even have the pump! Woohoo! Gonna go some laundry and other housework tonight, since I won't be around much til Sunday, and Eric.....is less than clean, especially when I'm not around!

Hope anyone who gets this (or other) craptastic weather stays safe and warm and dry! <_<

Tomorrow is Fred`s birthday. Since he and I went on a nice date night already, this is going to be a low key family celebration. I am going to make the cakes today (says to do them day before) and I think Fajitas sound really really good. Chicken and beef ones. Mmmm!

Or maybe Enchiladas. I will have to ask him, since it is HIS day.

I am going to work on Miss Arthur some more, watch the snow fall, and take a couple Tylenol later before I go out and shovel.

I had a great thing happen to me yesterday. Okay, you wont think so but it is. I tripped and fell down in the diningroom. I did not hurt myself but got that pain where you just sit there and run air thru your teeth. Anyway, back to the good part. Both Chelsea and Natalie practically broke their a$$es coming over to see if I was okay.

They stood there until I got up to make sure I was okay. That has NEVER happened before. Well, when they were little yes, but as teens, they really do not notice much past their own lives.

They care...They really care!

Happy days for you and Lloyd Kathie. Heidi, it is great to find out your children care. I am off work today so trying to finish up my teeny tiny project so I can post pics. Not making much progress as DH keeps pestering me. :) Foggy days in South Carolina.

Kathy, that is great news!

Well today is my last day off. I've had something going on every day so I didn't actually get any painting done. I have to work the next 3 days. phooey.

I haven't done anything mini during my time off either!

I've been doing study work. Well had monday off, but yesterday started work at about 8 and finished about 5:30. Today I've done probably half the day. Otherwise I went out and did some shopping. Fancied Chilli, so got the ingredients for that. Also found a couple reduced deserts (mini cheesecake and a mini profiterole/mousse thing). We were going to go to a play of Animal Farm tonight, but cause I went shopping and chilli is better if cooked a bit longer, we postponed the play until tomorrow. Also got a few wedding magazines and stopped at the travel agency to pick up a few holiday brochures (honeymoon planning - even if it is 14-16 months away at least!)

I love my ring and am really excited! :flowers::)

Well i started that above post with the intention of saying even though I've been off work, i've been studying. Spoke to my tutor today - he didn't believe me that i hadn't done any mini-ing. But I haven't! :lol:

Mmmm Chilli smells good!

Yay for Kathy and Lloyd, well done on getting through all those sessions.

Ooo, what a beautiful ring! Further proof (after choosing you) that Chris has exquisite taste. Doing my version of the happy dance for you & Loyd, Kathie!

I've been doing laundry all day, but had to start on the cabinets & cupboards for the Travel Trailer.

tough day for me today, one of my students tried to commit suicide. Her stepbrother has been 'bothering' her, and she tried to move out of the house a couple of weeks ago. she is trying so hard to do things right, and graduate. My heart just breaks for her.

I tried to make a light fixture for my pantry last night, but not real happy with it! I may just hang a lightbulb from a wire, that would look pantry-like!

Sherry, you and your pupils are in my thoughts.

Well today is another study day. Will also hopefully finally get our sky box fixed. Haven't been able to pause or record, or set reminders since about christmas. About 4 factory resets had only very temporary effects a couple times, so we've called out the installer and he's due this afternoon with a new box. Means I gotta tidy the lounge this morning too!

Tidied the kitchen on monday so the washing machine man could come. He phoned yesterday and said that he'd ordered the part and would phone when it is in... interesting, as he didn't actually come to see what the problem was :lol:

Now just gotta find a reason for someone to need to fix something in the bedroom, so that'll get tidied too :)

Hope everyone has a good day today!

I finished the lettering on Baby Boy's sampler, I still have the daddy teddy's spectacles to stitch. I've begun a border. I have a lot more boxes of supplies to go through & straighten out, but I'm still getting packages ready for mailing out. I took two hutches apart and began painting them for the TT.

Well studying is rather slow - ie tv is too interesting and distracting, I love the shows Monk and Diagnosis Murder, which are on in the morning. Also watched Ground Force. Now it is nearly lunch time. I'm thinking I'll skip the studying and go on to miniing. Haven't done any all week! :D