What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Has Hell frozen over?

Cause Fred is making dinner! I mean really making dinner. Chili to be exact. He was in the mood and got all his ingredients together.

Seriously, I am not being mean about him cooking..it is just so rare. What I mean by cooking is REAL cooking. No slapping some burgers in the pan this time.

I am not going to the gym today..maybe later tonite with Fred but Nat feels like crap and I want to keep on eye on her. She slept for like 4 hours after coming home.

No he-double hockey sticks (oh how I love that phrase LOL) freezing over here, just glorious rain this morning and boy is the moss taking a serious beating, hehehe.... And it is an all organic thingy I use, so that feels good as well no weird chemicals just plain ol' chicken po-- as a base with algae etc etc.

Soooo, I called the municipal office dealing with property (not sure if that is the correct term though) asking questions regarding the plans for the housing area and it looks good so far, we will be going to see a house tomorrow afternoon, hopefully it will feel as good seeing it in "person" as it looks through the lay out and pictures, we'll see. We will have my parents as company as well, dad is such a cool headed guy it feels great having his eyes along with us and mum, well she is such a positive problem solver seeing possibilities and ways to make things work so if they both are positive.... The bank and all is a go, hubby fixed that so keeping fingers crossed.

Hugs

Back from ER. They took tests and referred me to my doctor whome I haven't seen since 2006 and that very briefly. Anyway I have an appointment on the 14th so we will find out more. They say it sounds like gall bladder.....what gall! LOL

Gina I hope you get some relief from the pain!

Heidiii, hope Nat is feeling better soon! Fever and misery are REALLY a terrible worry for parents right now! Spray her with lysol gently and keep the vitamin c going.

I 'Spring-Cleaned' all weekend and I woke up this morning feeling like all my joints are unhinged! Man, I'm sore all over! Can't scrub/mop/vacuum/declutter viciously like I used to. Maybe a medicinal glass of vino is needed :thumb:! Still, most of the downstairs rooms look great. It took us an hour and a half saturday to just sort the accumulated mail and shred the junk stuff.

I'm declaring the RGT Lincoln house nearly done! Still need to tweak a few things like chimneys and do shingles, but those are pretty straightforward and just need a day with the ipod and a big bottle of glue. I have 328 hours of accrued annual leave, so there's no excuse that I don't have time. I'm trying to decide who to start next: renovation and finishing the huge house in the basement or starting the Beacon Hill I got from Terri. Decisions decisions.... It will probably be the BH since the basement house really needs a finished basement (hopefully soon) to work on it. At over 60 inches long, it takes up a lot of workspace 'real estate'.

Thunderstorms and rain tonight

This was such a slow day at work. not slow as in not enough work...i was busy all day, it's just that i was so incredibly tired and had no energy i felt every last minute of it. it seemed that the work day lasted twice as long as usual.

i'm relaxing with a cup of tea, a relaxing cd and i'm zoning in front of the computer. i need a nap...lol.

tomorrow is fasting bloodwork in the morning then off for my little yearly visit with the gyn. there are some things i'd rather miss out on in life but this is an important thing for all women to do... so....guess i gotta do it. well, by midday it will be over with until next year.

hopefully tomorrow afternoon i'll be able to work on my foxhall for a couple of hours.

Paid bills, did the laundry, vacummed the main part of the house and mopped the kitchen breakfast room, hallway to the laundry room and folded and put away the clean clothes. I am pooped and going to bed early.

Hope you feel better soon, my Wolfie.

Mario and I went out to dinner tonight at The Keg (set in an old Manor house), my favourite restaurant for prime rib :thumb: , to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. Left the kids at home. Dinner was delicious, as usual. And the cheesecake for dessert was to die for - so smooth and creamy that you could eat way too much of it without really noticing because the texture and taste was so good! We were already pretty full when it came, but I'm sure we could have managed a piece each instead of sharing one, it was that good. :p

Ah Wolfie, my dear! Your cup (and rain guage) runneth over!

My gall bladder went south about 4 years ago. At the hospital they always ask you to rate the pain on a scale from 1-10. I told them the only way I could imagine the pain being any worse was if somebody shot me in the stomach, but qualified that with the possibility that a gunshot to the gut might take my mind off of the gall bladder pain!

Your appointment is far off, all things considered. I had several ER visits during the time I was sent for evaluation from the urgent care clinic to the morning of the surgery. You may find you need attention sooner. Indeed, they nearly performed an emergency gall bladder operation and would have done so if I hadn't already had surgery scheduled withing 24 hours.

See if you can get some industrial strength pain killers to tide you over. Avoid fatty foods - probably the simpler and blander the better. Fatty foods will aggravate the gall bladder.

The stress you have been under cannot be helping. You may need to limit the time spent helping Donna, as much as you wish otherwise. Discuss the situation with the other caregivers and her children. Who is going to come take care of you if you trash your health? Also, your ability to care for Donna will vary - you may need to have relief come in, should you need to curl up into a ball and sleep (which was the best way to deal with the pain).

You may need to curtail your physical activity to some degree.

If you have your gall bladder out, other arrangements will need to be made for Donna's care. You won't be up to much for a while.

The good news is: if it is the gall bladder, you'll feel so much better after it's removed.

Happy Anniversary Liza!

Good thing they sort of know what it is Gina. I still think Fred had problems with his gallbladder but he is not complaining that much anymore since he changed his diet. Speaking of..I hate men. LOL I had to remark and congratulate him yesterday. His gut has gone down considerably since we joined the gym! I know he is happy. Before you know it he will be Speedo worthy (just in words not in actuality). I know I have to wait. I have to wait until somebody NOTICES any kind of change. That is what tells you that you are losing inches. I gave him his *notice* because it is so obvious. Good for him. Dr. told him to lose about 40 lbs.

That is why I hate men..we lose 20 lbs..you kinda notice it. Men lose 20 lbs and they look totally different!

I havent woken up Nat to see how she feels and whether or not so is going to school today. She ate hardly anything yesterday (jello, icies, some italian bread, and I think a bit of dinner but not much). Her Fever is not as high as it was at school. It has gone down to hover between 99-100. We are cold blooded fish (the girls and I). We always run low temps so what may not be a fever to some, feels like a fever to us. She did not puke (thank goodness) so that is a blessing.

I worked on the Fling yesterday and I am back at it again today. Only 20 more days.

Heidi, I, too, run on the cool side (96.8-97.6 on average). I know nobody wants to admit it, but you have to make sure it's not the flu. Take her in to be checked, to be on the safe side. Explain to them about running cold, so they can put her fever in the proper light.

She was not warm when I touched her but said her stomach still was bothering her. I let her go back to sleep. I will not take her to the Dr yet. If she is not better tomorrow, I will call them to see what they say. I am thinking it is just a virus. I asked her how she felt..did not ask her do you feel this or that.

She does not have all the *signs* that it would be any kind of flu. And she hasnt tossed her cookies so it is safe bet that she will probably be better tomorrow.

I am in the mood for something different for breakfast today. So I am making a fritatta. Shredded potatoes, onion, breakfast sausage, egg, and cheddar cheese. I have never made one like this before so this is a new frontier in breakfast for me.

Just posting on the forum-can be very time consuming-LOL playing Spider Solitaire between posts, and just dying for my Micheal's houses to arrive. I so hate waiting. They will be my next project-don't want to start anything else before they get here. I'm working 3p.m. to 11 p.m. today, same as every other week day.

Wolfie, please take care of yourself. It is very noble of you to help Donna, but her family needs to quit taking advantage of you. You have to be concerned about yourself and Doug. If the pain increases you must call your dr and get an appointment much sooner. Don't put it off.

Gina, it sure sounds like gallbladder. You should go see doctor a lot sooner than you are. You will also be bedridden for a week if you do have surgery. I was up in 2 days, but it hurt like heck and it was only to take care of what I absolutely HAD to do. And I heal fast.

Heidi, I want one of those things you cooked. Maybe for dinner. Yum. I have been craving onions lately. Hope Nat is better soon. Stay out of her room and keep her in it.

I am off to rake leaves. Did 4 loads of laundry already. Cleaned up around the house. Played with the chickens.

Very long day today. Had a study day in Swindon and had to pick someone up in Bristol on the way. The traffic was just so bad! It took 3 hours. Normally can do it in 1:30-1:45 hours. The way back was no better really, took about 2:30 hours. So been gone 11 hours. Just so frustrating! Grrrrrr! And should be doing work tonight, but yuck, don't want to do that. And the little shop that does dollhouse stuff didn't have a bay window for me.

Ribs for dinner with potato gratin and veggies. Better be good! Also got a football (soccer) game to watch tonight, Come on United!!!!

Think it'll need to be a chill out night or I might do some damage to something, feel rather wound up :( Maybe supper will make me feel better.

We are back home again and have decided against this house as it had a crack (oh my what can that be, from the mouth of the realtor/real estate agent (is that what one calls it????) and a possible foundation problem to top that...

Oh well, we will keep looking until we find that perfect house...

Hugs