What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Today is laundry and kitchen cleaning day. Four loads to be done, (under way!) and a complete scrub of the kitchen counters, stove top, oven and floor. Along with all the stuff on top of them.

We had a replacement glass sunroom done a couple of years ago and there has been a leak around the skylight that leaks in a heavy driving rain. The company has been out six or seven times to repair it and they just came out again and disassembled the whole thing and put it back together again. The (and we!) hope that fixed it.

Do not worry Llynn. I have perfected laziness to an art form! LOL

LOL, now that is what I wanted to hear!!! :welcome: You know I will worry about you and fuss a little as well but hearing this makes me back off just a teeny bit... Maybe...

Oh well, today has been one of those chore-filled days, had some errands to run, some laundry to do with so that the work clothes can be used again over the weekend, restocked the fridge and pantry and planned the meals so that they are filling yet fast to do, especially over the weekend as we will be over in our new house working there... Hubby will deal with the draining, ie dig a trench (?) around the whole house, albeit in phases and add one of those "carpets" around the house foundation as well as drainage and I will continue my destruction of probably kitchen walls and cupboards... >patting my trusty crow bar...<

We had one of those great discoveries over the weekend, RL houses talk and make demands as well as the smaller version does... Hubby was astounded and I had a giggling fit... We had one of those "discussions" with her and agreed upon a few things all three of us LOL

Hugs

We had one of those great discoveries over the weekend, RL houses talk and make demands as well as the smaller version does... Hubby was astounded and I had a giggling fit... We had one of those "discussions" with her and agreed upon a few things all three of us LOL

I'll bet it helped in the discussion that you were armed with a crowbar. :wave:

I'll bet it helped in the discussion that you were armed with a crowbar. :wave:

:lol: Well, I didn't think about that.... But it might have hehe... The thing is, we had talked just like I "do" with a mini house, ie "the stairs would look so much better coming up over there" and "don't you think a half wall in the kitchen would look so much better giving the room some extra airiness" etc etc. Hubby commented about it later on as he knews the concept of talking to a house and felt it somewhat similar LOL

Hugs

I am DONE! Enough of the smoking for me. And I am really going to suffer through as bad as it is going to be and quit this time for good!

Because of the cost, I have cut my consumption down to 10 cigarettes a day. It used to be a whole pack before..I never smoked more then that. I refuse to buy cheaper generic and I will not roll my own. If I cannot have what I want..then I will not have any at all. That has always been my thinking on the subject.

For the past 3 months the price has been $6.66..hehehe evil! Today it jumped to $7.06! That is a 40cent increase! I am done. I could talk about the health stuff (i know I know..please do not remind me), and the family (I smoke outside)...but the bottom line of the money is what is finally hit me in the back of the head!

I am NOT spending (if I went back to a pack a day) almost $50.00 a week..A WEEK!!..on cigarettes. That is almost $200 a month...That is like $2300 a year! NO WAY! NOPE!

I am done. I have a pack of nicorette in the cabinet and I will purchase some more on Friday. I feel that this one that I bought this morning..is my last one.

I am going to really have to watch my calories now. On top of the not being able to exercise and the insulin..if I do not pay attention..I will be an Oompah Loompah by Christmas!

I know i have been spending practically that amount already at $6.66 a pack but I think it was the $7 that did it to me. Enough!

I am going to be a raving, raging, nasty witch but Oh well. I will ask my therapist to give me something for the anxiety. She will do it. She will be happy I finally have given up.

So there.

You GO, girl! I'm in the same fix, down to my last bit of tobacco - have rolled my own for years and this last tax increase finally affected rolling tobacco such that the price more than doubled on, of course, April 1. And flat broke naturally until 8/3/09 when the Social Security comes in. Guess I'm gonna quit.....AAARRRGGHHH!

I want to, I really do, HATE the things. You know, I think what scares me about quitting is the personality change that the withdrawal causes - don't wanna be crazy. Some would say it's already too late...

Anyway, Heidi, you've got my backing 100%+!!

. You know, I think what scares me about quitting is the personality change that the withdrawal causes - don't wanna be crazy. Some would say it's already too late...

The raving lunatic phase does not last that long but it feels like an eternity when you are in the midst of it. Just give the family a heads up. Tell them that you are going to have a month long PMS-fest and they are along for the ride! ROFL

*i quit smoking before and it lasted four years so I know*

Think of that extra money. Think of what you can do with it. That is what is going to drive me to stop the madness. I am tired of being broke because of these things.

All of us smokers already know the damage we are doing to ourselves. We know it so we do not want to be beaten up by it.

I want to flip this in another direction.

I could buy myself the iMac laptop of my dreams with that money! No touching Chelsea! Mine Mine Mine!

Heidi, try the patches. I am on one right now, and don't have the anxiety, just kinda antsy. I had already cut way back because of my allergies, but the expense is what did it for me, also. And even though I don't smoke in the house either, I still smell like an ashtray!

So DH and I have a bet going. If I can stay quit for a month, I get a new dollhouse, paid for by him. Originally it was the Brimbles, but I decided that if I'm going to suffer, he needs to pay off with more than money. So I'm designing a Taos style adobe house which he has to build the shell for! With the money you save by not smoking, think of all the goodies you can buy! I'm already picking out windows and doors and looking for barrel tile for the walkway roofs.

Why don't you and I form our own support group? We can keep each other company in our misery..actually, I'm not miserable as long as I have a patch on, and because I'm so antsy, I'm getting lots done around here!

Heidii, you go girl! Hang in there but I am sure you will feel so much better once you have cleared it out of your system and get past the withdrawal pangs. Tobacco, thank God, is not a problem we have had in our house so we have not had to worry about the increasing tax costs. It is going to be interesting to see what the various government agencies who use the tax to fund their programs will do as people stop buying cigarettes and the funds dry up.

As for what I am up to, can't explain it but I have had an outburst of energy and have been cleaning cabinets and sorting stuff to go to Goodwill since the start of the weekend. Have a bunch of furniture covers and towels to sort through. Refrigerator and pantry to be done next! Finished the laundry yesterday and will finish up the kitchen today. Next hopefully on to our closets and dressers.

Heidi you will mske it. I gave them up over 9 yrs ago and it was not easy. I did it cold turkey. The only thing is I ate everyhting insight. LOL.

If you need moral support I am here for you. But I think you are a very strong person and you will make it. I will keep you in my Prayers.

Val

Sherry,

Okay, we can cry together.

I cannot do the patches. They give me wickedly bad nightmares. Even when I do not wear them to bed.

I figured out when I was taking the stop smoking pill that I was a mouth smoker. So I think the gum might be the ticket. I also need to get some sugar free gum to chew on during the day.

It will drive the family crazy. I am good at snapping gum..hehehe

My gift to myself will BE the Macbook. I will use the money I save from not smoking to buy it. This pack will last me until tomorrow night. I have enough of the gum to survive Thursday. Then I will buy some more on Friday. I will be zonked out on the Ativan they gave me for my MRI so that will not be a problem...much..LOL

I just found the pack of Nicorette. Expiration date is not until middle of 2010 so I am good. There is also a bonus! It has a $10 off coupon that is still good.

So I am doing this.

I don't have the eating problem, as I have been slowly losing weight for over a year now. The doctor says it's not enough to worry about, and to eat all I want. And I have never chewed gum, as I tend to forget what I'm chewing and swallow it! So I will try these patches.

If nothing else, I'm getting a lot done around the house, as I just can't sit still unless I make myself lay down and then I go to sleep!

So, I started yesterday morning. 4 weeks from now, I will order the windows, roof tiles, and doors for the Hacienda del Morgan!

Sherry,

I will probably be doing some cleaning too. To get my mind off of it.

I am going to give the girls fair warning. Do not ping me for the next week or two. I cannot guarantee I will be able to hold my tongue.

I can't hold my tongue on a good day, Heidi! Once the kids move out to their own house (mid-August we think) it will be easier. This morning is worse than yesterday, I am walking the floor. The chimney is ready to spackle once the sealer dries, but while waiting I have moved some boxes to the garage, organized my minis (I could furnish another kitchen with all the stuff, love the kitchen gadgets), and now am sitting here munching on Quaker Oat Bran O's. Those are like candy to me!

I should sit down and work on my petit point rug, but just can't do it. So I'm wearing a trail in the living room carpet!

It is so humid today. It is like pea soup. It is not hot though but still sweating when I want to do anything. Very cloudy day today and threats of thunderstorms for the rest of the week.

I am going to tackle some of the pantry today. Not going to push myself though. It needs to be re-organized and wiped down. I have too many cans of baked beans! ROFL Fred keeps buying them. You would think he would look and see we already have it.

Waiting for the phone call from the Radiology Dept today. They make a call to make sure you do not have pins or metal in your body. I have to find my yoga pants so I wont have to wear scrubs tomorrow.

I took Chelsea to the Dermatologist yesterday. She paid for half the visit and the Dr gave her cheap scripts for her face. The antibiotic will be free. Our local grocery store pharmacy does not charge a fee for most antibiotics. The other script is very cheap. She has to go back in a month. She has done good with the acne for the last 2 years but it has gotten angry looking (and feeling) the past couple months.

Ugh! I am sweaty.

It is the most gorgeous summer day here. In the high 70's with a nice breeze, large white puffy clouds in the sky and sunshine! I feel so happy. Hot humid weather gets me down physically and mentally. Monday was so humid you felt like you had to cut it to walk around! We have had a cool summer which I really like, but we are very short of rain which means I have to lug ahose around the garden :) ! WE have a good crip of potatoes so every night I have to think of a new way to serve potatoes. Don't know tonights menue yet. Well it's out to the garden for bean picking. Rita

Pulled a few weeds, mailed a package for DH, went to Michael's $ sale again....lol, these sales get expensive! Started a crock pot of Mexican stew, since I don't feel like having to cook tonite. Spackling the dwarf house, one wall left to to. I am tired of spackle!! Now I think I'll lay down and read until DH gets home for lunch. Alpangle sent me some mini books I have been reading and marking!

Still working on the kitchen. I am so slow! On Monday it was a muggy sticky day. I took apart the oven and micro oven to clean it then had the dickens of the time getting the oven door back on. Did get several of the upper cabinets cleared out and wiped down and rearranged. including all of my baking stuff. Then there was the under corner cabinet with the swivel swing out carousel. Shudder!!! But it is also done. Also got our laundry done folded and put away. Tuesday was beautiful and so I did get the refrigerator cleaned out but it was sounding funny, loud and running rough. Called our repair man and he came yesterday in the afternoon. Found the fan was breaking loose from it's moorings and if I had let it go any longer, moocho $ in damage. Now everything is so quiet I keep checking to see if it is running! Also got the center island cook top and drawers all cleaned out and sorted. Washed lots of pot and pans. Ran the dishwasher with all the dog bowls and then ran it again to clean it out. And then there were the spices to sort through for out of date and multiples. After that we had pizza for dinner and I crashed and burned for the rest of the evening. Today is another muggy day and I want to tackle the kitchen pantry that really needs going through, stuff sorted, excess to food pantry, outdated to trash and list of needed to start stocking up on for the winter Then a good wash and restocking. That will be followed by the hall pantry off the mud room for the bulky stuff and then there is the laundry room. How on God's green earth did we accumulate so much stuff? Just hope I can last long enough to get to our bathroom and our bedroom closets. The funny thing is my audience through all of this. All three dogs are constantly under foot and poking their noses in what ever is open. Flynn, the golden practically climbed in beside me when I was doing the lower corner cabinet. In any event they all sit or lay down in a row watching me do my thing. They certainly make chores interesting! LOL!!!!!!!!

courage to all who are quitting the smokes. Never did that particular vice, but DFIL had terrible consequences to the end. He had ALS, but died of the emphysema he'd contracted years before. He'd given up the cigs probably 10 years before I met him.

If you can, I hope you will...for your life.

Rolled garlic and herb pork roast on the BRB, fresh tomato bruschetta, and dry white wine. Happy menfolk and four legged children! Life is good on a Wednesday work night.

Sleep well!

, fresh tomato bruschetta,

Mmmm! Bruschetta! I have not made that in many months. Bjs wholesale sells these big bags of garlic toast..I cannot think of the name of them right at the moment. They are medium thickness and crunchy. I lay them out on cookie sheet and warm them in oven. Then plop the cold bruschetta on top.

It was sooo humid last night. Fred and I kept wetting wash clothes with cold water to try and keep cool. I definitely need to invest in a portable AC for our bedroom. I keep talking about it but I never do it. UGH! It was awful last night. I drank 2 large glasses of water already this morning.

Fred wants me to wait on the quitting smoking until after I get the MRI results. I want to be successful at this, finally. If I do it today and then get all frazzled waiting, I may slip up and start smoking again.

So hopefully, I will get an answer on Friday. Then I can quit on Saturday.

I am going to do it...just not today. He is correct that I will probably lose it with worry and ruin all the good I started.

Did I say it was humid? It isnt even hot. Just thick air and even blinking too hard makes you sweat..LOL

I have to search out my yoga pants. I think they are in the disaster zone that is Natalie`s room.

Yesterday was really tough for me. I don't know why, just one of those days. I ended up smoking two that I shouldn't have, but still not bad.

Heidi, I hope you hear from your doctor soon and get this all taken care of!

Yesterday was really tough for me. I don't know why, just one of those days. I ended up smoking two that I shouldn't have, but still not bad.

Heidi, I hope you hear from your doctor soon and get this all taken care of!

Well, tonight is my MRI. Dr said he would call when he gets the results. Fred knows the women that work in the dept. They can give a heads up if there is something there or not. So I may find out tonight or I will have to wait. Then it will be another appointment.

its been a busy last 2 weeks, Cardioligist appts, Dentist Appts. and a very dear friend is having her annual yard sale... I put a few things in but not much.!! I should have added alot more in... I have 2 extra dollhouse kits that I could have put in but was afraid someone would try to open them... My house is a total disaster..!! Took youngest son to riding lessons this morning then stopped by for a few hours to help at the yard sale.. My oldest son has been down there since Thursday evening helping out at the sale. We are all so tired... !! Havent been feeling 100% lately either... and I am going to try to stop the cigs too... I only smoke about 3 a day but I need to stop... The boys dont know I am doing it so I know I should stop.!! I need to get back to the San fran Lighthouse it really has me disappointed as I thought it would be so neat but Now that I have the top completed and have no idea what to do about the exterior colors.

Heidi, You can DO IT !!!!! You are so strong... and you will be able to fight the urge... just chew gum and keep busy.!!

Kellee