What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Went to Miniature Show in San Deigo. Surprising,only two people had 1/2" scale . (It has been a while since I had gone to a show.) Everyone seems to be crazy for 1/4" and 144" scales.But I

did get a book; Miniature Dolls' Houses in 1/24" Scale by Derek Rowbottom. Thank you Holly for mentioning this title. :bear:

• Like 1

Went to Miniature Show in San Deigo. Surprising,only two people had 1/2" scale . (It has been a while since I had gone to a show.) Everyone seems to be crazy for 1/4" and 144" scales.But I

did get a book; Miniature Dolls' Houses in 1/24" Scale by Derek Rowbottom. Thank you Holly for mentioning this title. :bear:

That is a little discouraging that so few people had the 1/2 scale.....especially since I just figured out that I love that scale!

• Like 2

I love 1/4 and 1/2. Both are so much smaller than 1". What I LOVE about 1" scale is availability and it's easy. 1/2" is that the kits are fun to make for the inside and if you see such things, it is a bit more magical. Then 1/4"....it's the best for giant projects because it makes them feasible. Castles, 20 room inns, towns..........there is always room for a little more 1/4 scale :) and yes, it is the most magical and enchanting of all to me. Anything smaller, not enough detail. I stop at 1/4 scale. Today? I worked on my plans for my 1/4 scale 2012 spring fling :) I'm trying to plan a perfect little one room cottage :)

Yesterday we hiked the Tarkiln State Preserve; depending on which sign you read the loop is either 6.5 or 7.2 miles, but by the little mile markers it's only about 6 miles from and too the parking lot. One of the few times we didn't take littler bags, and I'm sorry to say we should have! The weather was gorgeous, with the temps going up to 60 about the time we got to the Perdido Bay, so we were able to do the rest of the hike in shirtsleeves. Of course the arthritis in my right hip totally ignored the two naproxen sodium tabs I took, but my leg didn't totally quit until half a mile from the end. I did look sort of funny dragging into the parking lot... Afterwards we stopped for lunch at our favorite fish house, because they have the best fresh mullet!

• Like 1

Quiet weekend for us. The guys went out to a friends place to help clean out the barns. The cleaned out the hog barn, YUCK!!!!! While they were gone I worked on the Pierce/Annabelle, and made a meatloaf for dinner.

Today we are relaxing, we visited a friend this morning.other than that well make dinner and maybe watch a little of the super bowl.

I have a lot of dusting to do in the morning because I sanded the Pierce. I have a little dust bag on the sander but it don't get all the dust.

OMG, I got selected to interview for both jobs I applied for!! Ack! I am terrified. It's over a week away, so thank goodness I have some time to prepare.

Congratulations! Hope you get the job that you most want. Nice to have a choice with the two interviews.

Congratulations! Hope you get the job that you most want. Nice to have a choice with the two interviews.

Thanks! :) And lucky for me I will only have 1 interview. They are both within my department, with my current bosses interviewing me, so they decided to combine them. One of them I am "better qualified" for (on paper), but the other I think I would do better at. But I just so want a change... One job is for 2 positions, so I actually have 3 chances. I need to see if I can find out how many other people there are. I know of one so far, would love for me and her to get the 2 like ones.

• Like 1

I found a nice simple recipe for baked chicken breasts and tried it out a few weeks ago.

It was good. These days DH complains whenever I make chicken recipes, but he said he liked it.

The thing is, I keep losing the recipe. I had it printed out at least twice, finally found it the other night, made sure I had all the ingredients, lost the recipe again, found it again yesterday, set the paper aside, and lost it again.

Looked through 2 computers and a hard drive, panic welling up, heart racing, how could I have lost it again? Rooted through the recycling bin, hoped it wasn't in the trash out in the garage, couldn't find it, looked online for it, went through all my computer files again ---and found it!!

I dropped everything and made sure it was in my cookbook file under chicken, and printed a copy and put it in my cookbook binder.

I shall not lose it again!!!!

This is the recipe, from somewhere in Ohio.

BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c white cooking wine or chicken broth
4 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
1 c stuffing mix
1/4 c butter, melted
Place chicken in a greased baking pan. Place 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Mix soup & wine. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle stuffing mix over top of soup & chicken. Pour melted butter over all. Cover & bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve over mashed potatoes.

Grazhina, that sounds yummy! Of course, I have everything except wine so it'll have to wait until the snow is over. I woke up with a headache this morning, not fun. I'm pretty sure it's from the storm since it's starting to ease somewhat now that the front is moving through. Just another weird quirk I have :lol: I spent the morning and early afternoon putting together yet another computer desk. Our old one has developed a rather nasty ripple in the back panel (surprising because it's the first piece from this company that I've ever had an issue with) plus the keyboard shelf is completely broken so it's gotta go. I'll probably be able to salvage some of it if I can get my dad to do an "alteration".....with a circular saw :bigwink:

Grazhe, I took chicken leg quarters out this AM for supper. I fix mine with cream of mushroom soup and chives, nothing fancy.

I think the former residents of our house used to store cement blocks in the pantry, or maybe iron re-bar. All the wire shelves are bowed so I have to be very careful to center bottles and jars over at least two of the wires to get them to stay upright. While I was getting something out for breakfast this AM I heard a "thump" followed by "glug, glug, drip drip drip..." It took an hour to unload that side of the pantry and clean up all the spilled olive oil, and the cruet is now going to live out on the counter until it's empty again; and I'm in the market for several more of the little plastic milk crates. I spent the rest of the day, between wash loads, straightening the pantry. The former residents stripped the wire shelving units out of all the bedroom closets, I was sort of surprised to see they'd left the pantry alone; now I know why!

Grazhe, I took chicken leg quarters out this AM for supper. I fix mine with cream of mushroom soup and chives, nothing fancy.

I think the former residents of our house used to store cement blocks in the pantry, or maybe iron re-bar. All the wire shelves are bowed so I have to be very careful to center bottles and jars over at least two of the wires to get them to stay upright. While I was getting something out for breakfast this AM I heard a "thump" followed by "glug, glug, drip drip drip..." It took an hour to unload that side of the pantry and clean up all the spilled olive oil, and the cruet is now going to live out on the counter until it's empty again; and I'm in the market for several more of the little plastic milk crates. I spent the rest of the day, between wash loads, straightening the pantry. The former residents stripped the wire shelving units out of all the bedroom closets, I was sort of surprised to see they'd left the pantry alone; now I know why!

Uh! Cleaning up oil is no fun!

I'm waiting for a day when I am not at work and it is not raining. That hasn't happened in 2 weeks at least! Need it to be dry so I can spray paint my Fairfield outside. It is sitting right in front of me in dry fit just waiting very impatiently with me!

My Granny in America passed away last Friday. My Mummy, Sister and Niece were on their way to say bye bye to her. She inspired my dollhouse building. When we were little we used to visit every 2-3 years, and one of her neighbours across the street used to have a room of dollhouses that she opened up to visitors. One birthday I was given my mums old dollhouse (a one story big thing where the roof lifted off) but it was too big to ship back to the UK. So instead, on the way to the airport, we stopped and they bought us a kit to take home. It was the Artply Franklin, which really reminded us of Granny's house with a wrap around porch and lovely gingerbread trim. We painted it to match her house. When Granny visited us a few years later she took on the task of doing all the shingles too, one by one, bless her. My original house was unfortunately given away during one of our many moves, but happily I was able to get anther kit a few years ago, and (although currently in storage in our hobby room) am making it into even more of a copy of her house with all the little quirks and additions that I remember. Her big family is spread out all over the US with us in the UK too, so thoughtfully they have decided that her Memorial Service will be in June. Now we are trying to rearrange holidays and save every penny to make it over for that. A daunting task, but hopefully one we will achieve.

Oh, Muriel, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's especially difficult when you're separated by so many miles. What wonderful memories you have, and how great is it that you'll be able to memorialize her with a miniature of her house. I do hope you're able to come over in June. Many hugs ... :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss Muriel. What part of the U.S. was your grandmother residing in?

My grandmother on my Dad's side of the family is the last surviving grandparent, but she has terminal stomach cancer. I'm hoping to pay her a visit (she lives in central Indiana) on the way to Chicago in two months.

I just filed my income taxes yesterday and hope to get the refund by this weekend or early next week at the latest. We're going to spend some of it on the Chicago show and to fly my FIL back to the U.S. in October. We're also considering the possibility of moving from our 3 bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom with den. They're the same size, only the den is located diagonally across the living room from the master bedroom suite and has double doors, so I will be able to move the Tudor house into the workshop and keep it out of the reach of the kids.

I will be able to move the Tudor house into the workshop and keep it out of the reach of the kids.

Dream on, Dad. I don't believe there's any barrier your tribe can't crack. :LOL:

• Like 1