What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I like this thread - a chance to catch up with my Greenleaf family after an absence.

Sable - you have my deepest empathy with the skin cancer - I have had a bunch of it, too. Fortunately most of mine is on my back and hands, but I've had several surgeries to remove it. Not fun.

Kathie - my mother's name is Norma Jean, though she dropped the "Norma" in high school. 

I haven't been on here much lately - and I know it's been too long when I have to "log in" again. :(  I am still trying to make my miniature business support us (lots of time and work) and still working at my job as a Product Demonstrator, and still taking care of my mother.  At least DH is staying home now and is a huge help. He is a licensed caregiver, and he takes care of Mother while I work; otherwise I would have had to quit my job as she really can't be left alone anymore for more than a few hours. He also has become quite the chef!  What a surprise! I stay out of the kitchen when he wants to cook - his style is polar-opposite of mine, but he's turned out some pretty good dishes:  curried chicken, his own invention of a chowder/gumbo which is delicious, and a few other things. He started this when he was living with our daughter in Nebraska and neither parent had time to cook for the kids. Of course, he still hasn't learned to scale it down for 3 senior citizens so there is enough to put in the freezer for later.  

Well, my ME time is over, coffee cup is empty - gotta go fix Mother's breakfast. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stockholm was the place for one of those attack with a truck driving into the masses earlier today, there are Deaths and serveras people injured and we sort of gathering around this as a nation right Now. 

Just wanted check in and to let you know.  

Hugs

16 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Oh, Anna!  How terrifying!  The world just gets scarier and scarier every day...

I know. As it seems they have arrested a person as of Now. LOTs of saftey measures are taking place all aroun the country. Scarrey to sy the least, yet the spirit amongst people is ost definitley defiant (sp?) and unbroken.

hugs

1 hour ago, Anna said:

I know. As it seems they have arrested a person as of Now. LOTs of saftey measures are taking place all aroun the country. Scarrey to sy the least, yet the spirit amongst people is ost definitley defiant (sp?) and unbroken.

hugs

One of my favorite TV PSAs that ran after 9/11/01 was the one where there was a neighborhood street scene and the voice-over said that the terrorists wanted to frighten and demoralize us; and the next scene was the same neighborhood street, except every house had a flag flying out in front.  Whatever terrorists might try to do to demoralize people, all they're doing is making us angry.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2017, 4:35:03, Anna said:

hugs

So sorry Anna, I saw this on the news and am so sorry for the people of Sweden. I'm glad you are ok.

Meh, got a text today reminding me of my dentist appointment tomorrow morning.. it's just a cleaning but I always stress out that they are going to find "something" that's going to hurt both me and my hip pocket. :ermm:

Like clockwork, April 15 and the Peenie Wallies have reappeared. Peenie Wallies are a firefly or lightning bug which came to south Florida via the Caribbean.  It still amazes me that you can't see a true picture of one if you Google it. It has two green lights, like headlights unlike other fireflies whose light is on its tail. Saw the first one tonight so it must be April 15, ok one day off. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sable said:

Had part 1 of my nose reconstruction surgery this morning. Currently wasted on pain meds. My head is completely wrapped in gauze. I look very scary right now. 

I wish I could deliver this {HUG!} to you in person.  I think you are beautiful in your courage to go through this and come out better than before.

3 hours ago, Sable said:

Had part 1 of my nose reconstruction surgery this morning. Currently wasted on pain meds. My head is completely wrapped in gauze. I look very scary right now. 

Sending hugs and healing thoughts, Sable! Enjoy the pain meds - the silver lining, right! :crazyeyes:

On 4/18/2017, 9:19:57, Sable said:

Sable, hope by now the pain has subsided. Don't worry about looking scary. The alternative is even scarier. Sending warm, fluffy hugs and many good wishes.

Finally got the San Fran finished and packed off to its destination-- double-walled boxes and loads of packing peanuts-- hope it makes it OK. :ermm: My next house will be a Tennyson-- my customer wants it in pink like my first Tennyson.

Back to stitching on my EPP millefiori quilt; a couple weeks ago I went to Joann's and got some wide-backed fabric and some batting. Probably a wee bit premature :p but that's OK.

Hit a thrift shop today. Found a small stash of men's breast pocket display handkerchiefs that will make  nice draperies or upholstery fabric, some  tiny glass jars filled with finely ground minerals for the doctor's home office in the Beacon Hill, and a pair of oval earrings that have a head portrait of a lady with an ornate frame that will go into the Beacon Hill as portraits. Or maybe one will go into the BH and the other into the Pierce/Bohemian Inn. 

• Like 1

DH & I took the Kid & the bikes to Milton and rode part of the Black River Heritage Trail.  The pitcher plants are in bloom, and the State has planted magnolia trees along the trail and they were coming into bloom.  In addition the buttercups, violets and periwinkles were a riot of color along the verges.  Sable, I wish  you  could have ridden with us!

2 hours ago, Sable said:

I had the sutures removed today from the first nose surgery. The second surgery to fine tune everything is scheduled for May 16. Such a slow process!

Hope you heal quickly Sable. Surgery is no fun.