What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

He definitely sounds like a winner to me, Grazhe.

Muriel, I hope you're keeping an eye on those blood sugars; don't want you bottoming out if you're fighting an infection.

Hope you feel better soon Muriel!

I went to the farmer`s market on Tuesday. First time this season. I bought some fingerling potatoes, green beans, leafy lettuce, radishes, some sweet snap peas, some peaches and a six pack of snicker doodles.

I love the F.M. I go there every single Friday morning come hail or high water.

Nope, not better enough! Got worse again overnight, so another day at home. I easily slept 13 hours last night, ie when I woke up I could go straight back to sleep again without difficulty. Sniffles and blocked sinuses are here and occasional coughs. Hopefully rest today will make me fine tomorrow.

Had a look at Holly's reunion pictures, makes me want to see what the people I went to school with are doing. My schools were quite small - year size when I finished high school was 12 :) - so we got to know each other quite well, but moving around enables losing touch. Facebook has helped find some, especially those that left the school before the final year.

So no fun having an infection so hoping another day's rest will do the trick so that you are feeling so much better in the morning Muriel!!!

Hugs

Muriel, I sent you a PM. I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures.

I need to find my reunion booklet with everyone's names & emails, and start getting in touch with the folks I promised to let know when we got home.

Doing a tired yet happy dance whilst looking around at the mess surrounding me here at the new place... We have emtpied out the old house now, left the key to a cleaning crew that will come in over the weekend, then come Wednesday we'll meet up with the new owners, settle the deal and we'll be living in only one place again. Whohoooooo....

But admittingly, while looking around me, sheesh it will take some organizing to be able to move around in here again...

HUGS

Well you're getting a mini-housewarming something from me...

We're going to help one of our friends celebrate his birthday, and his girlfriend suggested a tacky gag gift (his specialty!). I repaired a little resin patio with a fence around it with three evenly spaced springs with birds sitting on top (one of the birds had been missing when I got it, but it was easily replaced) and I glued in two sheep from a bedding bagful of small toys DH found in a thrift store that included a lot of farm animals. Anyway, I was unable to find him a birthday card that said "Hoppy Birdies Two Ewes, so I made him one!

:happydance: Excellent Holly! lol

Gotta work tomorrow, really wouldn't mind a day off though!

The lights work in the village hall, yay, and so I'm now working on the outside so I can put the roof on soon.

Getting ready to have a yard sale tomorrow. It is way to hot to have one but we have too much stuff we do not use. I have priced almost everything 1.00 and less. I have beautiful cross stitch baby quilts still unopened that my mom paid 60 dollars for but she never got around to them before she passed and I only do counted cross stitch so I got them for $5 bucks and if someone offers me less they can have it. Pocketbooks, books, kitchen stuff, how do we accumulate so much stuff!!!!!!!!!

What doesn't sell is going into the trailer and we are heading up to Goodwill.

The hoppy birdies with two ewes was well received! and the restaurant (Mexican) had a most wonderful grilled chicken salad plate. One of our friends who wasn't able to attend was leading a paddle on the Sopchoppy River yesterday and we were told just to show up at the meeting place if we wanted to go along. There's nothing quite so much fun as going paddling on an unfamiliar water with friends! We did a section of this river mini years ago, doing a cleanup of trash, and I remembered crawling under the bridge embanment on my hands & knees, pushing the big red tandem kayak we had at the time!

We put in at a different bridge, it turned out to be ten miles above the one we had put in at before, and over the years the conditions at the take-out had changed, a little. The Sopchoppy is a narrow, twisty river with very steep sand banks that crumble easily, and is full of cypress trees & knees that like kayaks! There was a nice flow of water, the current was running a little faster than 2 mph, so required a lot of paddling to steer and try to stay off of the cypress knees & knobs. Because of the cypresses, it was a more magical than usual paddle. If you've seen the movie "Avatar" (the one James Cameron directed), imagine mile after mile of Home Trees. Part of the first five miles the Florida Scenic Trail follows the west side of the river bank, and in the early spring it's covered in wild Florida azaleas and smells like Heaven! We lost two of our group at the next bridge, at the five-mile place, as they had plans for last evening. The other four of us continued on to the next bridge, five miles further down. The river slows down slightly when it widens out, but that was only in one spot. There were a few nice sandbanks to pull up on and we stopped at one for lunch before the first bridge.

When we got to our takeout it was quite different from our launch several years before. It was still straight up, but no longer had to crawl under the bridge to reach the water; there were places where boats have been dragged up & down the banks on either side. The water being up had covered the sandbar that we had used before, but it made the cypress knees usable as places to wedge the boats so we could steady them while getting out, without rolling them over and ending up in the water (like I did where we launched!).

DH & I stopped off at our favorite pub on the way home for a light post-paddle supper of hot sandwiches & chips.

I spent most of the day cleaning the house and the yard. I am determined to get everything in shape before going back to work when school starts. But the heat and humidity here makes it hard right now! However, 2 bedrooms are finished, living room,the kitchen, the yard. I bought new wallpaper for the other bathroom but have to wait until DH gets in the mood to finish painting before I can hang it.

Now to go through all the junk in the garage and start pricing stuff for the garage sale next Saturday.

We're home from California and will stay here until near the end of August, when we'll head eastward to Ohio to see my granddaughter (age 7) in her first professional musical appearance in the children's chorus of The Mikado and also the first day of soccer season, at which she is also nearly a pro (her third year in the league!). Need to get to work on the quilt shop and get it finished up while also riding herd on the yard, which was busy growing weeds while we were gone.

Chris is being very good tidying and cleaning, while I'm busy trying to get this village hall done so I can tidy the sitting room! Getting there with the building and decorating, still behind with accessories, but think I can do that a lot less messily :thumb:

Thank you Muriel, I just wondered where that extra spur of energy came from :D well needed!!!! And Holly :o good excuse to get acquainted with the mailman over here :thumb: ... And as soon as I have "landed" a little better, I have a few things myself to send out to people as it seems, it is funny what you find when you dig around the stuff?!?

HUGS

We are doing Mama's birthday today. So I need to make a cake, go get a present and a balloon, and make her a bed and bedding for her Buttercup. I also need to go to the Flea Market and buy my fruits and veggies for the week, and redo a presentation I need for work tomorrow morning because the one I did doesn't work in the program I used, so I need to use an older version of the program. I also would like to do some more shingling on the Fairfield. I have 3 hours before we leave for Mama's, so I better get busy! And I guess I'll take my laptop with me to do my work stuff.

We have met up with the new owners of our old place, handed over the keys gone through all the "techie" stuff like banking and the real estate agent's office etc etc so now we only have ONE place to deal with, yay, wohoooo and a lot more like that. But sheeesh, both hubby and I feel perhaps not exhausted per say but really worn out and tired and that is after doing nothing really... So today will be one of those days we'll just fiddle around here at home :thumb: and do whatever (or nothing...) that strikes our fancy, MIL will take care of dinner tonight so we can be lazy all day if we want to....

Hugs

Well I am starting a new house. The Victorian Cottage Jr. I am going to make it a Beach House. The weather here in NC is in the 100 now and I will stay in and do minis.

Val

I finished up a bunch of mini crocheted afghans in 1:24 and frogging the elephant rug & found that stitching that fine linen is bothersome just now, so started a bit of RL knitting downstairs. Upstairs I'm finishing up a couple of 1:24 kits for nursery furniture for the Fairfields.

Poor Chris is fed up with the messy sitting room - it really is a tip, better get on with shingling and get this done!!

Yay Anna, congratulations and enjoy the rest of your day off! (Well actually your day is probably pretty much done now, so hope it and dinner were excellent! :p )

Reached my first 30.8 pound loss with Weight Watchers today. Only 69.2 more to go!!!! It seems much easier since they have the meetings at work and my co-worker and I do it together. Now if I could just start exercising. We have been on WW since the middle of February so I am averaging 1.4 pounds per week which is good. I figure maybe this time next year I will be at the weight I was before my son was born 25 years ago. Yippee!!!

Congratulations Sharon!

Natalie and I did something fun this week. There were torrential downpours on Tuesday. They were on and off most of the day. One time that they started, we both went outside and sat on the front steps. We had what you would call a hippie shower but with our clothes on..LOL

It felt so good. I have not done something like that in a long time. If you ever get the chance to just stop and stand there (not in a thunderstorm) when you have a heavy downpour..go for it.