What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Spent the day laying tiles on Victoria Villa's porch and doing a bit more weatherboarding. The garfield is so full of nooks and crannies that it will take me forever to finish the siding and shingles.

I decided to take a break from all of that and have started on a bed for my goth girl, so far I have a valance B)

Then decided to take a break from all of it and watched SlumDog Millionaire on DVD.

Gotta get some sleep now ;)

Jo

x

two days off comin'!!! Glory Whooooeee! Course monday has some banking anxieties as we try to get ahead of some Silver shop issues.

I'm knitting as fast as I can on the State Fair 'peacock lace' shawl. Fair is in Oct, but I gotta a lotta rows to goes! I think it will turn out a nice one.

The BH will be worked on. A dear friend brought me back a partially built teensy 1:144 stone church from her travels to shops in VA. This is a precious babe, so I can't wait to work further on it!

I wish we could afford to travel out of town on monday to Charleston. Haven't been down to the coast for a few years and love to shop along the old streets there.

I have the rest of one ceiling to fill & spackle and then one more ceiling and the first floor, and Mildred goes on "hold"; my 1:24 Lighthouse kit was in the mail DH picked up yesterday, and the Fairfield kits have been singing two-part harmony in anticipation of the bash they've been CLAMORING for for four years!

Nat had fun at Six Flags. It was raining towards the evening so not many park goers. The kids were able to go on the rides over and over again. She went on Batman (floorless) roller coaster and a few others. They all had a blast.

I have a busy week coming up so I may not be on much. End of chelsea`s work on Monday. Then she has job interviews this week, shopping for her trip to Ohio, Open Mic/Potluck at the Fresh community garden on Friday, YamFest (music) on Saturday..she is one of the organizers.

Nat`s last day is Tuesday and she will probably have stuff to do to. She is running one of the booths at YamFest. Lots of driving for me this week!

Today I will be a Father`s Day slave..hehehe I will cook whatever he wants..within reason. He gets to watch what he wants on tv too.

I am being my own version of a Father's Day slave. I took the steaks DH is going to cook out, out of the freezer to thaw. Happy Father's Day, I'm done!

ROFL!!

Fred chose chicken for dinner. I made him season them because he is good at that. We went to the gym together and had a good 1 hour workout. I am going to rest up a bit and then start on the food.

Actually, it has been a busy day. I cooked a huge breakfast before the kids left to go back to Kansas. Went to Sam's after staples, and had to do the loading, since DH can't do any lifting right now. But DS2 was here to unload. he's cooking the steaks and we're doing laundry. Kids played in the lawn sprinkler toy I bought them, out back all morning, so lots of wet clothes to wash!

We had our Father's Day Dinner last night since DD1 was leaving early this morning. Spare ribs, sweet potatoes and corn. Fresh strawberry short cake for dessert. After she left we went out to a new restaurant DH wanted to try out for breakfast. We will not be going again. Usually we like to go at least twice before we write them off but not this time. We waited for about 40 minutes to get seated (which was marginally acceptable since we did not have reservations and they were very busy). When we were seated it took almost 20 minutes before drinks and menus arrived, then better then an hour before our less then tasty food arrived. It was a waste of more then two hours. It was too bad they were so badly organized both in the back and with the waitstaff.

This evening, DD2 who likes to take over the cooking chores on the weekend, (much to my relief!) made us portabello mushroom hamburgers with blue cheese dressing. Very good and very filling! Oh well, having DD1 and DD2 here made the rest of the weekend enjoyable. DH was very happy with his gift, the digital photo frame. The girls spent the better part of Saturday combing through all our photos and scanning and loading them up. The thing holds up to 1000 pictures and will take much more then they had uploaded.

This next week we will be getting ready for our trip to Florida, I have part of my clothes ready and i-Touch loaded with new books, a selection of music and pictures. My cell phone battery bit the dust and the new one arrived so that is taken care of. I do need to get more batteries for the camera but I can pick those up when I make the grocery run later this week. I also need to sit down and make sure all the bills are ready to go on the 1st. Need to call the vet and make sure we have enough med's for Molly our elderly female boxer and also a grocery run to make sure enough food is in the house for DD2 and the fur kids.

I need to put together a shopping list for Ron's. I hope I can get some pictures of the displays in the museum to share but I am not hopeful. We leave early Saturday Morning.

Busy week coming up. This morning I take DH to work, go to the motel where the reunion was to pick up the Ipod my GD1 left there, get it in the mail so she'll have it for the trip to Disney on Friday, go to Hobby Lobby, then to the mall to pick up the last of the antiques and the shelves, then back to pick up DH at noon. After that, I expect I'll take a nap!

I have a busy week also.

Today is Chelsea`s last day of work. Then she has a couple job interviews. She has internship classes on the farm with Fresh on Tuesday and Wednesday. Shopping for her trip on Monday. Friday is an Open Mic and potluck at community garden, Saturday is the music festival.

Fred has to call tomorrow to court to see if he has to go to jury duty. Crossing fingers! I do not want to drive to airport by myself!

Nat has two finals today and one tomorrow and then school is over.

Nothing really for me to do except chauffeur.

Today I was suppose to go to work but I had to call in because I have a huge screw or something stuck in my back tire on the van atleast I made it to get the girls off to school and then back home. Iam a bit upset over this because it is the same tire I got a screw in on Saturday and then had that fixed now again. I guess I will be getting new tires today for the van. I decided seeing the kids only have 1 more day of school left and there are some toys that dont get played with anymore will be bagged up and ready for my boyfirends mothers yard sale this weekend. I might even start working on the glencroft today we will see though.

DS1 finished his last exams on Friday and the two younger ones have their last day today - DD is at a waterpark and DS2 is watching movies and playing games all day at school!

Yesterday, DH finally had some time to help me with my dh's, so I now can make a fair bit of progress on all three before I need his help again.

This morning I sanded and re-did some of the stucco on the exterior of the Buttercup that needed fixing. Hope to get more done later today and later this week, although I will have to be a chauffeur also this week for a few appointments for the kids.

Still have to find the Michael's puzzle house furniture for DD as I bought her two of the houses to practice on!

We had my PILs over for the Midsummer weekend which was lovley, we got to have a "lazy" all eat weekend so to speak. Lots of talk and remembering of Grandma, ironed out some details concerning the funeral come Thursday, not an easy task at all, lots of emotions involved but in a good kind of way.

Today has been one of those "work" til you drop, atleas for hubby since he has pushed to finish pruning the hegde and most of it is done, whohooo, add another 20 or so of large sacks of leaves which I hauled to the community shared dumpster (we have one for a month taking care of garden left overs) which is why we wanted to be done before we leave for Greece on Sunday. Mostly just small things left to do, need to run a few errands tomorrow getting a little bit of this and that and then we are ready to pack our bags.

Hugs

I left at 7:30 this morning to chauffeur DH, run errands, etc, and just got home at 3pm.. It's stinking hot, my ankles are swollen from the heat, and I'm cranky! Still have to unload all the stuff from the antique mall out of the pickup. Then dinner out with friends tonite-I'd almost as soon skip that, too tired, but if I stay home, I'd have to cook and that's worse!

I left at 7:30 this morning to chauffeur DH, run errands, etc, and just got home at 3pm.. It's stinking hot, my ankles are swollen from the heat, and I'm cranky! Still have to unload all the stuff from the antique mall out of the pickup. Then dinner out with friends tonite-I'd almost as soon skip that, too tired, but if I stay home, I'd have to cook and that's worse!

How hot is it Sherry?

I am just curious because it is unseasonably cool here in the Northeast (not bragging at all). Does not feel like summer. I am going to make taco salad for dinner tonite.

It is cooking but not really..LOL

Taco salad is very popular here in the summer, or chef salads. It's in the upper 90's, maybe 100, and very humid for this area. Looks like it's going to be a miserable summer as far as weather. It's either heat or storms, or both!

Taco salad is very popular here in the summer, or chef salads. It's in the upper 90's, maybe 100, and very humid for this area. Looks like it's going to be a miserable summer as far as weather. It's either heat or storms, or both!

Ewww Sherry. (((Big Hugs))) I know i will be complaining soon enough.

Yesterday my 90-something year old neighbor called to offer me some fresh gooseberries that someone had given to her, as she didn't have a recipe for gooseberry pie. It took me 45 minutes to destem and deflower the little buggers. I'd forgotten why I rarely used to make gooseberry pie. I'll take her a piece later today and serve the rest for supper.

Now I have to go look up why gooseberries are called gooseberries. Your mind does funny tricks while you're engrossed in a repetitive action for so long! :giggle:

I worked out in the garden for an hour this morning, from 6:30 to7:30. It was already 82F when I came in. Inside for the rest of the day! Company for supper, but the dessert is made and I boiled the potatoes for the salad last night, so other than the pork ribs on the grill at dinner time and fresh green beans in the microwave, no cooking. If it is sizzlin' hot at supper time, I may do the ribs in the oven. Nobody around here ever offers to cook on the grill.

Life is good finally for me today. Yay!

Fred does not have to go to jury duty so I do not have to drive the airport alone..YaY!

My *Mom* told me to cancel the rental for July 5 because we are going to use her car instead (brand new)..Yay!

Fred`s best friend told him to cancel the rental for Monday because we are going to use his car instead..(newer) Yay!

I am not going to cancel the reservations until we know for sure. We are paying them back by filling both tanks when they are returned. This is saving us a huge amount of money.

I have to drive Chelsea to East you know where for the next couple of days to get things for her trip. So if you do not see me on here, you know why.

Today was the last day of school. Nat aced her English exam so she is getting an A- in the class..Do not know about the rest but we kind of know that she is not failing everything. Phew. So she will be going on to the next grade. She will be a Junior next year.

I am going to need a vacation from Chelsea`s vacation.

Woke up to another beautiful sunny sky this morning, lovley! We will get out and run some errands today, get the final stuff for the trip a new white shirt for hubby for tomorrow, do some gardening and BBQ tonight... Some where in between I hope to just relax a little with something mini...

Great news about the not needing a rental Heidi! So happy for Nat as well, last day of school prior to summer holidays is something special!!!!

Hugs

I am still so surprised that other states have school in June!

Got to work some more on pricing stuff for the garage sale, and getting it ready to put out on the porch and driveway-yucch!

School here starts in at the end of August. They have to be in school for 180 days. There are 4 snow days built into the schedule. Plus the vacations...It usually ends in Mid June. I think they had to add 5 days this year because of snow cancellations.

I woke up at 7am but not because I wanted to..LOL Dang Oliver and MF. They have a WWF wrestling match at the foot of our bed this morning to wake me up. Grrr.

Anyone else around here watch Wimbledon? I've been watching while I'm revising at home, wish it'd started last week, then I could have watched it all! Now gotta try and follow it on work radio next week, which is very tempramental :hug:

Here I think they have to be in school for 195 days. 39 weeks. 6 weeks off in Summer, normally all of august plus a week in july and september tagged on.

Missed the 2 week easter holiday when I was in America, but then the summer holiday did come quite quickly after that!

We do 187 days, start in August, take Thanksgiving-3 days, Christmas to New Years (usually about 2 weeks) and spring break, one week, Easter-2 days, always end school the last of May. 2 built in snow days. I guess we just don't get as much time off. But in the agricultural south, school was always scheduled around the times that kids were needed to plant in the spring, weed in the summer. It has just stayed that way even though most kids don't live on farms or know what a cotton plant looks like, anymore!