What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Thanks Selkie, Roxy, Deb and Debra.

One thing with telling a company that you're hiring an attorney- once you claim that you're going to secure counsel, they will not talk to you. They're legal counsel will talk to yours, but they will not talk to you directly. When I spoke with the person from India, I told him that I was dealing with grand larceny and would need to talk with someone familiar with U.S. law. When he transferred me to Manila, I told their rep the same thing. The department I was eventually transferred to was the "Loss Mitigation Department" (i.e., Legal Department), which was the first to show some competence and was able to confirm where our payment went.

In other good news, I used my lunch break to go to an interview I had scheduled at a downtown Starbucks. It's a contract position at the V.A. through a company that works with many government entities, but 100% of the Florida jobs are at the V.A. The job is mine as soon as the background check clears. Better yet, I'll be doing work similar to the paralegal work I was doing before and for about the same pay I was earning. The downside is that the contract is up for renewal in March.

Jeremy, I'll bet you $ to do-nuts if you do a super job they buy out your contract - before or around March, that's three months. That's done here a lot. Buying out a contract and going permanent. Here one has to be pretty (*edited by moderator to remove profanity) not to have your contact bought out. I wish you luck and will keep my fingers x-ed for you. Go get'um!

Can't sleep, so am breaking in my new bread machine - honey cracked wheat. YUM! Am going to doctor later today to discuss my rotting, unhealing foot, and am feeling very low about it all. But after well over three and a half years of the wound not healing and infection after infection, I can see the inevitable coming. In a way, it'll be a relief to go ahead and have the leg amputated (OMG, what an ugly word!), but it still terrifies me. Yeah, I've been living in this wheel chair for over two years now, but y'know, I'm kinda used to having that thing there at the ened of my leg. SIGH! The goal right now is to get me healthy enough for the surgery - get me over the gut infection, etc., and so don't really know what sort of time line I'm facing. Got endless people to look after Koko while I'm gone (and dunno for how long), and have months of food on hand for him, sooo....We'll see what happens later today.

Prayers for all those going through a rough patch, and any send my way would be appreciated. As my momma used to say, I'd have to look up right now to see a snake's belly. But, then, I AM still here and still plugging along. And that counts.

• Like 1

Adding my thoughts for just the right solution to happen ~ whatever the MD'S think that is.

We have a relative that is a dbl amputee and you would never guess. He rides bikes and hikes and gardens and never misses a beat and, btw, he is not young ... in fact, he is in his 80s. His is a result of diabetic healing problems too.

Good things to come is what I'm hoping for you.

Oh Mary honey, I'm so sorry. You've been thru so much with this already and this is the moment you've fought so hard to avoid. I'll be keeping you close in my heart while you wait for the news and praying that there is still some solution the doctors are willing to try. You know we're here for you and you can come talk to us at any time no matter what's on your mind. Whether you need to talk about what's going on or if you're just in need of being distracted from it, come home and we'll wrap you up in whatever it is you need. We love you dearest.

Mary, prayers that all goes well with you. Prayers for your improving health and prayers of enlightened guidance for the doctors as they work with you for the best possible outcome.

Heed Selkie's words ... :hug:

Praying for you, Mary. :console:

My DH came home last night and my aunt arrived today. She'll be spending two nights here, and tomorrow and Saturday she and I will do our last craft bazaar of the season. Our weather is going a bit crazy so I do hope it won't keep customers away! I've been over-busy today with 2 extra people in the house, and between meals I have wrapped ALL the presents for the grandchildren and got everything packed and labels in two big boxes - one for each family. What a job! I have three granddaughters with American Girl dolls and I get just a wee bit crazy buying accessories for them. Coats, dresses, pants and tops, BOOTS! Fur-lined snow boots, Pink polka-dot rain boots, red cowgirl boots with fringe and glitter! What fun! :clap: For my teenaged grandson I'm just getting a gift card - he can buy what he wants!

I didn't realize how spoiled I was getting with just Mother and me in the house for so long - quiet, peaceful, simple meals. Today has been noisy, busy, big dinner, and hectic! They all went to bed over an hour ago, and I just had to slip away to my office and visit with my Greenleaf family for awhile. But I do have to get up at 5:30 in the morning, so I guess I'd better call it a night.

Good night all :hidebhind:

• Like 2

Oddly enough, having the actual verdict in hand has made looking up at that snake's belly seem not all THAT far up. Yes, it's off with her foot time, but y'know, it'll be a relief, in a weird way, to have a resolution to this endless cycle of infection/healing/not healing/infection....Get my life back again, and I am blessed with a g-o-o-d life, wonderful friends (including you guys - I can't say what a difference your hugs have made), and the privilege of living in a truly beautiful environment (eastern slopes of the WA Cascade Mountains). It's been made clear to me that I matter to folks around here, and that I'll get whatever TLC/help/just plain ol' hugs I might need during this process, and yes, I'm still trying to get my head around that, but it is an amazing comfort to know I AM NOT ALONE. And very humbling.

Waiting now to hear from the orthopedic surgeon, and my visiting nurse will be coming today; a social worker is coming on Monday to evaluate me for having an in-home helper (I manage okay, but, oh, wouldn't it be wonderful to have help with cooking, cleaning, shopping....all possible from the state, but oh the hoops you have to jump through!).

One thing I do know: the crochet hook/knitting needles will keep on clickin'. Maybe not with minis right now, but doesn't taking a stock of thread and hooks and my Kindle (for patterns) to rehab with me sound like a nice compact package? If I can just get a good light.. :) At the moment am working on a full-sized wool poncho for myself - decided something like that would be a lot easier to get in/out of than a regular coat (gotta stand for that LOL) and keep Mary cuddly, and lo and behold, a neighbor cleaned out her yarn stash my direction and there's just enough lovely wool yarn for the poncho I had in mind. There's always a solution, isn't there, and never where you're looking for it.

Folks, again, thank you, you've helped a dark day be lighter. Thank you.

• Like 5

There's always a solution, isn't there, and never where you're looking for it.

Mary, you're oh so right about that!

Your rehab "survival kit" sounds perfect! Maybe take a little high intensity task light, too, just in case lighting isn't optimal?

• Like 1

Mary, you have a strong will and are a beautiful person inside and out. You have many friends here who care very much and who wish for you only the best. You DO matter and we are all here to support you whenever you need us!

• Like 1

Mary, I'm so sorry you are still going through this, and that it has come to this result. I know you've fought long and hard to avoid losing the foot. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hope for your speedy healing and recovery.

• Like 1

I, sadly, am cleaning. Kitchen and bath. And doing laundry. (Gotta say "laundry," cos I say "warsh" and I get teased. I also eat with a 'fark' and ride a 'harse.' And "Warsaw" (Wausau) is a city in WI. You can take the girl outta the south but ya' can't take the south outta the girl.)

Happy news is I will have a nice clean kitchen in which to fix the table up for minis. Then I can get started as my glue came. Prolly gonna work on the Bungalow (though not here yet) and the Laurel at the same time. Little variety is nice.

And the cats will be happy with their bathroom, in the bathroom - family that pottys together, stays together :roflmao: - being clean, too. We will all be happy with a clean bathroom. And Muzzer will be thrilled with her clean kitchen and mini working area! :pepper:

• Like 1

Laundry was yesterday. Today was blocking new knits and packing them up to mail this weekend. I have just sliced my finger whilst honing q knife, so I won't be doing much until I get it to stop bleeding so I can put a bandaid on it.

• Like 1

I spent much of today trying to unsnarl one of Lloyd's efforts ...

So he's been bugging me, what do I want for Christmas. So I find a lovely hand mixer (red) for the NOLA kitchen, give him a printout of the item and tell him he can get it at Target. Simple, yes? Read on ...

Yesterday he went to Target and ordered it. The ditsy broad customer service agent who took the order put his credit card billing address in the Ship To instead of our NOLA address... but to make matters worse, she put Marshall MICHIGAN 65340, even though L said he gave her his business card to copy the address. He got a confirmation email last night after I'd gone to bed, which is when he realized the snafu. He said he got through to Target's customer service and a lady told him she'd cancel the order. Ha. This morning we got an email from UPS with the tracking number.
He and I have been on the phone (mainly on hold) with UPS and Target most of the morning and early afternoon. Target says the only way to correct the shipping address is to call UPS. UPS says they can't change the delivery address because Target chose their shipping method that involves handing the package off to the USPS for the final delivery leg. But when it gets to the Marshall PO (assuming they go by the zip code and get it to Marshall instead of Michigan), there's a forwarding order in place which may or may not include this kind of shipment; generally only first class items are forwarded.
I've signed up for delivery notification from UPS. Wonder if I'll hear anything or if the Marshall PO will just chuck it in a snow drift.
He is napping, but not for long. Am going to get him up and get over to Target and get some satisfaction -- like a refund.
It's the last time I ask for ANYTHING that I don't order or buy myself!
I'm sure we'll laugh about this one day ... but today isn't the day.
  • Like 1

Oh dear Kathy, don't you just hate that when it happens? Seriously, I don't have a Target anywhere near me but the last time I did business with them ( about 7 years ago) I swore I would never go back! Their CS stinks. Good luck

• Like 1

Roxy, dear... To whom are you speaking? I've searched the last two pages and can't find a Kathy or something relating to Target. Am I missing something (I miss alot.).

Roxy was replying to KathieB's post two posts up.

Kahie. we don't shop at Target but once in a blue moon, and then only if we find something in their store we need that we haven't been able to find anywhere else.

• Like 1