What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Sounds like you are really redoing everything, Anna. How fun it must be to get to do it all over to suit yourself!

I've spent the day trying to get things cleaned, shopped, groceries for the week stocked, and the bar clean enough for us to eat on this week. I am probably through with minis until the weekends, now. But I found a design for a Navaho rug that I will draw off on my canvas so I'll have that to work on in the evenings, and finish the afghan for the bedroom also. Not as much fun as playing with the paint glue and spackle, though!

Wish me luck on this new job, that it's one I can enjoy while I'm there and not stress out over when I'm home. After 24 years of teaching, I'm ready for that kind of life!

Hope you have a great day Sherry!

I dropped Chris off at the station, then stopped in a shop that sells a bit of everything and is closing down. Got a couple rugs to protect our carpet (definitely having hardwood floors in my house!!) and a few bits i can maybe use for miniing. Got some paint, some foam brushes, new knife, and some thin wire.

Chris is on his way up to Edinburgh for the Edinburgh festival! no work for him :welcome: He loves comedy, and had the oportunity to stay with a friend there (who also has connections as she's a producer, so some cheaper tickets). I'm not as big a comedy fan and couldn't get time off work, so he's up there by himself. He'll miss me I'm sure! I'll miss him too, but will be crazy busy at work :blush:

Did grocery shopping for the week - all the things he doesn't particularly like but that I do. Now was going to do some Franklin work, but quite enjoying the sitting on the sofa, watching Cars, not doing anything else ;) I'll probably get on to it in a bit...

I finished the rescue run yesterday and it turned into a six hour instead of the four hours I was expecting. He was the sweetest little guy and so skinny. Right now he has some major health problems in addition to be deaf so it will be a while before he is ready for adoption. Sometimes it is so difficult when I see the ones that we get from the shelters and the abuse cases, I want to keep them all and make them better, fat and sassie!!!!!

Now I have to get back to real life and do some house cleaning. We have had "scattered" showers that were mini torrential rains over the past 24 hours and the in and out of 12 "tiny" paws have made my kitchen and the rest of the house they are allowed into look like we held a motor cross event here. Luckily most of it is tile and just needs a good steaming to clean up. The rugs should clean up with a good vacuum once they are dried out.

One good thing was that it looks like maybe (fingers crossed) the guys have finally fixed the leak in the skylight in the sun room. It is where I do most of my miniing and I have had to keep everything covered "just in case". I certainly hope so.

I am still waiting for my order from Uncle Ernie's so I can finish up the electrical in the Montclair. I made some changes in the "flow" of the rooms and had to add some additional walls and relocate some doors. I have to prime them but will not fix them in permanently as some of the walls will need to be papered and once in place will not be accessible.

Discovered the lights in my Shakespear's Library stopped working so will have to do a bit of troubleshooting before the end of the week to find and fix the cause.

Today I paneled all the little window walls in the lantern room and made one of them into a door. I have to mask & prime the ceiling and then paint it before I can install it (I make a LOT of concessions for 1:24!).

Tomorrow I'll be in & out, have to get a haircut!!! and tomorrow night is a water management district meeting about one of our paddling venues that we & two of our paddling buddies are attending.

We have discovered our propane tank is nearly empty, and it should be over 80% FULL; suspected culpret's our tankless water-heater, DH can't get at the valve to see if it's stuck open, but the hot water is MUCH hotter than what he'd set the thermostat for. The guy is coming to work on it Weds.

Well, I got nothing done but work yesterday. I did water the pot plants outside last night and did a load of laundry, but that was it. Nice people at work, it seems like. We'll see when the 'honeymoon' is over. One thing I know is that it beats teaching!

I am going to look through those intimidating boxes of little tiny wood parts and try and figure out what they are all for ( farm house)! Oh how I wish the humidity was gone here!

Have a safe trip Sue! :p

I wanted to share a new picture of Oliver. You can see his spots are coming in nicely. He is such a hellion. It is a bit blurry cause he flinched. Hard to get a pic of him when he is awake..LOL

Heidi, I have to be honest, if you lived closer, I would kidnap (catnap) that cat. He is the cutest thing and looks mischievious.

Today was back to school day... yay or something like that LOL. Actually I like it but I would still rather be home and mini and/or plan/fix things for our new house...

Hugs

Counting down the days until school starts. 6 more to go...YAY!! Will start slicing eggplant for frying in a little bit. Along with heating up the grilled pork chops and fried potatoes from last night. Worked on dry fitting the 1/144th American Gothic Mansion and Gazebo this afternoon. Hopefully will get around to painting them after supper. Since losing both grandmothers and an aunt this summer, I haven't felt like doing much. It's like building my first house all over again.

Oh, Roberta, honey! I'm SO sorry for your losses {{BIG HUGS}}! Sometimes minis are a great way to cope with emotional overloads like that, and sometimes you can work tributes to your loved ones into what you make. I'm glad you're back.

The Little House on the Highway is once more clean, and now I need to start taking groceries out there for our weekend trip.

I have the lantern room painted and handles on the door; one last bit of outside floor to paint grout color and then tile it.

Hugs Roberta, that is a really tough summer for you. I agree, sometimes minis are a good way of taking a break from the real world. I think the hobby is perfect for making tributes to people, though that might take time.

Crazy day at work as suspected. Tomorrow won't be any better. Had a really rude man on the phone, just makes me wonder why some people are so rude without any need for it (He was just rude from the outset, not in response to me displeasing him). Just curious how people can be so horrid.

Looking forward to saturday afternoon!

Got the September rota and I'm spread out around the area, so will get to see some different and hopefully quieter shops.

Thank you Muriel and Holly. Hugs are greatly welcomed! Working on our houses does help. I have painted half of the gazebo and mansion, hope to start gluing sometime today. Have to pack clothes for the kids so they can visit with their dad this weekend and get school clothes/supplies. Still don't know what to make for supper. :unsure:

I'm so sorry for your losses, Roberta. I know how you feel...one of my close friends committed suicide recently, and a couple of weeks ago my DH collasped and had to have a pace maker. He almost didn't make it. I feel like you...I have to push myself to do anything. I just feel like sitting, and staring off into space. I guess we'll feel better in time. The minis sure do help. I'm thinking of you, and sending you peaceful thoughts. Take care.

:unsure:

I can sympathize with you also, Roberta. My husband lost his grandmother in June and his mother six weeks later on July 28th. And DS#2 was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at 9 years old. His blood glucose was so high when we got to the hospital that, if we had waited another day, we would have lost him, also. Thankfully, he is now 10 and is doing soo much better.

It has been a rough year for us, too.

Well i didn't pick up any yes glue to finish my wallpaper in the Foxhall so taht will have to wait until next payday. i think i'll try to make some doll clothes today for one of my Tonner girls. i've been thinking about that all week!

we were supposed to go camping this weekend but my brother couldn't get off of work on time and it's rainy so we cancelled the trip. glad we did, i woke up to rain and lots of storm clouds! i was thinking about cleaning the house today but i think i'll just relax and work on hobbies...it's been a very busy last two weeks at work and stressful to boot!

Yay!!, finally Saturday afternoon has arrived! I hope I never have to do a week like that again! Normally in the shop there are two people out front in the morning and one in the afternoon. In the dispensary one plus pharmacist in the morning and two plus pharmacist in the afternoon. So basically pharmacist plus at least 3 others. One full time person has been off on holidays, so it has been two plus pharmacist. On Wednesday another full timer had to go home ill (swine flu!), so we were down to pharmacist plus one. In fact thursday afternoon it was down to pharmacist only :) Just about every day I have been phoning the area coordinator to get more staff, but there hasn't been anyone available to help out. So I phoned him thursday morning and said if noone comes I'm shutting the shop. Knew that wouldn't really be liked, but certainly can't do it by myself!! They managed to get us two very helpful people from another branch. By this time, with the week before one full time member down and this week two down, we were 3-4 days behind. So stayed two extra hours thursday night to try and get stuff ready for friday morning (ie all those people who kindly said they'd come back rather than wait) and stayed an extra hour friday night to order stuff for saturdays call back prescriptions. Today we finally managed to catch up. That involved recruiting two extra dispensers (on their days off!) who were fantastic and staying an extra 2.5 hours. All caught up now, but monday it'll be back to stupid again cause we're still down the member who is ill, plus usually monday there's one less staff anyway. Managed to cover half the day, but the afternoon it is just pharmacist plus one part time dispenser who doens't really know the shop at all. Want my day off (monday), but don't want to have done all this extra work to catch up, only to go in on tuesday and be miles behind again, so might have to go in in the afternoon to help out. Wish the company'd just allow overtime!

Tomorrow there's a dollhouse fair in Weston. Was quite a good one when we went last year, though not that big, but next weekend going to the DHE shop, so have decided to save my pennies for there instead. So tomorrow I might clear off the franklin - it has accumulated lots of junk over the last couple months. That is so long as I'm not ill. I've been sneezing, and sniffling a bit but otherwise feel fine. Would be just bad luck, all week crazy stress, finally get to the relaxing weekend and I'm ill stuck in bed :p The stress is probably catching up with my body and it says that's enough!

What is everyone else up to? any fun miniing planned? Ooh, might unpack my new scroll saw! that'd be exciting :D

I am home today! I was so tired by the time I got home and did dinner every night that I haven't done anything but crochet a bit. Today I got the groceries and then starting laundry and am playing while it washes.

I'm landscaping my dwarf house finally, and waiting on paint and glue to dry right now. I have paint and the first layer of dirt on the blufoam, gravel and a few rocks in the creek. While that dries, I am working on my wishing well. One thing about working all week, it makes you appreciate the weekends!

Have fun at the DE and take pictures Muriel!

29th anniversary for us today! Oldest son has promised to cook supper tonight (shrimp and grits)

The responsibilities of bridesmaids and groomsmen: bridesmaids do useful stuff like keep the dress off the wet grass; groomsmen contemplate how many cocktail meatballs they'll get away with at the reception.

post-2290-1250448326_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1250448368_thumb.jpg

Yep, I'm the one in the big dress. It was my Mom's. Thanks. It was an awful sticky humid day and so a brave choice to wear in summertime SC. This was a winter wedding dress, but we were in love and had to make the schedule for married housing at the university, so August it was.....

That looks like a happy day Gayle! Lovely.

We're trying to come up with the right wording for our invitations :) (haven't tried too hard yet :p )

Tried out our scroll saw today! it works! Didn't actually make anything, just tried cutting straight, round and angles. It is lovely and quiet, but does rattle when the wood bounces on the table, will have to figure out how to sort that. I like it though!

Otherwise I cleared up and tidied the dollhouse building area in the sitting room and moved another house into the cleared space. Next is moving my desk from the study (where I have used it once in the last year - maybe - to the hobby room where I can put the saw on it!

Tomorrow morning I'm taking the car to get the cigarette lighter fixed so that I can plug the sat nav into it. Grocery shopping while we wait for the car. Also routine trip to the doctor in the afternoon and will probably end up at the pharmacy to help out.

I am still here! :)

I am hoping to hear from the pain clinic today or tomorrow about my schedule for the cortizone shots. It has been hot here and I have been dealing with my back and legs. Both legs are bothering me now. Not at the same time so that is a blessing.

School starts here on the 28th. Natalie is a Junior. I had to go to the office to have her transcript fixed for some mistakes. We have done a bit of shopping for school but not much yet. I have not even bought any pens or notebooks at all. I need to drag her out to see what she might need. High school is different then the lower grades. They usually tell you on the first day what the kid needs for the class.

I have not been doing much of anything. Reading, watching movies, and putzing around. I cannot lift anything or bend over so that scratches alot of things off my list.

The fleas have finally arrived. The animals have been doing great because of our mild summer. The flea treatments were keeping the fleas at bay. Once the heat hit..blammo! Flea nation in the house. I have borax sprinkled on the carpet and I am going to give Perla a nice flea bath today. It is like the fleas are resistant to all forms of treatment..

So I am still here and kicking. Just not as front and center as usual. I will let you all know how the treatments work when they start.