What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Deb...ty for posting one of my favorite photos of our joy.... :banana:

as for Maricopa....we do toss it in...especially when looking at the houses available...more bang for our buck

and we will require a pool... Dean has a 1 yr contract to drive for the company who co-payed the schooling...after that he is keeping his ear out for designated route hopefully keeping him home at night....or the weekends....as for now we will continue to enjoy our leaky house and awesome yard....we really do love it here.

as for the moving...I really dont mind it...I grew up moving every yr or so....but after renting...we know we love it here so now we are thinking of buying....and staying forever....the last trip home I also cut ties with un healthy family ties...so I dont feel the pull of guilt any longer! AZ is our home now!

it feels good to have settled...I have been in an emotional uproar since I decided to have my WLS....I am much more the me I want to be now...and Im ready to start playing with my "MINI" toys!! :bear:

• Like 2

Luckily for me (I think) i have broken my toe. I was far too busy to finsih my dollshouse this week but now as I can't walk on my foot I can do nothing else. There really is a silver lining :D:bangin:

• Like 2

Owee, Louisa; but I like your thinking!

Today is an errand day for us. I had a cardio clinic appointment Monday for my pacer, but the tech won't be there and yesterday I got a call to reschedule. The first new date offered was while we'll be in the Wetumpka, AL, area hiking and hopefully paddling; and the next was the day we go over to Tallahassee to bring DS#3 back for his summer visit; so it will be the following week. When the doctors' offices are such good sports about working in appointments around our activity schedules I know we must be doing OK!

• Like 1

Nutti, congratulations on your new grandbaby! Deb, hope you are feeling better. And Louisa, so sorry about your toe, but have fun with yours minis!

We made it through graduation, it was really nice. I am so proud of Lawson. Herman Cain was the keynote speaker, and he's always great to listen to. (His grandchildren attend the same school. He will also be at Brennen's graduation, but as a grandparent.) The reception afterwards and then dinner was a little stressful, but we made it through. Anslee ended up driving the 3 hours back home at midnight last night.

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 1

Congratulations to Lawson,Tracy-I know it was a long,but wonderful day for your family! And having Mr.Cain as the keynote speaker,to boot-wow! Can you see me turning green with envy?? :)

• Like 1

Three days. We're leaving in three days. And the to-do list is at least a week long. See Kathie run in circles. :lol:

Despite the looming list, we went to a jazz concert tonight. Bob James played, as well as a couple of excellent bands. I think I used up around 300 calories between foot tapping and clapping. :D

• Like 2

Kathie, you lucky! We attended the start up of Evenings at Seville Square Thursday night in downtown Pensacola; from mid May until Labor Day concerts are held in the gazebo in Seville Square Park and this one featured the Pensacola Community Band which has so many members they had to make two band ensembles from all the members, in order to perform in the gazebo. The McGuire's Pub pipe band opened and it was a wonderful evening.

Yesterday I unloaded the big bookcase that held all of our cookbooks so it can go out to the shop and hold all my dollhouse-making books. DH & I culled the cookbooks and filled most of two moving boxes with cookbooks for donating to thrift stores. Then I started in on the miniatures books and I'll be taking them out to the shop today. I have also started two piles; one of books NOT mini-related that I was using for reference that will go to the thrift stores and one specifically doll & mini-related that I don't really need or use, but are excellent source books, that I will be offering here later, once all the other books are out in the shop.

I finished "tiling" Washington's bathroom floor and have another coat of poly to put on and I can begin grouting.

I have a bookcase full of cookbooks that I need to empty before we leave on Thursday. The bookcase was made by a cousin before he passed. We'll be dropping it off at his newly-wed granddaughter's home our first night on the road. They're also getting a child-sized wicker chair that belonged to his wife, the newly-weds' grandmother.

I don't know what to do with the cookbooks. I may keep the ethnic ones and donate the rest to the thrift store. I haven't opened one in several years. I either cook by the seat of my pants or head to Google if I need a particular recipe.

I only kept the ones I still use (occasionally) and the ones DH uses when he gets the urge to cook. I also have one I want to give the eldest DIL (she collects Pillsbury stuff) and a stack of Cajun and LA cokbooks for my friend we went to Lafayette with.

Will you be adding those palatial pet beds you were fiddling with a while ago?

Indeed I will, as soon as I and the new canera to do what I want it to do....

Hugs

Well, our trip to the PNW for my daughter's graduation from Seminary was wonderful -despite the frustrations dealing with aging parents. My daughter loved the vignette I made for her! And now that we are back it is time to start focusing on getting my yard ready for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner! :)

This weekend the weather was just perfect for working outside! I got some perennials planted, and now this week I will start working on the annuals. I have to do little bits at a time so I don't over-extend myself. guess that's one thing about finally getting the Fibromyalgia diagnosis- I have an understanding of what is going on in my body now, and am learning how to pace myself. Before I would just push myself and push myself, then I'd be miserable for several days afterward. At any rate, the flower beds are beginning to take shape and I am very happy about that! :D

Tomorrow I have my first appointment for my 4 week Fibromyalgia clinic. I'll spend all morning with 4 different docs to assess my situation a form a plan of therapy. Should be interesting. On Wednesday I have my foot doc appointment- which hopefully will mean I can get rid of this dang boot! This winter it was fine- foot stayed nice and warm throughout the deep-freeze! Now it is just plain HOT! :/

Also- the hunt for the Mother-of-the-Groom dress continues!

I am fighting an inner ear problem all week and praying it gets straightened out before I have to get on the plane on Saturday morning. Leave it to me to get some weird ailment going on just before I go on a trip. We are having a little contest to see who can fit all their things into one small bag. I am losing badly ....there is no way I can fit a week's worth in a baggie! :ermm: I am so high maintenance it isn't funny.

• Like 1

Oh,Roxy,I hope you feel better soon! I haven't flown since Spring of 2001,just months before our whole world changed. Concerning flying commercially,I sure don't envy you trying to meet the baggage constraints! (I packed all no iron clothing and rolled it as much as I could to fit things in.) And I normally use an oversize purse,so it did a lot of double duty! Do they have rules about purse sizes now? Just wondered,as I know things are so different...

Amongst the errands we ran today was grocery shopping for our upcoming trip. We are taking the camper and our hiking boots for a week at what is (or until recently was) an Army Corps of Engineers campground near Wetumpka, AL, and in addition to the museums and the various places to hike and explore we specifically want to check out the Wetumpka Crater.

Jackie, Hope you dr. appointments go well. One of the hardest things I had to learn about MS was to pace myself. Case in point, I overdid yesterday so today was almost a total loss as far as productive activity is concerned. Good luck with the dress hunt!

Hope your ears get better before the flight, Roxy. Have you had this problem before?

For all you coffee lovers out there, this explains me perfectly :rofl:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/signs-youre-addicted-to-coffee

• Like 3

Busy week ahead for piping. The band plays for the state senate's Memorial Day Thursday; I play for a funeral At Ft. Custr National Cemetery Friday; Sunday back to Ft. Custer for their Memorial Day ceremony; Monday a 3 mile parade in a nearby town. Highland arobics, indeed!

• Like 1

I'm just in from sprinkling borax on our brick sidewalk in hopes that the grass and dandelions will be dead by the time we get back. Only two days to blast off. Would you believe I started the refinancing process for our mortgage yesterday? Called the bathhouse at the Berkeley Springs State Park to reserve one of the baths for June 19. I love a good soak in the mineral springs water. And that will be our 10th wedding anniversary. Can't think of a better way to celebrate. :) Good thing I work well under pressure! Still to do ... clothes. Check laptop & printer to be sure they're in working order. Pack the General Store fixtures. Am taking them with in hopes one of the doll house shops we stop in will buy them. If not, they'll just get a nice long ride.

Got back on track and went to my yoga class today. After tonight, I only have 3 French classes left before I go to France this summer to work on my sisters newly acquired 12th Century property. I get to paint and fix pool coping for 10 days. A working vacation, so to say.

• Like 2

Sable, I hope you post LOTS of pictures. How exciting. I would be in heaven to get to help with such a project. And as for speaking French...have fun with that too :) I studied French for 2.5 years and remember a few words but never got to where I was comfortable with anything near a conversation. You'll have to share your adventure with us. We dollhousers seem to enjoy vicarious living :)

I hope they find a way to lessen the discomfort, Jackie.

Congrats on the new grand baby Nutti!

We're in the process of buying a home and hope to be moved in by the beginning of July. Until then I'm packing and planning out a budget. Maybe I'll have the workshop opened up enough for Kathie and Lloyd to see the houses when they visit next week. We're excited to see you again.

We have a growing list of projects planned for the home after we move in. As soon as we move in I will have to build a lock box for the trash cans to keep raccoons from making a mess. We're also going to move a wall and install French doors in one of the extra bedrooms so I will have a workshop for the houses. Eventually we're going to build a large, partially covered deck and fire pit in the back yard. I'm also drawing up plans to build an elevated fort for the kids. We're thinking about connecting it to the deck with a staircase.

I will have to pick up some of those do-it-yourself books at Home Depot so I can transfer my skills into RL size. It's kind of exciting. :p

• Like 5