What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Guess which dim bulb put the wrong date in the KC newspaper and had buyers at the door today, the day before the start of the sale. :wave:  Here I am!

Would have gotten all of the pricing done if we hadn't had to stop to deal with buyers. Oh, well, live and learn. We did take in a bundle of cash. The only part of the house not priced is Lloyd's part of the basement. We told him he can ask what folks will offer and if it's more than a quarter, take it! :D

Drove over to the farm store for a couple of things today. When I got there I noticed the thermometer on my car said it was 81 outside. It got very green and summery here within the last week or so. Driving home, as I turned off towards the road to Kennebunkport, the temperature starting dropping ....78 -75--70--68--65-- down to 62 as I got closer to my house. What a drop!.

Well wrapped up the medals display for my 4 yr. old granddaughter that will be visiting next month. Also on this is glow in the dark dots here and there for fireflies.

post-15995-0-41090500-1432913426_thumb.j

post-15995-0-48928800-1432913436_thumb.j

post-15995-0-14570800-1432913443_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ken, that is indeed adorable. She'll love it!

We are now ensconced in our condo home. No more gypsy life style. It seems to crowded and cramped compared to the lovely, large, open rooms of the house, but it is home, and we'll get used to it being our primary residence instead of a vacation home, especially after I continue in my sorting/purging mode in these overstuffed closets. I slept 7 hours straight through last night -- no getting up early to work on the sale or get on the road. Pure luxury, even though my dreams were about working the sale! The moving van won't be here until around June 9, so I have a little time to get squared away before we have to begin our own version of the storage wars.

I'm looking forward to getting back into mini mode. Boy, am I ever!

• Like 3

Glad you are safe and sound and home. It will become home after a while but you may always have a tiny piece of your heart that gently remembers your MO place. Rest up, sounds like the moving van day will be hectic enough.

Sounds like everybody has been busy!  Anna, that plan trip sounds awful!  I don't plan to get on an airplane again unless I'm leaving the country - I will drive!

Kathie - glad you are settled into the condo and hope your re-entry goes well. :)

Apparently I am the only one at my job that is willing to drive hundreds of miles, so my boss has been giving me more jobs that are far away. But I love it - and now that DH is staying home and can care for Mother, I get to go to these places by myself and get some very coveted ME time!  Over Memorial Day weekend I worked in Ocean Shores, about 90 miles from home, and since I got the condo to stay in (rather than a hotel provided by my company) I took Mother with me. DH was happy for some ME time also :)   He's very sweet to my mother, and is actually more attentive than I am, but her memory is not as good as it used to be and her repeated questions get kind of hard to handle.  So we all had a great weekend.

My mother's youngest sister, Marlene, and her daughter Heather, are coming over this weekend - already left the ferry dock and will be here soon. So I am just saying hi and goodbye here on the forum.  Marlene's Aplastic Anemia is back, and she's not responding well to treatments this time. Barring a miracle, she won't be with us much longer. But I'm still rooting for a miracle!  She's the youngest of 8 children, 14 years younger than my mother.  

They just pulled up - see you in a few days. :) 

• Like 4

Well, today I spent some time on the phone working out the necessary evils associated with car repairs and insurance companies after a fender bender.  :/

Yesterday after work I stopped at the pharmacy here in our shopping plaza to pick up some meds.  Noticed some dimwit had parked illegally just to get under some shade from a tiny tree.....but failed to remember said nitwit vehicle when I went to leave.  :doh:  Yup. Backed right into it! :dunce:   Nothing major - mostly irritating. 

And now, thanks to my deductible, I will have no money to go mini shopping while on vacation in Maine! :teary: Nonetheless, I will be in vacation in Maine! :clap:  

I've got a lot of work to do until then-  work on plans for my parents 60th anniversary celebration and a friend's wedding cake that needs to travel to Virginia.  And maybe in between I can continue working on the wonky floors of my Ellwanger House!

Hello all...good to come visit this thread and catch up on all the goings on!!

we are currently in find a house now have started our purge and packing mode...it just got hot and 

the inefficient ac unit will not be turned on and we only have a small window unit and its old 

should be interesting as the month goes on...wish us luck in finding a place before monsoon season...

I was going to put off packing my minis but they are in the only place that we can pack into....

going to get up in the am and check out a couple of houses and see how it goes.

we dont want to end up in sketchy town lol

I will keep popping in to stay tuned so keep posting that eye candy! :ninja:  :artist:  :bear:

• Like 2

Well, company is gone.  I love to see company come ... and I love to see company go!  We had a great visit. It's hard to believe my aunt is as sick as she is - she was the life of the party, as usual, and was in great spirits. When they were about to leave, my mother got up out of her chair, and my aunt got out of hers, and they headed towards each other for a goodbye hug. Except that neither one is very strong anymore. I reached for my mother's hand to steady her and help her up, my cousin reached for her mother's hand to steady her, and both women grabbed for the same cane. Because we are such a crazy family, we all started laughing at the situation until my cousin and I were not much help!  They finally got their hug, still laughing.  On one hand it's kind of sad to see them both so frail, but I'm glad we can still all laugh together.  :hug:

• Like 3

CJ, I know what you mean about being able to laugh together. Many in L's family are up in age. It is sad to see them failing physically yet a blessing that mind & sense of humor remain intact. :)

I did a purge on the dining room closet yesterday and have some room for things that will be coming on the moving van. My clothes closet it next in line. I'm putting off the much bigger master bedroom/studio/Lloyd's closet, which will involve some discussion with L about what is essential and what is not. Things like Styrofoam inserts from old packing boxes is not. Anything in the "maybe I can use this some day" category is definitely up for discussion! :D 

• Like 1

Boy are you one tough task master Kathie. Good thing you aren't checking out my stashes. You'd have heart failure at the "saved for possible future use" piles even though mine are 1/4 of what they were before my first knee replacement. I had really purged all my  craft areas but sounds like I'd be in trouble like Lloyd is going to be. Sending him my condolences on the losses. I'm such a pack rat and sounds like he is too!!  tee hee hee hee

Laughing here, Selkie. I'm as much a pack rat as Lloyd, but I don't seem to have the same fear of separation that he has. Ask Sharon, who saw the big bag of egg cartons and other mini stuff I'd stashed. (And now a lot of it is her problem. :D )

• Like 1

L is at the storage place waiting for Lowe's to deliver cement blocks and boards to make shelving to hold the stuff the van line will deliver later today. Then we get to open boxes and organize the storage unit. This past week has been a bit crazy. L saw the doctor for bronchitis and I soldiered through a couple of days of sore throat and general ennui, both, I think exacerbated by the stress of the move. Both of us are feeling much better.

I spent most of one day updating our address and reorganizing direct deposits/payments to our new checking account. I was able to do a lot of it on line, which made me realize once again that there are user-friendly sites and some (read: government) sites that seem to go out of their way to be confusing.

One of the rails on our bed broke, so we're sleeping on the couches and waiting for delivery of a replacement in a day or so. I found some interestingly modern book/display shelves on overstock.com and ordered three sets in the dark wood to coordinate with our other furniture: one to be used horizontally in the living room and two vertically in the dining area. They're heavy and complex and need to be assembled, so I'm looking for someone to do that. We thinned out the library but still packed a number of books that need shelving, plus we have ceramics to display, so these shelves should be just fine as well as looking good.

Furniture-of-America-Unique-Red-Cocoa-Wo

Both the Beacon Hill and the Pierce are sitting here looking neglected. :(

• Like 1

Tomorrow morning I will have surgery to remove the lump I found in my breast. I am so scared. I just wanted to update you all as its been a very tough few weeks and today is not easy. I will update sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.

Kellee

Tomorrow morning I will have surgery to remove the lump I found in my breast. I am so scared. I just wanted to update you all as its been a very tough few weeks and today is not easy. I will update sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.

Kellee

Oh, Kelly, I wish I could hug you in person.  I have been there and done that and know first hand your fear!

• Like 1

Kelly, praying for a positive outcome, dear heart!

So ... the moving van arrived at our storage area slightly after the Lowe's truck dropped off a ton of "light weight" cement blocks (say what?? 30-33 lbs is NOT light weight in my book) and boards for L to build shelves in Storage Unit #1. While L was busy building, it took four tries for the van driver to back into the storage facility, each time stopping traffic on General Degaulle Drive for a long time (too long, according to the drivers who just had to speed between cars to get by and nearly hit the kind soul who was trying to help hold back the traffic). Then said driver managed to drop Precious, the stone statue from our garden, on his toe, breaking a couple of bones and chipping another as well as splitting the skin beneath and losing a cup of so of blood before we could get a pressure bandage on him and Lloyd could take him to the emergency room. Darned if he didn't come back and finish the job with a little help from a strong back that L recruited from the apartment complex.

We are officially moved now. All that's left <cough, cough> is opening the boxes and either shelving the contents or bringing them to the condo. 

I am sitting here sipping some ginger ale and Early Times with a couple of cherries in it and looking forward to a nice hot shower and early bed time!

Kellee

Thoughts and prayers are with you today. Hugs ...