What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I spent most of Tuesday in the ER with my mother.  A combination of not taking care of her own health/heart issues "on the back burner" over the last several years + months of anxiety and especially high stress/anxiety since my father passed away + meds given to her recently by the family doc that either A) didn't get pertinent symptom information from my mother, which is quite possible or B) totally missed the mark.....all led to a heart arrhythmia/congestive heart failure episode about 2 weeks ago (she tells people she had the stomach virus) and subsequent fluid build-up around her lungs, stomach, & liver.  So she had a battery of tests to make sure the heart docs understood her current condition and could make the necessary changes to her meds.

She was admitted and will be there until tomorrow.  I am relieved, actually.  Now she will have everything taken care of in one swoop and won't have any excuses!  LOL 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

When we got to The Kid's house yesterday I nearly fainted.  

Wow, Holly! I can't imagine what it must have been like to experience such an event. Was anyone hurt?

Wow, glad he's ok, Holly.

I'm working a half day tomorrow and leaving for Miami early Friday morning.  One of our riding brothers was going to hold up our departure time with a few hours of work, but his mother was just moved to Hospice, so we're getting there as soon as we can.  We're also going to try to see his new granddaughter.  She was a 2 lb preemie, but she's growing like a trooper.  She'll probably be in the NICU for a few more months.

My family is planning a road trip to Houston in early July with a stop in New Orleans on the way back, and the 2nd to last weekend of that month I'm riding with the club back to Nola for another club's annual party.  The French Quarter is calling!  I'm not sure about the itinerary with the club, but I hope to meet up with Kathie and Lloyd while we're there with my in-laws.  We wouldn't have the slightest idea where to go if it wasn't for the wonderful visit we had in 2012.

5 minutes ago, pdlnpeabody said:

My family is planning a road trip to Houston in early July with a stop in New Orleans on the way back, and the 2nd to last weekend of that month I'm riding with the club back to Nola for another club's annual party.  The French Quarter is calling!  I'm not sure about the itinerary with the club, but I hope to meet up with Kathie and Lloyd while we're there with my in-laws.  We wouldn't have the slightest idea where to go if it wasn't for the wonderful visit we had in 2012.

We should be here in early July, Jeremy. Keep us posted. :)

Kathie, it was  miracle, neither our son nor his next door neighbors were hurt.  The insulation plus several decades' worth of dust & grod came down with the tree limb, plus whatever occurs with the weather before the insurance people can get plywood up there to cover the hole.  We're waiting to hear back from the engineer whether it will be repairable before DH takes him back in the truck to get his stuff.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Kathie, it was  miracle, neither our son nor his next door neighbors were hurt.  The insulation plus several decades' worth of dust & grod came down with the tree limb, plus whatever occurs with the weather before the insurance people can get plywood up there to cover the hole.  We're waiting to hear back from the engineer whether it will be repairable before DH takes him back in the truck to get his stuff.

I hope it isn't asbestos insulation. Even if it is repairable, it's going to take a while to get the place habitable. I think I'd have already packed him up and moved him out. 

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

I hope it isn't asbestos insulation. Even if it is repairable, it's going to take a while to get the place habitable. I think I'd have already packed him up and moved him out. 

I hope not, as well.  We didn't have the truck, or we would have done so.  As it is, he's here in AL until we know if the house is salvageable; because if it's not, we'll be house hunting for him in P'cola.

Meantime, whilst I'm washing all the dirty clothes the menfolks have taken the car to the dealership to get the brake worked on that went wonky yesterday on our way home.  If it's not one *!!* thing, it's another *!!* thing.

Spent most of the day yesterday getting ready for our newest furbaby. DS1 and I will be picking up Ziva this morning...she's a 12 week old Maine Coon kitten.  I am beyond excited; it's been almost 20 years since I was able to have a kitty. If I can get my computer and my camera to work together I will post a picture of her.

• Like 1

I got back from Miami this afternoon. 

It was a 7 1/2 hour ride down, with a 2nd trip from our Ft. Lauderdale hotel to the hospice one of our brother's mother is at.  She wasn't doing well, as was expected.  I rode back to the hotel solo.  It was nice getting some sleep after a 43 hour day.  The night before the ride, my DD #2 woke up and started fussing the moment my head hit the pillow.  I was up half the night with her and the rest of the night tossing and turning.

On Saturday, we met up with about 100 of our riding buddies and rode to South Beach.  Movies and photos don't do it justice.  So much art Deco and neon everywhere, it was eye candy galore.  On the way there, we were in stop-and-go traffic on the main byway that runs along the canal for the port of Miami.  For some time, we rode along side a HUGE Norwegian Cruise line ship that was under way.  It was like watching a building move.  I think our rumbling caught the attention of the passengers.  At first there wasn't any signs of life on the ship, but after about 5 minutes, there were crowds on most of the decks waving in our direction and taking pictures.  When we got to the main strip, more crowds on the streets were filming us with their cell phones.  I counted 4 Lamborghinis, 3 Ferraris, a Maserati and countless other classic cars.  I had a drink called "Call a Cab" while I was there.  It was fun, but the weather for today was cold, rainy and getting colder, so we called it an early night (around midnight) and hit the road at 5 a.m. this morning.  It was a great trip.

After the past four days of The Kid fighting off the effects of breathing the "stuff" that came down with his roof & ceiling we finally have him on the mend.  Jeremy, you wore me out just reading bout your life.

Holly, I'm glad your son is getting over the physical effects of this disaster. I hope he is he coping with the emotional side of it, too.

Jeremy, today was the worst day this season because of the cold air and rain. I don't think Ft Lauderdale broke 55F today. Simply miserable. Glad you got out when you did.  The reason no one was on deck waving at you initially was because of the mandatory emergency drill which all passagers and crew must participate in prior to leaving port. Once that's over, the partying starts.  Also, it's a good thing you weren't here last week as we women kinda closed I-395 last week during our rally/march.

• Like 1

Doing a Happy skippety whohooo dance right Now, sweet hubby brought me one of those cute little 3D printerns, perfect size, ie a M3D printer and I am riht Now just breaking it in with a quick rum of a mini...

only choose the fastest way to print actually so I expert there Will be some bumps in the printer sides. Will share when it is Done. I actually found a half scale bathroom set and am doing the smallest piece (a compact toilet seat without the tank part)

it calculated it talong a full your or so, but looks like it might be a faster process as we are allready at 75%

hugs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Doing a Happy skippety whohooo dance right Now, sweet hubby brought me one of those cute little 3D printerns, perfect size, ie a M3D printer and I am riht Now just breaking it in with a quick rum of a mini...

only choose the fastest way to print actually so I expert there Will be some bumps in the printer sides. Will share when it is Done. I actually found a half scale bathroom set and am doing the smallest piece (a compact toilet seat without the tank part)

it calculated it talong a full your or so, but looks like it might be a faster process as we are allready at 75%

hugs

Just make sure the table it is sitting on is very steady. Any shaking will mess up your piece.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Sable, I have started knitting P**** hats.  It takes me a few days with my osteoarthritis, but if you would like one PM me your snail mail.

LOL Holly.  I need my sun hat to keep the sun off of me. As much as I support the cause, it is just not practical here. I have a shirt. If I lived up north I would definitely take you up in it. Thank you for thinking of me.  

It's so refreshing to get in here at Greenleaf Community and hear what everyone is doing. Facebook is so full of politics that I don't even want to open it!  :badmood:

My sweet mother is slowly declining. It's been 4 years since she was diagnosed with Stage Four Kidney Disease and it really is a miracle she is still with us - no pain, no dialysis. She wants to go through all her stuff now, to save me the effort later, so we have been clearing out her office area. However, her energy level is very low and I am now going through everything myself.  She has worked in printing and publishing since graduating from college in the 1940's, and still has that printshop-manager mentality - file this for later; keep those extra pages we may need them; here's another 50 boxes of ___ for later use; these 5-million things are used, but can be recycled; and so on! So I am slowly culling through the good, the bad, and the ugly. 

Also working on updating my website; and spending HOURS learning, learning, learning! :coffee:

I have opened a box of one mini project, took things out to be admired - then closed it up again so I don't lose anything.  One of these days I will be able to get back to it ... 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CheckMouse said:

It's so refreshing to get in here at Greenleaf Community and hear what everyone is doing. Facebook is so full of politics that I don't even want to open it! 

This. I just deactivated my Facebook account for this very reason.

So sorry to hear about your MIL. Mine recently broke her hip. It's so hard to watch them decline, and to see the emotions DH goes through. Prayers to you and your family.

• Like 1

Spent most of the day yesterday getting ready for our newest furbaby. DS1 and I will be picking up Ziva this morning...she's a 12 week old Maine Coon kitten.  I am beyond excited; it's been almost 20 years since I was able to have a kitty. If I can get my computer and my camera to work together I will post a picture of her.

Oh Sarah- I LOVE Maine Coons!!  I am a Maine Coon Grandma: my daughters both have Maine Coons (Bean, Buzz and Molly).  :)  Looking forward to seeing photos! 

• Like 1