What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Blizzard Watch! 22-27 inches :eek: possible for the shoreline. :freaked: Anyone you know in Philly, new york, and new england will be buried. :yikes: I bought supplies, ice salt, kerosene, and sundries. Our neighbor has a snow blower so MAYBE we will get some help. I have natalie and her friend on my team. I will make chili in the crockpot Tuesday if we have electricity to eat after we shovel. I will brush off the cars and supervise. :cold:

Three hours in the studio today and the Love Shack is finally finished. I'm crowing the news from the rooftops! Happy, happy, joy, joy. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

I'm also doing laundry but that's not nearly as exciting.

Hey Holly, you've probably said this and I didn't see it, but how long are you going to be gone this time? We miss you so much when you're away and I like to look forward to your return.

• Like 2

I finally finished the sheetrock in the extra room (soon to be dollhouse room yippee!!!), and primed everything i could reach without a stool. I ran out of time to do more, but I'll finish this week. I have a little bit of sheetrock work in the other room, then paint and prime there, then we can finally get the floors finished!! So exciting that the end of this project is in sight!

• Like 3

Kathie, last weekend marked one year since they took the walls off the 2 bedrooms and bathroom, and took up all the floor in those rooms and the hallway. To say I'm ready to be done is an understatement!

Tracy, you must be beside yourself contemplating an end to the remodel. It seems as if you've been working on it for months and months.

I got finished priming the rest of the room when I got home from Sunday dinner at Mama's. I was so close to being done, wanted to check that off my list!

• Like 2

Sorry about that Art. :(

Today I will rest from the snow. Fred does have a broken foot. But it is not the fifth metatarcil so it will heal very nicely in 4 weeks. He has to wear a Herman Munster boot that goes up to his knee. Pain killers dont work so he waits for every day to feel a bit better.

I have chili going in crockpot.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for a call from the handler of a cadaver dog to confirm our appointment for tomorrow. She and her dog will search Lloyd's family's cemetery in hopes of confirming the sites of graves that we *think* are there but no longer have markers.

Heidi, the LIKE is for the crockpot not the broken foot!

We are expecting snow Friday and Saturday but it hopefully won't amount to much. I FINALLY got out of my muddy road to the bank this morning. I was bound and determined to go before I got stuck in again. I haven't been able to get out since Saturday! :O

Now I am doing laundry and going to work on my taxes for laughs.

• Like 1

My minis are screaming at me for attention - my stress level is hitting new highs - my schedule is out of control. If I'm not working I find myself staying up later and later, just for some "me" time. DH is a morning person so he's down and out by 9:30 or 10:00 at night.

Oh, Hi :hidebhind: - how are you?

DH and I are carefully adjusting and things are going pretty well. He's buying a pickup from my cousin so having two cars again will help. And he filled out a job application just 3 miles from our house - that would be very nice if he gets the job. Looking for a job at this age is no picnic!

So glad the forum is back up - missed it last night!

• Like 1

It is Friday morning over here, got a couple of inches of snow during the night..

Plan and hope to only work half the day as wehave pulled three evenings this week at school, two nights of open house for the pupils starting the fall as six year olds and one evening for thise that will choose their third langugage next semester/school year....

Hugs

• Like 1

My minis are screaming at me for attention - my stress level is hitting new highs - my schedule is out of control. If I'm not working I find myself staying up later and later, just for some "me" time. DH is a morning person so he's down and out by 9:30 or 10:00 at night.

Oh, Hi :hidebhind: - how are you?

DH and I are carefully adjusting and things are going pretty well. He's buying a pickup from my cousin so having two cars again will help. And he filled out a job application just 3 miles from our house - that would be very nice if he gets the job. Looking for a job at this age is no picnic!

So glad the forum is back up - missed it last night!

I can relate to you on the whole stress level and the job hunt!! You are not alone there. My little house is screaming at me too.

I updated my outdated 12 year old phone and replaced my 17 year old truck with a new one. I dislike change, but the new stuff is pretty cool!

I have to get a new car too once taxes come back. I too dislike change and simply say change is good it will get better!! I tend to go into panic mode sometimes over changes.

Today we have snow showers and is going to be cold. I must wash the laundry today and get it caught up. My floors are in despite need of a good washing but really but I see no sense in doing it atleast not today LOL. when no one in my house knows enough to wipe there shoes off on the rug or say clean floors take shoes off just doesn't click :bangin: with my family Plus my 4 pack of dogs. I feel today should be a mini day!! :bigwink:

• Like 1

It is snowing again. Wasnt 2 feet enough? I have stuff to do before the BIG snow Sunday into Monday. We had oil delivered yesterday so I have to replenish our food stocks. Fred will be okay. He has healing to do but I am happy that there will be no surgery. Yesterday was his birthday. We all went out for Thai food. I said you could have whatever you want. Chelsea and natalie went straight for the tamarind duck.

I have laundry to catch up on today. I have been utilizing natalie. I cant rely on Fred so she carries stuff for me that I cannot. Plus she is learning.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Super Bowl Sunday!

• Like 3

Its snowing up here in the clouds and suppose to continue until Sunday! I treated myself to some tall snow boots a couple of weeks ago and was second guessing my purchase.....now I am sure going to need them!

Heidi, my sister in northern Massachusetts said she has 40 inches or more of snow! :O I hope you aren't buried!!!

• Like 2

Heading off today to see a cousin who is up from Texas for a brief visit. I've got about 15 more minutes, and 1/2 cup of coffee, before I go wake Mother up. Visiting with my Greenleaf family gets a morning off to a good start. :coffee:

Took Mother to the doctor yesterday and I finally got an official diagnosis of her ailment. All I ever heard before was congestive heart failure, but I guess that was a side effect. She has CKD (chronic kidney disease) Stage 4. And the doctor admitted that she hadn't expected Mother to be with us this long. Not only is she still with us, but her kidney function continues to improve. In the hospital a little over 2 years ago her kidney function was only 17%, her heart was failing, and she was on oxygen - and she was almost to the point of needing dialysis. On her last checkup the kidney function was 20% and as of yesterday it is 21%. Not a huge increase, and a long ways from full function, but at least she won't be looking at dialysis.

These are precious days with her as she seems to be on borrowed time.

Oops! just sipped the last of the coffee - must go get my day started.

• Like 4

We have been discussing back and forth around the house IF we should "run away" ie take an i prompru vacation in the grey February/March and yesterday we actually booked a trip to Fuertoventure in mid-March... Looking forward to some warmth and hopefully some blue and sunny skies! An early 20 year anniversary get-away we decided

Hugs

• Like 3

Well, Deb, by now you have probably calculated that we were away for five days, as we are back home and I'm taking a tad of a break to check in and let everybody know I'm here :wave:

We were at Henderson Beach State Park, which is on the Gulf in Destin, FL. It was too cold to do any much with the beach, and the coastline there has fairly close offshore drop-offs, so the shelling is zippo, but the sunsets and magnificent over water, although with the horizon clouds I missed that green flash that comes just as the sun's disc sips below the horizon. I've brought in everything except my clean clothes, so in a few minutes I'll leave the remaining unread pages and head back out to finish.

• Like 3

Anna, Do it! You deserve it. Roxy, yes...very much buried.

I did all my chores today and getting ready to start dinner here in a bit. Warm stove helps warm these cold bones.

• Like 2