What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I am putting vcr tapes on dvd and I thought it was pretty funny to run across the Martha Stewart episode with Betsy L and Tracy's house. It was a nice tutorial on how to paint a cooked turkey.

Deana, Marlene was in the audience that day (sitting next to Lisa from Greenleaf) because she's the one who set up the whole thing. If not for her, it never would have happened and every person in the audience wouldn't have gone home with a free Storybook Cottage kit (compliments of Dean and Lisa of course). Marlene was a miniature broker for lack of a better term. She created CDHM as a meeting place for both artisans and collectors so we could come together. She provided artisans with a gallery and shop and gave collectors the confidence to place custom orders with us based on her personal recommendation. She was also the one who was out there talking to paper magazine editors, getting us into every issue of every magazine on the planet if she could. Every month she'd release a list of CDHM members and which magazines they were in.........the list was pretty extensive. I think the first three years I was being published was all due to Marlene telling editors about my work. She barely charged us a pittance for all that she did too. It was obvious that she did it for the love of miniatures and because she believed in her artisans. She leaves behind a really big miniature legacy.

I've been dealing with sprinkler system issues over the past few days. <mumbling and snarling about incompetent repairmen> After taking pictures of water spraying all over the yard from the "repaired" sprinkler lines, the property manager decided to send a different company to do it right. Yay! They'll be here on Friday so until then, I'll be in the backyard with a hose, watering things that are thirsty in 90+ temps this week.

• Like 1

exciting news around here....

Miss Pixie who has terrible eyesight and has been scared to try and ride a bike is now a bike RIDER!!

they have moved so much that every tryke or bike has been left so they dont have lots of peddling experience...

put that with the vision/balance issues she was pretty petrified....so papaw took her riding on the tandem a few times...I found her a used goodwill bike

with promise to purchase her choice of bike when she learned...short enough so she could push with her feet and cruise...getting the feel of 2 wheels

and yesterday I asked her...how it was going...shes like well...not too good...I said well show me and dern if she didnt go almost all around the yard and she

is now working on figure eights!! so proud of her! now if we could get "grumpy sister can ride a bike" Jaxon to try without training wheels....we found him one just his size off craigslist....but not training wheels...personally I hate them....so we shall see how long he hold out when mom and sis go for rides without him.

good day! :bear::banana::bear:

• Like 1

Nutti glad to hear Ms. Pixie has conquered her fear and can now ride her bike. I bet watching her Jaxon will soon take off just to show her that he can do it. At least that is the way it is around here with our two. We got them pogo sticks last summer took some practice but now both can balance and bounce all over the place. Braydon scares us by wanting to jump over things with his bike swears he is going to become Evel Knieval and if he can manage not to break as many bones I will feel lucky. The kids are on spring break, but I'm having to work so DH has his hands full keeping up with them. After the rain yesterday the temps here have cooled back down to a more spring like 50 - 70. Feels good. hope it stays this way for a while.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! It's great to have such a wonderful family in cyberspace.

Maureen,

No need to adopt- we already have three of our own and the oldest will only be 6 years old next month. All three pregnancies were high risk and one a near tragedy, so we're talking about surgical options to prevent this from happening again. My DW is doing better, but is still sad. From the sonogram it looks like it may have been an ectopic pregnancy to begin with. She also has the nursing boards tomorrow morning, so she has had way too much stress over the past few weeks. She did say she wants to do something romantic soon.

She is talking about a short, weekend road trip to the beach or something else like we used to do before parenthood. Finding someone to watch three young kids overnight probably isn't going to happen, so I'll have to figure something else out. I have wanted to do something that can only be done in Florida (and maybe Hawaii)- Drive out to the east coast, watch the sun rise out over the Atlantic and have breakfast. Then, drive across the state to Clearwater beach near Tampa, hang out, and have dinner while watching the sun set on the Gulf of Mexico. Anywhere else in the other 48 continental states, you can only watch one over the ocean unless you spend the entire day flying coast to coast. We would still need a sitter to watch the kids overnight. :/

Be sure to have a clear view of the sun setting against the water and see if you caan spot the green flash; there really is one! The last time we camped at Henderson Beach State Park we took DS#3 with us to spend a week and every evening we walked out to the beach to watch the sunset, and four of those sunsets we had a clear view to the water horizon and saw the green flash just as the sun slipped below the horizon. I read somewhere it's an optical illusion, but it's an impressive one!

I agree, that is cool holly. We've sat and watched for too. A thousand years ago when I had my first batch of kids, we'd been hiking on a small mountain. At the top I set up my camera on a tripod and kept snapping pics until the sun was completely gone. It was reflecting in a small lake at the bottom of the mountain and we got that same effect. The kids were young but they seemed to be enthralled with it. Instead of seeing sunset (noun) - they saw the sun set (verb). They still talk about it and they are all grown up and have their own families now.

Nutti, it sounds like Miss Pixie is having a great time on wheels! Once she gets used to it, you'll have a hard time keeping up with her. Jaxon will jump right in with his bike so as not to be left behind because he doesn't want to miss anything his sister might be doing. It sounds like such a sweet thing to teach a child how to ride a bike. Isn't it just exhilarating to share their joy the first time they realize they're "flying" on their own?

Peggi, I don't even want to think about two young children on pogo sticks. And you left DH home alone with them on Spring Break? That poor man is going to be exhausted by the time they go back to school.

Jeremy, you may be one of the most considerate and caring husbands I've ever met. I really mean that with all sincerity. Not many men would understand what his wife is going thru, let alone do the things you're doing to support her emotionally and help her heal. You're a good husband and a good person.

I'm taking a short break from working on my taxes. <sighing> They were pretty much done except for the final details. I'm not sure the software I'm using is giving me all the deductions properly so I'm going old school and printing out the forms so I can do the calculations manually. With the move last year there are a lot of numbers and I really, reeeeeeeeally don't like numbers. The strokes did some damage to the part of my brain that processes things like numbers, directions, time, and spatial relationships so this is challenging. Doing it on paper may sound like an extra step, but it's actually helping me make sure that my numbers are all correct. If my old school version is better than the preparer's software, I'll use my own and save some money. It's still free to file online at both federal and state websites. Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, I popped in to say hi and wish everyone a happy day! I'm going to get a glass of iced tea and take a little walk around the back yard to clear my head before I come back in and finish the taxes. There will be a little celebration when it's all done and I can stop fretting about finishing them.

Oh, I almost forgot!!! I did get something else accomplished this morning and it's directly related to dollhouses too. There are boxes going out in the mail to Heidi and someone else. I promised Heidi a baby Tennyson a long, long time ago and it's been packed in its shipping box all this time but I could never remember that I was going to mail it. I moved it all the way to Arizona just like that and yesterday I finally got a shipping label on it so it's on its way. We're going to get Heidi motivated to start building again!!!! The other box is going to someone whose name is a secret for now, but we'll probably hear her yelling on Friday or Saturday when it arrives. <grinning> It makes me so happy to send things in the mail. I still believe that there's something special about getting a package in the mail, even if it's something you ordered yourself and are expecting. I get a kick out of putting a package or letter in the mail to someone because I know they'll feel special when the postal carrier delivers it to them. It's silly, but that's me. <goofy grin> And the reason I'm telling y'all this is because it's all about dollhouses and friendship so you can share in the happy dancing and fun.

• Like 3

I used to send RAOKs (Random Act Of Kindness) all the time before I got sick. Most of the time it was silly stuff and the postage cost more than what I was sending, but it was just such fun. Now that I'm getting settled a little bit, I'm going to try to start doing things like that again.....even funny little cards brighten up someone's day in the nicest way. Letter-writing was a big deal in both my dad and my mom's families so I grew up sending letters in the mail all the time and I kind of miss doing that.

<digging around in the toolbar> Where's that "Yay Me!" emoticon? :woohoo: This will do nicely. My taxes are done for another year. I'm soooooooooooo relieved to have that chore finished. I stress out way too much about things that have to be done perfectly like that. Last year we just had a preparer do them but this year's return was simpler and I simply couldn't justify spending that much money on something I could do myself. Too bad we don't have an emoticon of a Missouri Mule coz that's what I need to describe me sometimes. LOL!! However, since I've managed to complete two big things today I'm going to celebrate. <pulling my pillow closer and cuddling Frankie> We're gonna take a nap.

• Like 3

...There are boxes going out in the mail to Heidi and someone else...The other box is going to someone whose name is a secret for now, but we'll probably hear her yelling on Friday or Saturday when it arrives...

I wonder if it's someone whose mailing address you asked for a while ago...

• Like 1

*rubbing hands together* I am waiting patiently for my pressie. I love a Deb pressie!

I made chili and cornbread today. I put chopped tomatillos in the chili for a different kick. Tastes really good *wiping nose from spicy jalapeno* Today was full of things that I had to tackle. Physical and mental. I was getting a bit scatter brained but I stopped, made a list and accomplished about half. I still have yard work to do but that will have to wait till the weekend when it will be absolutely gorgeous out. I am going to see a new neurologist next week. I am a bit happy to finally go to one that is competent. I have some issues but for now I am looking at this as a tune up.
Boy this chili was good.

• Like 1

Deb, I totally agree with you about packages in the mail. I just got one today; it was an ebay purchase, but I didn't know she had sent it already. I was so excited to have our mailman hand me my package with a super tiny 1/4 scale teapot shaped like a toadstool inside. I'll try and get a picture up soon because it's just so wee and wonderful.

Heidi, sending good thoughts for your neuro appt. I always feel apprehensive about going to a new dr so I hope everything goes wonderfully.

No minis yet this week, but I did do something exciting today! There is a furniture clearance center close to our house which had a wonderful sale going on. Our current couch is in terrible shape so he said we could get a new one. We went in to look at what they had and found 2 different sets we liked. Of course, the ones we each liked best were not the same one :lol: He said get whichever you want, so I went back this morning and got the ones he really liked. I didn't tell him so he thinks the other one is coming. Can't wait to see his face! Delivery is on Friday so I spent the afternoon moving the other couch outside to go to the curb which is really all it is good for or else I would donate it to someplace. Pretty sure this is the first time in our entire marriage that we'll have furniture purchased as a set :banana:

• Like 2

Oh Deb did you have to mention taxes (groan), I've done mine but since it looks like I will have to send them a check I am waiting until this weekend to review and finish. (shaking head in despair) But on the bright side it will be done for another year.

Our business accounting software support is in Utah and I get a kick out of asking them how the weather is there and then after hearing about snow on the ground telling them we are hitting the high 70's and low 80's here already. I think they like my southern drawl :D They always ask what part of GA I'm from.

Yep, DH may finally lose his mind this week trying to keep these two in line. Braydon has been building traps for birds and trying to find something to hunt with his bow and arrow. As long as it is not his sister we shall survive :bop:. Do admire his patience and "thinking outside the box" though even if it leads him into trouble sometimes.

I am like you Deb and I used to send out raoks also. I would ship someone an orchid house or something I had extra of just to cheer them up. I used to have a great source for perfect wood planking for floors and I shared packages of those with a lot of people. I never included my return address. :)

• Like 1

Heidi that is wonderful that you accomplished so much on your list. I find lists helpful too as it helps prepare me to do what I need to and stay organized (or semi-organized). I also like crossing off something that I completed. You now inspired me to make either chili or sloppy joes.

Sarah, congratulations on your new furniture. It was so nice of you to order what the hubby liked, and it will be fun for you to see his surprise.

I also like getting packages in the mail. Yesterday, I had to sign for one that came from Bulgaria. It was a mini Mickey Mouse I ordered.

• Like 1

I'm hoping today will be a better day than yesterday, because I can't take much more. It's bad enough to not feel good let alone put up with a bunch of B.S. I think I'll get in the truck and just disappear for most of the day, it won't solve anything but at least I won't have to deal with all the crap for a few hours.

I need to make an appointment and get another shot in my hip, and see about some physical therapy, or anything else that might help.

Oh Stacey hang in there! I've had more days like that than I care to remember, and a day away is sometimes the best solution. I find that some time alone helps me re-group and be better able to deal with all the crazy stuff that goes on in my life.

• Like 2

:hug: Stacey, having to deal with chronic pain day after day aggravates and magnifies all the usual daily annoyances & crap. When you do get you some therapy sessions ask about ongoing stuff you can do at home (or off by yourself in the truck) that will help.

Stacey, my thoughts are with you. Hope you get some pain relief and "life" relief. A day away might help. Wanna come over and play? I'll fix lunch and we can chill out. The kiddos are in school so we can have the house to ourselves for a bit.

• Like 1

If Stacey lived close enough to us, we're off to pick up our tax forms from the accountant after breakfast and then go shop around for another RV; if Stacey were here I'd also push for a stop at the outlet mall and all our great thrift stores, and let her use my good cane.

• Like 1

I hope that you feel better soon Sable!!!

I have been battling the usual migraines for days and days. Exhausting! I managed to get a wash together this morning and bake some Carrot Raisin muffins . They seemed to come out fine with no issues this time. Baking at this altitude is a constant science experiment at best. Even recipes that say they have high altitude adjustments are for not high enough!!! Sorry, I don't have the recipe for regular altitudes.

post-26465-0-66766300-1397150094_thumb.j