What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Sunny here, but no wind blowing for a change! I woke up at 3:30, so I started a pork roast with onions and apple jelly, a big pot of black eyed peas for luck, and started laundry. Worked on Franklin a little bit, but trying to keep the mess in the kitchen under control. Everyone is coming over here to eat after the game. So I have the cabbage chopped (prosperity), and the corn bread fixings ready, as soon as they call and say the game is over. Then I believe I'll be through for today!. I did all that, Larry can clean up after!

Still cleaning! The bedroom is done and yielded a good sized pile of clothing with mini making potential. Now I am attempting to clean my workroom. Why are workrooms so hard to clean? Everytime I start, I get distracted by some project in the works, or I run out and try to clean another part of the house.

sigh.

On a good note, the bathroom is getting cleaned, and I started painting the diningroom set for the Arthur.

No cleaning here! I scrubbed this house top to bottom last Sunday-baseboards and cabinets scrubbed, everything dusted or washed, put up, and beautified before the kids came down. After they left, I put up all the legos, crayons, kid movies, sleeping bags and air beds. I'm doing all the linens that need washed now...but no cleaning today!

I hope the new year isn't as distracted as new year's day is turning out to be. Started out to strip the bed and was distracted by the phone, then had to check out the Rose Bowl parade to look for a friend's son in the Marine band (watched on two stations, missed him both times because I was distracted by something else), then took down the little Christmas tree and stowed it and the wreaths in the closet. Swept the live oak leaves off the sidewalk and gallery. Got some chicken out of the freezer to thaw. Bed is still waiting to be stripped and remade while I mess around here. (Got here after looking up date of Sugar Bowl for Lloyd.) The instructions for the Beacon Hill are whispering my name from the work table. Distractable? Moi? :clap:

I was merrily masking the Pierce for priming and ran into the lefthand wall which, as you know, Mildred wants a double doorway on the first and second floors and a window on the third, so I got distracted reading the instruction book that came with my Dremel Trio.

While I was on a roll, cooking New Year's dinner, I made another batch of the ginger shortbread cookies for DH.

Started putting the Buttercup shell together which I will be donating to my rescue group for a fund raiser later this year. I am doing considerable bashing on it and it will be interesting to see how it turns out. It will be a sort of wizard's house and tower.

Well the cat just woke up and that put a stop to my activities. She's old and cranky, and when she wakes up from her nap she expects to be fed then cuddled... until her next nap. So we are spending quality time together in front of the computer... however, the sound of the keyboard annoys her so I will stop here.

Apparently my keyboard is too noisy for her tastes! She's on her second nap, so I've been able to mini a little. I can't believe my vacation is almost over. I don't wanna go back just yet. I wanna stay home and play with my toys.

Thanks Muriel!!

Last night I sat out in my new mini room and watched Julie and Julia while making mini paintings. I jumped on board with a mini challenge with my friend Ann, to create something new and list it on Etsy everyday for the month of January. I just posted that, so I feel very accomplished. I stopped doing all that long enough to share a new year kiss with James at midnight and then went straight back into my work/enjoyment. :p

Today, my best friend came up from Ft. Lauderdale and I got to meet her boyfriend. He is pretty cool and we got along swimmingly, plus he was totally awesome to my kids. So fun. I haven't seen her in a little more than 2 years and it was nice to get to hang out with her. We have major plans for a duel of Disney knowledge next time I see them. Her boyfriend also finds it completely appalling that I have been here for 8 years and have never gone to Disney World. Good thing I will be correcting that with a honeymoon at the end of the year! :clap:

They are gone now and I am whooped. The kitchen needs to be cleaned up of dinner plates and such, but it can wait until tomorrow. We BBQ'd today... which is CRAZY because we just saw snowflakes the day after Christmas. Crazy weather.

Had 10 days at Disney for part of our honeymoon, though 'only' 7 or 8 of those were in parks. My advice is to schedule a few days afterwards for rest and recovery! We had a great time at the parks, but best bit of the honeymoon was the 4-5 days afterwards spent by Lake Michigan with no plans except whatever we fancied on the day.

I moved to Castleberry (just north of Orlando) with my parents when I was 4 or 5 and moved to Ocoee (just West of Orlando) 2 years later. Orlando was still about the size of Ocala (small) and Disney had only been here about 10 years. The sprawl started around that time and I agree with Holly, its ghastly. Cheaply made, overpriced tourist traps, a few underfunded museums and loads of traffic. My dad worked for Ricky Rat (aka: Mickey) for about 5 years, so we went to one of the parks at least once a month (51 times total) during the off season. Orlando does have Leu Gardens on the corner of Mills and Nebraska, and the Presidential mini museum in Clermont.

Lyssa,

If you're going to make a trip to Disney, September to November or the end of January to Late February are the best times if you don't want to roast or wait hours in line at each ride. Basically during the U.S. school year.

I've got 2 more days until I have to go back to work, and now I've started stressing about all the things I didn't get done that I wanted to over my break. :clap:

So wish me luck that my next 2 days are productive! I hate not having stuff to show for time off. And goodness knows I've got lots to do...

Got a call from the travel agency that the London tickets will be mailed to me, will be away next week Wed-Fri, hoping to find some time to scout for minis LOL As it is work related with evening dinners etc I am not sure how much time there actually will be but am keeping fingers crossed, and took a copy from the latest Dollshouse and Miniature Scenes shops and retailers pages to bring along :clap:

We'll probably have one of those weeks next week, ie when DH gets home from a trip to Stockholm I go away to London, go figure...

Hugs

Pity you couldn't bring him with you Anna! Though he may have been a little lonely while you're at all the meetings :clap:

Last day of Chris' holidays today. So of course he's busy doing the marking and planning he didn't do over the rest of the holidays :p It'd be lovely if for once he got them done before the last day so we could spend the last day doing fun stuff! Said I have a craving for proper italian pizza, so could we go out for supper. He's said yes, but we'll see if he gets enough work done in time.

Rather a grey and depressing day here today. Thought briefly about snowing, but not for long. Trying to think of something to do to cheer me up, but current book is boring and complicated, done plenty of cooking and baking recently so that doesn't excite me, not in the mood to mini cause it would be starting a new project and only have half a day... Think I'm just determined to feel sorry for myself! :p Roll on pizza!

Pretty day here, today. Not too cold, bright and sunny! This is our last day off, so Colten is here with me. I ought to be doing the last of my chores, but I'm not. Mini a bit, play with legos a bit. I've got to go to the bank and to Home Depot to pick up some more paint this afternoon. Then I'll have to do nails, pluck eyebrows, clean the paint off my elbows and behind my ears, and get ready for the routine to begin again! :clap:

Ugh. I am dealing with gastro problems..Perla the dog and Natalie the teenager. I asked her if they had shared a meal or something..LOL I find out that Nat`s friend has it (vomits, diarrhea, stomach ache, head ache) and that he told her that people in his school have it.

Perla is doing better. She is eating and drinking. Of course she gets the hershey`s after we just steam cleaned all the rugs and carpetting!

I am burping from brunch and I am on alert. I am feeling okay so hopefully I will not get it. Hands have been in water all day.

Thinking about the porch for the H.S.Arthur. I do not know if i want to do the diamond pattern again or not. That is what I am stalled on. I do not want to proceed until I finish that step.

Well, I started out the New Year with a bang - my computer went belly up! It's an old computer and it's been showing signs of age/illness and this weekend it just....died. So I'm back to using the library computers and in emergency the computer of a friend. And since my budget (what budget??) doesn't allow for me to buy a new one anytime soon, this is going to be a major inconvenience for a while. And just when I was getting totally spoiled by watching Netflix online and Hulu....

I'm thinking that when I do have at least some $$$ set aside for new computer, that perhaps I should consider something other than the whole desktop/printer etc. setup like I had before - perhaps a laptop, or maybe even a smart phone? I really don't know what's out there, but all I really want to be able to do is be online, for here and to check my eMail, check my PayPal account, keep an eye on whatever I have for sale in Etsy or at MOA, that sort of thing. Uploading images and adding things to my Etsy shop or MOA I can do on the library computer(s), and they have beautiful printers that can be used for pennies per copy, so I really don't need to do any of that at home.

Anyone have any thoughts and/or experience with the minimum a person would need to be able to do what I want? Any thoughts would be appreciated! :clap:

What about one of those iPads? They even sell keyboards for them now (though you don't need one to use the Pad). They're pretty nifty little gadgets.

(see if someone can check the power supply on your old computer, that maybe all that it needs to get up and running again.)

If it were just me here, I think I would get an iPad. The cheapest model is $499 at our local Apple store. It is like a really big iPhone but it cannot make calls.

Today was my last day of break, I go back to work tomorrow. I didn't get any mini-ing done today. :)

But, Brennen got a new bedroom set for Christmas, that still hasn't made it into his room. So I worked in his room a little today, and got his dresser switched out. Doesn't sound like a lot to show for over 2 hours of work!

And I got to be right today. That's not always a good thing though.

A couple of days ago, my daughter and I got into a huge fight about her friends. I know she's old (19) now, and can do what she wants, and pick her friends, and all that, and I try to stay out of it. But the other night they all made me really mad, and I started telling her how awful and worthless they were, and would ruin her life. I know, bad mom, but did I mention I was mad? (And that I had to literally PUSH one of them out of my house?) Anyhow, we haven't talked about it since, just left it alone. Today she told me I was right about her friends. :groucho: Apparently 2 of them (2 that I actually liked too!) got arrested for shoplifting last night. So now she's not talking to 4 of her friends. I'm proud of her, but I feel really bad for her too. She was really sad tonight. She leaves in a couple of days though to go back to school, so she'll be away from them for a while again.

Back to work in the morning! And first thing I have to move 11 computers and their tables to opposite ends of the classroom. And figure out how to plug them all up to 2 power outlets, and 1 network jack! WooHoo!!

Tracy, sorry for the kid troubles. As a mom, I understand and as a daughter, I also understand. She may be upset about it now, but she will thank you for it later. :)

Today I went to a playgroup, listed a mini (my challenge says I have to), did some chores, FREAKED out when the mail came... MY GOWN IS HERE!!!! My friend had one that was totally my style (needs some altering, but what gown doesn't) and she sent it to me! Free wedding dress?!?!?! Yes please!!!! She also sent me 6 large christmasy table clothes for the wedding and a bunch of books. I obviously had to try it on, so it was a mad dash to my friend Kim's house (new friend, but feels like I have known her for ages) for her to help me get into it. :groucho: I love it! Perfectly what I was looking for. She knows me so well (friend that sent it, friend from high school).

The night was rounded out with a few errands and then a shopping trip with Kim. I am feeling pretty good. Now, off to mini a bit. :popcorn:

Friday I will make a trip to Michael's to get polymer clay and such.,.. depending on how much is left over from my trip to Victoria's Secret. Yay Semi-annual sale!

Mmmmm, will be back at work tomorrow after the Christmas Holidays. Sort of OK with that, will miss the school and principal tasks when I go back to the "teaching" on 80% (still have 20% with the computer support/teaching teachers along with four others for the whole city but that is another story) then we have started the planning more closely of the trip to London Wed-Fri, DH will give me a ride to town in say three o'dark o'clock or something like that as we are five to share a car down to Copenhagen, eeeek... Though it means we will be in England about half past eight so that is OK U suppose, but it iwll be a looooong day as there is an evening social thing to attend as well. Will bring the lil' puter along with me, but not sure how much I will be on there, but it can come in handy to look up adresses :) ....

Hugs

Sleeping. I got a nasty stomach bug last night. I'm already on antibiotics for a respiratory infection, but I can't keep the pills down. Seems like I haven't been able to catch a break during the past few weeks.

I did get some of the Tudor's attic interior panels installed yesterday and I'll get the room at least partially complete by the end of the week if I can get over this bug.