What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I finished painting the lantern room brackets (they are lasercut, but still needed punching out, and EXTREMELY delicate!)

After the five miles Sunday AM on my trike, the first time in nearly a year, I did 18+ today when we rode down to the kayak outfitter to check out their sale on their rental boats. Last year DH had swapped out our tandem kayak for a tandem canoe and whilst I have finally learned to paddle the canoe correctly and no longer tip to one side or the other, I still feel very much off-balance paddling it and I really miss the stability of the tandem kayak; and there are some places & trips we go paddling that it just works better to be in the same boat. So when we found out there was a Neckie Manitou II for half-price DH & I took a look and we now have THREE kayaks riding atop the truck (the canoe is still resting on top of my car) and we're glued to the weather stations.

I have begun plastering the exterior of the Lighthouse, leaving the bricked areas exposed, and so far it looks like I thought it would.

I spent most of the day sorting and organizing photos from the Czech trip. I have more shots of minis than I thought ... including several taken during a visit to a miniature park in Marienbad that has 1:25 models of historic buildings of the Czech Republic. Have about a hundred yet to process before I can begin posting.

I think the jet lag is just about finished. Am feeling much more like myself than I did a few days ago. Am really glad we decided not to make the trip to Colorado this weekend!

heading to the library. My turn to do storytime. Probably mostly toddlers, since school started back yesterday. I MUCH prefer the older kids who can sit through longer fun stuff and get the humor of books like 'Chicken Cheeks'. The kids love to hear the librarian say "Moose Caboose" and "rhinoceros glutieus maximus". The tiny tots just don't get that....

I'm planning our day tomorrow, we're going to the DHE shop and hopefully going to meet Jo Med! :) then on to see college friends in Sheffield who we haven't seen in at least a couple years. Heading to bed early though as it has been a long day, and think tomorrow will be long with about 4 hours driving. Hope I find some lovely bargains in the DHE sale tomorrow!

Nighty night zzzzzzzz

It is still hot. Ugh!

Looks like Hurricane Bill will be churning out to sea. When you see it on the map though..it is so close! But the sun is shining. I think I want to take a drive out to the beach later on and see the waves. The beaches have already been saying they are going to prohibit swimming.

I have some green tomatoes from Chelseas garden that fell when we were picking. Going to make Fried green tomatoes tonight. Yumm!

As I said yesterday I had a double Oopsie happen. MonsterFace knocked my cellphone on the floor and broke the LCD screen on it. I cannot see who is calling and texting is definitely out. That stinks big time. And the tv in my bedroom died. I know that is not a huge tragedy because we have a tv in the livingroom. But I am going to be having those shots soon. I will be laid up, possibly on Vicodin, and NO TV. Ugh! We will probably take a look see at the pawn shop next week to find a replacement.

It is sooo humid. I can take the heat so I should not complain about that. It is the sweating. I hate hate hate the sweating. You take a shower in the morning because you sweat thru the night. Then you have to take a shower in the evening before bed because you sweated all day. And if you plan on going anywhere, there is usually a third shower in there someplace.

We have AC but I am trying to curb our electricity bill.

It's rather difficult to live where I do and not perspire somewhat. DH & I invested several years ago in a humongous package of terry shop towels and every day we each grab one; so long as I can keep it out of my eyes and have plenty of water at hand, I can stand it for a while.

I'm with you. My favorite form of excercise is swimming -- no sweating! :banana:

thats what I like about the pool no sweating...but the dr. have me working out every day...and its helping...will try exercising later...haven't felt good today...overdid it yesterday...

I like swimming in the ocean but that is out now. Big ole juicy Jellyfish have moved in for the rest of the season.

No thank you.

I have had enough stings in my life that I do not want to relive that again. When the girls were little and even a couple years ago, I used to be on jelly fish watch. I would enjoy the cool salt water and keep an eye out for jellies so they would not get stung.

I just logged in and noticed today is my anniversary! Last year I was delighted to find a partially complete Pierce, which I thought maybe I'd make and sell so I could afford a better kit. Well little did I know, Utah is a great spot for finding bargains and I've acquired some houses I never thought I would be able to afford. I've found some good friends and learned lots of new techniques.

I'm babysitting Robbie while his folk go to the movies, and I''ve been looking after my niece Tiara who had surgery to create a fistula (for dialysis), which has kept me busy. Right now Tiara is at a picnic and Robbie is (hopefully) taking a nap, so I thought I'd get online and see whats new.

I just logged in and noticed today is my anniversary! Last year I was delighted to find a partially complete Pierce, which I thought maybe I'd make and sell so I could afford a better kit. Well little did I know, Utah is a great spot for finding bargains and I've acquired some houses I never thought I would be able to afford. I've found some good friends and learned lots of new techniques.

I'm babysitting Robbie while his folk go to the movies, and I''ve been looking after my niece Tiara who had surgery to create a fistula (for dialysis), which has kept me busy. Right now Tiara is at a picnic and Robbie is (hopefully) taking a nap, so I thought I'd get online and see whats new.

Happy Anniversary!!

Last night Natalie and her friend were at a music show downtown. It was supposed to be over at midnight but the band they loved was playing over their set. So I started driving down by the beach walls. Fred and I wanted to see the waves.

We were not alone. There were tons of people lined up against the wall (it is about a half mile long) watching the waves come in from the outer bands of Hurricane bill.

We live right near edge of where Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean meet. The beach was completely washed over. Some of the waves were hitting the wall but none of us got soaked. I heard on the news that today should be a real show with the waves. Maybe we will go back down later.

We so wanted to get splashed! The storm took the humidity away though which is a good thing. We turned off the ACs also. Going to be in the 80s but go back down to the 70s this week.

If it wasnt for that storm system that came through on Friday..I would not be talking to you right now. That Hurricane would have smack dabbed right into us.

Been worrying over my DH's cold/cough? Last week he has been throughly miserable and now I have a scratchy sore throat. Guess I am next so do not plan on doing anything but the bare essentials. He was so drained and worn out I dread if I follow suite. It will not be a good week.

My foot My foot..My kingdom for a foot!

My foot has been acting up this morning. I do not think I will get much done. Ugh. I hope hope hope hope that I am not in for another sciatica attack. Please no!

Need to get off this computer though. I am becoming a Bejeweled Blitz addict.

As I posted in the General Forum, I finally got the last roll of film processed and uploaded all kinds of pictures in my different albums. Here are some teasers:

Making a second-floor stair set for the Faifields bash:

gallery_8_3404_124538.jpg

and here's a new dress I knit for Miss Grayson:

gallery_8_1986_28675.jpg

and finally here's a rug I stitched with the re-upholstered sala furniture for La Casita:

gallery_8_1766_24486.jpg

Cute rug, and I really like the upholstery on the furniture! Looks like Pendleton blankets, which I love!

I haven't played any since the weekend, too tired when I get home, other than a little work on the afghan. I did score some goodies off Craigslist, which we went to pick up tonight. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to play! DH has started on the kitchen remodel since I moved my toys out of there!

This afternoon we're having the last of the neighborhood barbecues for the summer, so I need to go to the store and get something for that, or something to make for that. Believe it or not, it is actually getting pretty chilly overnight already, got out the comforter for my bed and am sitting in front of my little space heater right now, no foolin'!

Hard to realize that the first snow may be only a month or so away....with the real snowfalls that pile up into drifts higher than my head coming a few weeks after that. It was in the high 90's just last week!

My dh progress has begun to slow down because we have had teacher days this week. Classes begin on Monday. I go in a little later today because we have Freshman Orientation tonight & I have to stay late. I do not have to work on Friday & am planning to putter with my projects. I finished the Laurel last week & spoke with a pastor who thinks a particular child in his congregation would love it. I hope to post the pics this weekend. I began an Arthur (also to give away). And, I bought a Willow for myself!! :jawdrop: I haven't opened the box yet, but I am ecstatic every time I think about it.

The other thing that I discovered was that I have dolls from the 70's that fit perfectly in the dh. They are "Dawn dolls." So, when the Willow is done, they will have a place to live. This is "rad cool" as some of my students would say.

I hear you 'way down here, Mary! It still gerts up into the high 80s in the afternoons, but the AMs here are staring off in the 60s and this AM in the 50s, and that's "bannkie" weather for me!

We had pesto pork chops on the grill last night. Yummy.

Keeping an eye on the tropics today. There is a tropical disturbance that they say will most definitely impact the Eastern Seaboard either Friday or Saturday. It could stay as it is, turn into a tropical storm, or turn into a hurricane.

I think it is time for us to start putting the yard stuff away for the season..just to be on the safe side. Go away storm! I have things to do this weekend!!!

Just got back from the community garden with Chelsea. She is in charge of watering all the teaching beds and any veggies that are ripe..well they are ours to take.

I have sooooo many tomatoes.

I mean..like a ton.

I think I am going to go to the store, get some green peppers (none in beds) and some jalapenos and make batches of salsa to can.

Anyone have any good salsa recipes??

I am looking online but I figured if some of you have some tried and true recipes, I could try those instead.