What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

just veg, Heidi! Kick back for R&R!

Son#1 wanted me to come by the garden center because he says it makes the afternoon go by quicker (sweet feller), but I attacked projects here and finished the first coat of paint on the BH greenhouse addition. Still weeding and cleaning my work space upstairs. Finally found a knitting pattern I'd been asked to ID on another forum, played with cousins on facebook, snarled at son#2 about litter pan aroma upstairs

Planning to grill a garlic and herb stuff pork roast on the barby in a while. Need to go harvest the herbs before dark

I know some of you hate to hear (see) this phrase but I just have to say it...I am bored.

I do have things I can do but I do not want to do any of them. So I am tired/bored.

Dont want to read. Nothing on tv. Too humid to glue. Ick..no way am I going to clean. My friends are all doing their own thing today and Fred is at work. I feel like a little kid! ROFL

I think I will continue to be a lazy lump today. I did clean and water all the plants outside and inside. I did empty the ash out of the bbq. I did take fred to work and drop nat/her friend off at the beach.

I did accomplish some things today. Now I am just kinda..eh.

You know what I mean?

Boy, do I know that feeling! I feel like that far too often!

ROFLMAO Deana!

Boredom is over. It has to be. I received an email from my sil. She snuck in there that the family was coming up HERE for a visit this weekend. I instantly IMed my MIL and yes yes ..they are coming on Saturday. I have no clue how many cause they have not told me yet. I could have a gaggle of six adults plus a boatload of kids.

So everyone is on Red Alert..if it does not move..CLEAN IT! Fred is going to weed wack and mow, clean off the patio, get the chairs up from under the porch, and clean those.

OMG!

I am glad I caught that. Because they would have come up anyway. We would have been laying around in our PJs, dusty house, and not a beverage in sight.

If it was just his mom and step dad, i would not be acting this way. But since it could be his sisters, I am. Let me just say this in all honesty..They are Witches. Pure and simple. So the less there is for them to witch about the better.

I need to remember to put wine on my list. I am going to need some.

Oh and there goes my NO Spend for this week. They want BBQ on the grill. You all who throw parties know exactly how much it is going to cost to feed all those people. I am going to be a cheapo in one sense..I am getting two 24 can packs of soda from BJs. Bjs brand. Only costs $5!

I have learned over the years not to get too worked up over people like your SILs. Nothing will satisfy them if they are like that-they'll complain that the dirt in the yard needs dusted! Besides, if they don't like it, maybe they won't come back!

I have started laundry and cleaning in our bathroom. Being gone all day yesterday threw me behind. I got up about 4:30 and finished making the 'fences' to go around my stairwells and the posts for the staircases. It was fun filling in the tiny holes on the wooden beads with spackle so I can use them on top of the posts... Anyway, just have to paint and install them now. I also have to clean the kitchen today and start on the 7 dwarves house. I want to get it done and packed away for Christmas so I can concentrate on my Storybook, finally-maybe!

Still cannot due much and the Dr still has not called back on possible treatment for my wrist. I do know it is not broken and I did not do anything that stressed it or the plate connections holding everything together before all that pain. Right now I have it wrapped with an elastic bandage for additional support and wear a craft glove over it so I can do a few things around the house. DD2 has jury duty today so the laundry she was going to do for me must wait but I did get the kitchen picked up and the dishwasher started. Picked up the kitchen and will go make the bed, but changing linens must wait for her to help. Every time I go by the craft room both the Coaching house and the Montclair sigh and sort of hunker down. I may try one or two of the smaller furniture kites or painting some of the unfinished Bespaq furniture for the Montclair. I have to do something creative or go crazy!!!!

Still cannot due much and the Dr still has not called back on possible treatment for my wrist. I do know it is not broken and I did not do anything that stressed it or the plate connections holding everything together before all that pain. Right now I have it wrapped with an elastic bandage for additional support and wear a craft glove over it so I can do a few things around the house. DD2 has jury duty today so the laundry she was going to do for me must wait but I did get the kitchen picked up and the dishwasher started. I will go make the bed, but changing linens must wait for her to help. Every time I go by the craft room both the Coaching house and the Montclair sigh and sort of hunker down. I may try one or two of the smaller furniture kites or painting some of the unfinished Bespaq furniture for the Montclair. I have to do something creative or go crazy!!!!

ticked and tired! Our 'frequent caller' has plugged our voicemail with 13 hangups and three messages. I am ready to find a gun! It's hard not to feel for this fellow. He was in a diabetic coma for weeks several years ago which seemed to leave him disabled, Was a high-ish ranking military fellow and no dummy, divorced (though ex takes care of him), has our home phone number and dials it to chitchat many many many times a day sometimes starting at 4:30 am. Ignoring it does not good, he just rings and rings. He is sweet. polite and childish, but we can't answer the phone without a long conversation. No, we don't have caller id, which we need. DH does fuss at him about early/frequent calls, but C.W. can't keep the info in his head the next day.

*hugs* Gayle! A difficult situation. Hope you can get caller id and that it'll help.

I'm off to meet our regional team today. At the conference the director of the region asked informally if i could do a pharmacy scene for their office. So thought I'd take my laptop and show him some pictures to see what he has in mind, and what the budget is!

Moved Tiara's stuff in today. She'll arrive tomorrow after school.

Kaela and Kendall are both excited about having their own dollhouses. Kaela will get the Pierce rehab and Kendall the Brookfield rehab. Kaela wants to come over and work on it. She's all keen to pick out wallpaper for the attic.

Heidi, don't knock yourself out cleaning for the ingrates. When your body says you need to veg out for a bit -- you need to veg out for a while to restore energy.

Muriel, a mini commission? Congratulations! :unsure:

Gayle, a sad situation. :blink:

I'm up early this morning because my head won't let me sleep. I'm trying to install a map of the Czech Republic in TomTom and having a devil of a time with it. I dreamed about it, restless sleep, and finally got up. I think I have a new angle to work on that came from my dream and want to see if it will work.

The floor guys will be here this morning to install the kitchen linoleum. It's the thickest that Armstrong makes, very cushiony. My aching feet are looking forward to it. We weren't able to get the refrigerator and stove out of the room. They're going to have to deal with it. Couldn't get the quarter round out from under the toe-kick area by the sink, either, but I'm sure they can handle it all.

My grandkids will arrive today from Calif. for a week long visit ! So first thing it's off to the farmer's market/ flea market. I'm sure we'll come home with a truck load of local goodies for them.

Kathie....I worked at Armstrong for 35 years ! I made a lot of floor tile in my day ! :unsure:

Well...I better get moving. Have a nice day all.

Steve in PA

Fred and I finished the yard and patio yesterday. Looking pretty good. Good thing too since it is going to rain all day today. Today I will tackle the downstairs bathroom.

I want to hide away anything of value so that it does not disappear. Yeah, that can happen. None of the usual suspects are coming over but plans could change and they could show up.

I also want to de-clutter the living room. Fred and I both said that even if they do not show up, these things needed to be done. So we will be happy that we did it anyway.

I am SO MAD at MonsterFace! He broke my Marquam Hill mansion yesterday!!! :unsure::blink::(

He jumped on the roof as usual but he used the bathroom window bump out as a step stool. He ripped it right off and it fell behind the dollhouse. I have to retrieve it today and hope that I can fix it. Fat so and so!

Since it is cooler today (in the 60s) I am going to use the other zucchini I have to make zucchini muffins.

Ohhh, I can totally understand you being upset with MF now Heidi, just watch out if he tries and "fix" the house though... post-90-1248185115.jpg

Zucchini muffins souds divine!!!

Hugs

I am hoping I can fix it. He totally ripped it off. I have to push the dollhouse (and stand) out of the way so I can see what the pieces look like. If I could swear on here about it would. Because I am mad. Grrr!

I guess I will have to reinforce it better.

Anna,

The muffins will be made just like zucchini bread. Walnuts and raisins inside. The bread did not last long..LOL So I think muffins will be better for us for breakfast.

How is the real life house ideas coming along Anna?

Keeping fingers crossed that it is "an easy" repair (as if there are any, but you know what I mean)!!!

I think I need to look into zucchini bread as that really sounds great. I like making bread.

As for the hosue plans, we are almost there, we think, we have the plans more or less settled, now we need the architect to draw the changes on the blue print so that we can file for the proper permits as there will be huuuuuge changes done, mostly interior but some on the exterior as well eventhough we do want to keep the "cottagey" feel of it. Still thinking about the exterior colour though, I am leaning towards either a softer tone of yellow with sage green window treatments or even a total change to the soft blue shades and grey foundation and white windows....

We'll see about that, but we will have to do a little something with the exterior as well as we'll be changing the kitchen window amongst other things. Fun, yet a bit scary!

Hugs

I'm just doing some deep cleaning for the first part of the day. Uugh we have all wood floors and tile, no carpet and three dogs this week. Our 7 month old great dane, chihuahua and we're baby-sitting fiance's mom's Yorkie. It's impossible to keep our floors clean! So yeah, cleaning which is a losing battle pretty much but worth it b/c when the kit comes I want to be able to work on it guilt free! In the mean time finishing up the runway project I'm working on for dd's birthday tomorrow and then this evening finishing up the birthday shopping! I think we're having pasties for dinner so will have to make a break to the grocery store at some point.

FIL is coming for a visit this afternoon and we have not been keeping up with the housework, so everyone gets to spend a good part of the day cleaning - for us more than for him! Seems the only times that we really clean the house properly are when company is coming so that they don't see how messy we really can be! LOL! Not filthy, just very dusty and piles of stuff everywhere it seems!

FIL is coming for a visit this afternoon and we have not been keeping up with the housework, so everyone gets to spend a good part of the day cleaning - for us more than for him! Seems the only times that we really clean the house properly are when company is coming so that they don't see how messy we really can be! LOL! Not filthy, just very dusty and piles of stuff everywhere it seems!

Are you in MY house? Cause that sounds like what happens and is happening in MY house right now..ROFL

Tuesday..I have five more days (including today) to get this house shippy shape for the inlaws. I did a heap of dusty and de-cluttering in the livingroom.

I need a break! LOL

It came off in one piece. Good! I will glue it on really really well so that he cannot do that again.

E6000 ... I swear it would hold up a RL roof! :unsure:

Bit of a change in plan today. The floor guys aren't coming until next week Tuesday. I'm sure the guy said NEXT Tuesday, which would be today, but I only jotted down "Tues" when we spoke, not the date, so I can't put all of the blame on him. That's all right. Not a big deal.

Went to grocery store, bank, Hobby Lobby. All the important places! Got my floor started on the dwarf house, started on the fireplace, started chicken for chicken and dumplings tonight, finished nothing so far!