What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Beverly, what a wonderful experience, warts and all! :D Look forward to photos of the tower ... sounds awesome!

Sorry to hear Jeremy's stickbuilt houses suffered. Hope the repair doesn't give him too many headaches.

We grabbed DS#3, aka The Kid, and dragged him with us to the Jewish food & cultural festival at the local synagogue in Tallahassee yesterday, had wonderful Kosher corned beef sandwiches and enjoyed the music & vendors, found a gorgeous set of paintings on silk of Lord Krishna and the dairymaids, and the seller was so startled that we knew about it that he sold us one for an obsenely low price!

Today I started hauling food out to the camper. This trip DH is driving the truck pulling the camper and I'm driving my little PT Cruiser, and we're using the car to shuttle ourselves to & from the different hiking venues, thanks to the rising price of gasoline.

I decided I was going to finish the beach House last Sunday - not yesterday, but the Sunday before that. All I have to do is make one more rollup shade and the appliance cabinet, with a sink and little built in fridge.

I'm not done yet. - how pathetic is that?

Did lots of cooking yesterday to put in the freezer for when baby arrives and my feet weren't impressed by the evening - rather swolen :p I did put feet up in between though!

So today I'm keeping feet as high as possible and see if it makes a difference. Just gotta find stuff to do! Chris has given me the boring task of rearranging our external hard drive to remove duplicate files - seems like rather a hassle! :p But something to do I guess. Along with matching up our socks from the laundry load.

I made a quilt and a layette for each kid in turn those last couople of weeks with the feet up. Enjoy the rest & quiet now and sleep while you can.

We're running errands today, then spend tomorrow finishing loading the camper, truck & car.

Congratulations! What a cute little nose :) (I have a soft spot for cute noses!)

Oh yes, forgot I still have a blanket to knit! Finding it a bit tedious (I tend to get bored of knitting if an item takes too long :p ) but it is a good thing to be doing with my feet up!

Decided to go out for supper tonight so had to get properly dressed and put on shoes...my shoes felt too small, where as usually they're nice and loose. 4 more sleeps, not long now! :D

Trying to get the yard under control for large garbage pickup, cleaning indoors to make room for my niece Larissa, who will be staying with me the summer while she does an internship at a school chum's studio, working on the Fling and...

I lost 3.6 pounds this week!

I had planned to work on the Fling on Saturday, but ended up spending 3 1/2 hours buy a car. I have never in my life had a new car, but I wanted to get a hybrid, so that necessitated a new car as there are no used ones available. I love my new car - it's a Ford Fusion hybrid.

Sunday was busy with a performance about an hour and a half from here. All the building I got accomplished was finishing grouting the stonework on the Aster, and working on the doors.

My best friend had surgery today for endometrial uterine cancer, so I spent the late afternoon and into the evening up at the hospital. It was supposed to be stage three, but I'm afraid it may be stage 3 instead, they won't get the lab results on the biopsy until Friday. I'm not sure what day they'll start her on chemo and I'm not sure if they're going to do radiation too.

This is tough, because my friend is only one year younger than my mother when she had her first cancer surgery at the same hospital. In my friend's favor, I did not get the impression of looking at the dead when I first saw her, unlike the reaction to seeing my Mom in post op. I'm just not ready to give up my buddy and partner in crime.

Lynette, I am sorry to hear about your friend's cancer. Keep up the hope and healthy expectations for her. One of my dearest friends was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last year after having had recovered from breast cancer. The amazing thing is that after some very tough rounds of chemo, she is now cancer free. Treatments for cancer are getting more targeted and more effective all of the time; what used to be considered fatal is now more treatable.

I hope her surgery and treatments work well for her, but I know she is in for some tough times. I am glad you are there for her.

Chris, double cancer woes seem unfathomable! I'm glad to hear your friend is cancer free. I'm doing everything I can to see that she comes through this all right. My weight loss and nutrition revolution have all ready started to rub off, and I'm enlisting her mother (who does the cooking) to see that the cancer-causing foods and household products are being replaced with cancer fighting, vitamin packed items. As soon as the doctor gives her the word that she can start trying to resume activity I'm getting her in the pool for some hydrotherapy and mild water aerobics. She came home from the hospital today and I'll stop by and visit her at home tomorrow and show her a couple of bed exercises she can do (ones my sister in law was given after her c-section, so I know these are good for bedridden abdominal post op patients). I've also notified a mutual friend who is a massage therapist and can help with pain management and possibly side effects from chemo/radiation. I did tell my friend that she's off the hook for hiking, at least for some time. All of this makes me think that if I did go back to school, perhaps I would become a physical therapist.

We've had a busy weekend and its not going to let up until after 4th of July!

Last Friday, as a suprise for my husband, my son and I skipped school and work and headed out to the local Harley Dealer to get a Sportster 1200 Low for my husband. He's always wanted one (he had one several years ago) and very much wanted to participate in a local Memorial Day ride. He also needed another hobby/interest now that he's retired. We snuck it home and then got my husband out of the house with some scam about my son's car breaking down (tee hee). As soon as we saw him leave, we rode into the neighborhood and backed the bike up into the garage. My son called him back saying "never mind" and as my husband drove into the driveway, we started opening the door while "Born to be Wild" blared in the background and my son revved the engine. Needless to say, he was blown away and can't wait to take his class this weekend so he can safely get on the road!

This Thursday, my son is moving back home (I suppose there will come a time when I dread that but NOT YET). He moved out on his own for 6 months to prove he could do it. He (and we) was so proud of himself for being able to maintain his own place and pay all his bills on time even though he worked 30 hours a week and carried a full college load. Now he wants to come home and live off of Mom's home cooking (and free laundry service) so he can work full time over the summer and save some money so he doesn't have to work so hard next semester and carry a heavier load at school.

Next weekend, we leave for Virginia for a multi-purpose trip. Both of my sisters' families have 5 members each and out of that 10, 7 of them have birthdays from mid-April to late May. On top of that, my oldest niece is being Confirmed on May 1st. So, birthday gifts for both sisters (they're twins), 1 brother-in-law, 2 nieces (1 from each family), and 2 nephews (1 from each family) plus a confirmation gift for 1 of the other nieces. Since the remaining niece is going to end up being "odd man out", I bought her a trinket from a girly store that she'll love and will give it to her "under the table" as just an Auntie Jennifer gift.

Once we return from Virginia, my husband will be walking in the Susan G. Komen 5K walk on May 7th. He did the 3-Day walk last October - in honor of my Mother (who didn't survive) and my sister (who did) - and it changed his life. The company I work for is going as a team on May 7th and he wants to join to see if he can either convince some of them to walk in October or at least get committments from them to donate towards his $3000 goal.

Those same sisters, nieces and nephews (no brother-in-laws) are all coming to visit the last weekend in June so before their arrival, we're doing a huge cosmetic renovation to our house (its too big to call Spring Cleaning) and preparing for a massive yard sale. After sorting through all my Mom's things (the best way to describe her house is "high end hoarding" - there was no trash or piles and piles of stuff anywhere, but she just couldn't resist a "pretty" and there was soooooo much to go through), I came back to my house and looked at it with fresh eyes. TOO MUCH STUFF. I realized that like she, I was buying things to decorate my house just to take up space rather than buying things I really loved. So, we're taking everything off the walls and out of the cabinets, giving everything fresh coats of neutral colored paint (Home Depot Rafia Cream, Gobi & Harvest Brown), cleaning the cobwebs, shampooing carpets, freshening the curtains, replacing blinds, rearranging furniture, and finally, only putting back only 10% of the wall art & knick-knacks. I can't wait for the transformation! Oh, and did I mention going through 25 Rubbermaid bins of Christmas decorations? I'm cutting them down by half. If it doesn't fit into 12 bins, then it has to go (okay, not counting 3 wreaths and 4 trees). Ditto with 6 bins of Halloween/Thanksgiving/Fall decorations.

Whew!

HOLY MOLY Jennifer...that is quite a plan!!! :)

We haven't been doing much around here...my dh had an awful case of Tendinitis in his hand...he had to have a steriod shot and wear a cast for 2 weeks...and now it's better than ever!!!

We have a bunch of birthday parties and such lately, and then we are going through our house and updating it... I'm feeling the need to update...the last time we "decorated" our house was 5 years ago...so I'm looking forward to painting some rooms in the house... :) This summer we hope to re-do our kitchen cabinets, just paint them and re-do the counters... but those are our biggest plans... :)

I am exhausted!

The day started leaving at 7:45 am for Lawson's WAVE performance in a town 45 minutes away. (went great BTW!) It just so happens my grandparents' house is literally 2 minutes away from the church where the performance was. My grandfather passed away 2 weeks ago, so now the house is completely empty (we lost Nanny 6 years ago). So I went and checked on the house, and the cemetery. Then met my best friend who happens to also live there at Fresh Market, and me and her and Lawson had a great time looking around. On the way home stopped in the next town for another errand, then finally made it home at 3pm! Whew!

Rested for a little while, then when my husband came home, more errands. Another hour later and my daughter who is home for the weekend from college actually wanted to go shopping with me (I gave her the choice of shopping or money). Four stores, dinner, and 2 1/2 hours later, we're home. I walk in at 10pm, and my youngest meets me at the door with a big smile. Hi Mommy, so do you think we can color some eggs tonight?? :) :sigh:

So here I am boiling eggs now. And my husband gave me a hard time today for buying eggs, said no one would want to do them. And that's why they make Mommies.

I still have to fill Easter eggs (about 100), fill Easter baskets, then hide eggs. After our egg coloring fun. I better find me some caffeine. blink.gif

Happy Easter! :)

Today we are having a late supper so I can take my time with cooking today. No rushing at 8am to shove the ham in the oven. I am going to plant some flowers in pots on the front porch also. Sounds like a nice lazy Easter Sunday plan.

took Easter lunch to my mom and finished installing the new washer for her. She and I talked further about her moving to an assisted living spot near us. She is 93. I think she is ready, but afraid she won't like it. It is a nice friendly place where the residents seem engaged in activities and very well cared for. We've visited there twice with her and had good vibes about the quality and care. Her memory and hearing continue to fail, so it would be a relief to know she is in a spot where she can be around folks, 3 meals a day, have options for activities, and her blood pressure med given on schedule.

Spent the last few hours painting the porch posts of the Brimbles Public Library. I do love this laser cut kit!

This baby thing is time consuming! :D But I'm utterly enjoying it! Really is sleeping, feeding her, preparing and feeding me/Chris, and cuddling/soothing/watching Natasha sleep, clearing up from meals, and that's about it! Who needs clean laundry or a tidy flat anyway :p

She doesn't like lying on her back in her moses basket - think it makes any trapped wind worse, but slightly on her side while being watched is fine.

Saturday had Chris' parents and brother to visit, Sunday my Mummy, Sister and Niece. Both brought food along and made and cleared up after meals. Those are the visitors I like best! Got Easter roast leftovers for today too. We had a fun easter egg hunt with my Niece yesterday. I've always had a duck-shaped basket hidden for me, and was going to pass that on to Natasha this year. But my sister had found a gorgeous swan basket on her last travels as a surprise so Natasha had that this year, which Daddy helped her hunt.

She does cry regularly when she's got trapped wind, or when we try and burp her, but otherwise is lovely and peaceful.

Jennifer, that sounds like lots of work, but great when it'll be done, fantastic! We both like our things too and find it difficult to part with them. But moving regularly does help in this respect!

This week is full with vet and human doctor visits. I have my annual this afternoon and vets tomorrow (for my little girl) and Thursday for stitch removal on Brady. He has settled into a rather strict regime of either confined in a pen at the end of the kitchen hall or on a leash for jaunts out side for him when he does his business. Once the vet has removed the stitches we can take him out of his e-collar and he can have supervised run of the house but no cuddles on the furniture and no up and down of stairs. No leaping into or out of the car and 70 pounds is a lot of dog to lift. Sigh, it is going to be a long three months. With all the rain and wind we have had over the past week, there has been a lot of muddy paw prints left on the floor and rugs. Between wiping feet, vacuuming and swipes of the mop, does not leave a lot of time for minis. Also car is in the repair shop for a muffler replacement. I hate to think what that is going to cost. I am so glad April is almost over. Here is hoping May is a much easier month for us.

She does cry regularly when she's got trapped wind, or when we try and burp her, but otherwise is lovely and peaceful.

Muriel. Laying the baby on a pillow on your lap or letting her sit up, leaning against your arm also work. With my 3, when they were little, one might prefer one way, or another.

Latest picture of my youngest granddaughter. I sent her mommy some clothes last week. I loved the little outfit that said "I'm Hungry!" - I hear she always is.

IMG00089.jpg

We got home yesterday from our two week trip & 9-day hike. In deference to the joint & muscle issues I only hiked parts of the first two days and skipped the road-walking third day altogether. A week ago Monday I did the half of the 14+ mile hike I hadn't finished before (because of chest-high floodwaters at the trailhead) and just before the end I took a nasty fall that had me off my right leg until the last day. Then we stayed a few extra days to ride bike/ trike and deal with some business in that part of the state. I just put the last of EIGHT loads of dirty clothes into the washing machine.