What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We won't be in Chicago proper but in the south and southwest suburbs -- Naperville, Woodridge, Lisle, Matteson, Monee. Hope to get to the Morton Arboretum for a little while, too. Always looking for garden inspiration. :chat:

Been working on the quarter scale English Cottage.Spray painted the plastic windows and other pieces. Got the wall papering done, second floor added and the roof pieces put together. Now have wallpaper the insides of the roof and put on the shingles.

Well, phooey, my toaster oven just gave up the ghost. I was roasting a chicken breast, with lemon herb butter, and went to check to see if it was done and all that had happened was the butter had melted. RATS!! I use that toaster oven for everything, because the oven on my stove is a big one and it just doesn't seem right to heat it up for one chicken breast, one pot pie, six biscuits, one tuna melt or toasted cheese sandwich....

Guess I'll have to see about getting another one next month. Again, RATS!!

today i started to work on an oak floor, blocks with a pattern.

i dont work that fast so not sure when any result can be shown.

that is, if the result resembles a floor :flowers: or else it will only see the trashbin

The old house is officially on the market as of yesterday, on the net, will be published in a few papers as well as in a few places all over town so that feels great and now over at the new place we'll continue with the demolishing of the chimney, "just" the basement part done to tear down. As it is really pouring fown over here today it is a good thing we have indoors work tasks to do as well :flowers: it would have been purr-fect weather to mini in but over here there just isn't room right now and with all the dust the demolishing produces, not the best idea either...

Off to put on the protective glasses and gloves and grip that sledge hammer... Hehehe...

Hugs

I dont rember when I posted last at all it has been that long. Things are going great. I had my last baby on Feburary 2 ,2010 and his name is Riley James he is wonderful. The older kids are great as well and life couldnt be better. I couldnt put Riley in daycare and quit my job to be home with the kids. The girls and I are going to be working on houses this summer since it has been awhile and lately I have been getting the houses out and getting back into the groove of mining. Iam sure I will be asking a million questions. Here is a picture of Riley.

Life has been very hectic the past few weeks as we finally completed the refinanced (at a lower interest rate) of our house, I finally got the implants for my teeth completed (put on hold due to the four eye surgeries over the past five months), and now I am starting the pre op stuff this after noon for hopefully the final surgery on my eye on the 21st.

Have not got much miniing accomplished on a quarter scale Old English Cottage from Debby Young but the shell is together, I laid a wood floor rather than use the paper one in the kit and had to do some adjusting to get the upper floor and roof to fit. Now the roof is glued together and waiting for me to do some sanding to shape for the dips and rounded eves before shingling. I tried to locate some gallery glass liquid for the windows and it is no longer available at either Michaels or Joanns. Finally ordered it on line and the postage cost more than the bottle, sigh!!! But it is here and hopefully in the next day or so between appointments and tests I will be able to accomplish something.

Off to finish the laundry before this afternoon's appts.

Wish me luck tomorrow! I am off to visit a new dentist. I have not been to the dentist in a long time. I am ashamed to admit it. It is not because I am afraid of the dentist or that we did not have insurance coverage. I am just busy doing stuff for everybody else that it ended up on the wayside.

I quit smoking and my gums bled when I brushed. I knew that would happen. It has been (almost) 6 months and they still bleed when I brush. Plus I have a new problem. My teeth hurt when I eat. Not just hot and cold but when I chew. It is the first bites that hurt..then I am fine.

I am going to be positive and say it is too much plaque. They will clean it all away and I will be fine. I do not want to think about the periodontist right now. Eek!

So I will be off tomorrow for some toothy torture!

Heidi, be glad if there is a periodontist in your future. Our regular dentist sent me to one earlier this year after the regular cleaning. I didn't have pain in chewing but there was some intermittent discomfort and sometimes some of my teeth felt loose. I was terribly apprehensive but am now so glad I went. Had two teeth pulled (abcesses) but my teeth have never been better.

I used to floss a couple times a week but now am living by the little sign in his office: You only have to floss daily the teeth you want to keep. :)

I'm still working on putting NEM info into the new computer, but I'm almost done with all the important things. I still have to add product pictures to my Cds, but I'll have to save the ones I'm missing from the web site, a time consuming thing.

Last night I was burning music from the old, old computer we used several years ago. I wanted to get it all on CDs and install them back into Itunes. Well, the mouse started acting up. I changed the battery, still no good. I rounded up every mouse in the house, still no good. It clicks and rolls the screen up and down just fine, but to get the mouse across the screen I have to drag it across the whole desk. Running it up and down my sleeve works faster.

I found another way to get music out of my ipod and into the new computer. I can't remember what I did the last time this sort of thing happened. I guess I'll give it a try. I certainly can't move hundreds of songs into new lists so I can burn them by running a mouse up and down my sleeve. :)

When people ask you what you think your best feature is..I always chose my smile/teeth. I have what you call textbook teeth. Never had braces but all new hygentists always thought I did. Nicely spaced together. Perfect bite. I hit the toothy jackpot.

I went 10 years without going to dentist (because i did not have insurance). I had alot of plaque but not one cavity.

So I am fearful of losing teeth. I know that eventually that happens in life but I do not want to lose any that you can see when I smile. My dad used to be able to get a free cleaning when he went to the dentist...If you have fewer then 10 teeth in your mouth, they did not charge. He had 8.

I have heard horror stories about the gum scraping. How bad is it?

I have a feeling I might have an infection. Do not ask me why I think that but I just do.

I will let you all know what happens!

Keeoing fingers and toes crossed for you Heidi, I really do not like visiting the dentist (not that I have a lot of cavities or anything loike that, have had a few bad happenings as a kid that sort of scared me...) so will keep sending positive thoughts your way!!!

Sort of breathing in and out today as things have been hectic latley but taking this evening as a "me" evening, getting some computer work done, checking of work mail etc etc and will skip back and forth here as well as I have a really bad mini-itch and not much time or space to do anything much... >sulking< but on the bright side, we'll be having a four day weekend, yay, so tomorrow is last work day this week. Doing the happy dance! And come tuesday the old place will be showed and hopefully going strong to be sold....

Hugs

Heidi, I dreaded the scraping but it turned out not to be all that bad. The feeling is more of pressure than pain. In less than two days my gums were back to normal. The two teeth I lost are in the back, so my sunny smile is intact. :)

Bullwinkle terrace was picked up on Sunday, so we have space in the sitting room again. Oh, which reminds me, you have to see my high rise ceiling scraper! **hurrying to get my camera connected to the computer**

We've done pretty good since then though, the bathrooms are nearly spotless (and all the old toiletries etc chucked out), the hobby room has been cleared and sorted and all our clothes have been ruthlessly gone through and various items donated. The sitting room was tidy until we did the laundry folding in there. Chris has been working on the study. Next I think will be going through the kitchen. Emptying out cupboards of stuff we don't use, defrosting the freezer and cleaning the fridge.

In the meantime, no real mini work for me, but I'm playing with my next project. Going to do a studio flat that I pictured in a dream (designs in my gallery). So trying out various layouts and enjoying that! definitely like the planning stage best I think, but always proudest when I've made something.

post-2387-1273606566_thumb.jpg

After a failed attempt at a blood draw this morning I bummed around with a girl-friend, bought some fabric, ran some laundry, and started to work on a quilted project. Then I ran short a single fat quarter and have to hold off until I have the car and can pick one up. Tonight is my stitcher's guild counted thread (cross stitch) interest group meeting.

Tomorrow I will hopefully be back on track with the quilted stuff, otherwise I think I will try sitting still long enough to work on a 1:12 scale baby baby I've been trying to crochet for a year or so. Of course that depends on how our cat with heart failure is feeling. She's been "iffy" today since I've been home and I'm not too thrilled.

Phone calls.!! I so hate making phone calls, siting on the phone waiting, and the automated answering systems.!! Frustrating.!!

Hopefully, I can find a few minutes to work in the basement on the work area side.!!

Kellee

We got home yesterday around 4 PM after 12 days in western AL with DS#3. The whole week we were at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL, we were waiting for the call to go out for volunteers to help with cleanup on the oil spill, but it hasn't yet come ashore; although the tourists are getting all worked up over tarballs on the beach at Dauqhin Island (we used to get tarballs all the time on Palm Beach when I was growing up, they're a frequesnt byproduct of diesel marine engines).

There was an iffy wi-fi site in one of the communal buildings at the construction site the park had jury-rigged a back road to because the building is also used for "nondenominational" services on Sundays; but I still have three pages of general forum to catch up, plus the chitchat. Of course, I missed all the 1:24 excitement!

Ugh Kathie Ugh!

I have gum disease and moderate bone loss but I came in just in time! I had the upper left side done today and next week I have another side done. Then they said they will give my mouth a month to rest. Look to see if the progress is good. If the gums do not move back into position, I will have to see periodontist.

No cavities or cracked fillings..ROFL But all he** broke loose in my mouth.

I am in pain. My gums are so sore and inflammed that i was practically crying when the dentist did the measuring. So it will be Tylenol and Spaghetti for dinner.

So it will be Tylenol and Spaghetti for dinner.

Ugh, Heidi. At least now you don't have to agonize over whether or not to have it done. It will be done! And you'll be so much happier later.

I know that's not much consolation ... :)

Also, try mashed potatoes and peas, applesauce, pudding, and sugar-free popsicles. The icy popsicles can be very soothing.

Thanks Kathie. I should have clarified that I have to have all four quads done..one at a time. I had one done so three to go. They were not playing around. I was told that I was having a quad done today. At least i got to choose which one. Top left was the side that hurt the least..LOL

Chelsea is making me dinner. Asian inspired. Udon noodles with soft veggies and soft tofu.

Novicaine has worn off so i am not a happy camper. I am so glad I have vicodin left over. I am going to take one tonite for bed.

He said that my gums were bad but not horrific. He does not think i will be losing any teeth. I came in at a good time. Any longer wait and it would be a different story.

Very cold here. Yesterday's high was 43 ! Yep that is 43 in May. today the sun popped out for a second or two and our high is 50, but the wind is straight out of the north. I have the furnace running. My knee went out of whack again and I get the pleasure of seeing the orthopedic dr again. He had better do something this time! last time he said to just call my Dr and geta cortisone shot if it happened again. this is his second chance to to treat me. I fhe doesn't do better I'm off to see another orthopedic dr.

It's been pretty chilly here too. It's been the lower 50's here for the last few days. We were 32.4 last night, good thing I've been remembering to bring in my seedlings.

Oh happy day for me!

I got all the songs from my iPod into the new computer, downloaded iTunes and got them in there and they work!

Also, I was able to burn music off my old iTunes on the old, old computer upstairs. The mice (tried 3) still wouldn't work right, so I got the idea of running the mouse across a memory foam pillow. It worked well enough. I still have a couple of playlists left to burn, then I have to transfer them into the new computer. I don't think that old computer has much life left in it. I need to remember to deauthorize iTunes on it, which means I'll have to carry it down and plug it into the internet. You're allowed to use it on 5 computers and that's it. If one dies on you, then it's only 4, though I just found a site with a link about what to do in case of total computer failure, but I think I'll be fine with 4.

I'm so happy I've been able to save most of my tunes...still have to recheck e-music and the internet archive. I'm sure I've still lost a few though, but it can't be helped.

I haven't touched the Tudor in a week, but my In-law's visit has been good so far. I'll be in Fort Myers, FL on Saturday and we're all driving to Houston on Tuesday.

My boss thinks I should brand my houses and art with my own name. I'm just about ready to take the leap and start a website to advertise my houses and artwork, but I have to choose a domain name, possibly using my real name. Any suggestions?