What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

6 hours ago, Samusa said:

He insisted, and I wasn't going to prevaricate twice... 30 minutes later I was back at the restaurant with 6 Bespaq dining chairs, a Bespaq bed and two JBM tub chairs with cane side panels... He sat at the bar and drank German beer while I shopped... What a guy!

No kidding!  He's a keeper.:)  What a great day!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Well, it took more than 7 hours, but I stopped several times to stretch my legs. The driving is easy; it's the sitting in one position for hours that's the killer.

On the bright side, I looked at 5 houses on Thursday and put in an offer on one. The universe (and a couple of recently dearly departed souls. I think) are moving me along this path. Every time I come up with a "but what/how ...?" obstacle, the answer reveals itself. Have contacted a property management agency in NOLA about managing the condo. I know it will be a hard sell, but as my nephew pointed out, renting it means mailbox money that will pay the mortgage on the new house. :) 

The Beacon Hill, Pottery Shop and Haunted Hangout are happy in their new storage unit, but they won't be there for long!

Feeling blessed in Georgia.

That is so exciting, Kathie! Congratulations on your new home and your new adventure! Make sure you take note of the room size so while you wait for closing to happen you can be planning your new studio space!

6 hours ago, Samusa said:

I hear you all on the futzing.. work's been busy for me lately so I've been slacking on the San Franciscan.. but I haven't been slacking on mini online shopping! This futzing habit has caused my credit card to take a hit! :D

Luckily I've been picking up some overtime shifts at work to offset my online shopping spree. :rolleyes:

Today, my husband and I took a drive to Mt Tamborine (we rarely get a day off together so when we do, it's date day. :) ). We had lunch at the Bavarian restaurant because he loves German food and then he suggested I visit Custom Dollhouse because it was literally down the street from the restaurant. :D I said no no no.. I've been spending a bit online lately, I don't need to go in there. He insisted, and I wasn't going to prevaricate twice... 30 minutes later I was back at the restaurant with 6 Bespaq dining chairs, a Bespaq bed and two JBM tub chairs with cane side panels... He sat at the bar and drank German beer while I shopped... What a guy!:cloud9:

Go through ebates you get a little back on eBay purchases.   I've been doing that for a while now.   Might not reach the 1000 mark, but a few dollars here and there helps.  There are other online stores that work with Ebates too.  I get big hunks back through sears and wallyworld purchases 

4 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

That is so exciting, Kathie! Congratulations on your new home and your new adventure! Make sure you take note of the room size so while you wait for closing to happen you can be planning your new studio space!

LOL ... have already designated which room will be the craft room, plus there is a two-car garage, so room for "dirty" workspace, too. Woke up this morning mentally placing my furniture. The most fun part will be getting the art collection up on the walls. :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

LOL ... have already designated which room will be the craft room, plus there is a two-car garage, so room for "dirty" workspace, too. Woke up this morning mentally placing my furniture. The most fun part will be getting the art collection up on the walls. :) 

Did Lloyd ever finish his papermache sculpture?

27 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Did Lloyd ever finish his papermache sculpture?

Nearly. A few finishing touches are pinned in place, need to be glued. I know what he wanted and can finish it. How to move it will be a real challenge.

The Kid's house is supposed to be ready to move back in today, so we took him out for a seafood dinner at Fisherman's Corner in Perdido Key, FL.  We'll pack his stuff into the truck this weekend and take him home to Tallahassee Monday, staying long enough to get him moved in and to replace his old fridge and anything else that didn't make it into storage in time.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

Welcome to Atlanta Kathie! Can't wait to see you! :)

Gosh, the opportunity for a real mini play date ... :clap: My house is in Hiram ... where are you?

I am in McDonough, so only an hour away! Hooray! And miniature designs is an hour from each of us. Ever since you mentioned moving, I've been checking their class list to see what classes we can take. I can't wait. :)

And the Atlanta Mini show is in less than 2 months!

Let me know if you need anything.

School started today, or so I heard. This is the first time in 13 years I haven't been in a school or had to talk to a teacher for work, so that was weird.

But even weirder, it's the first time in 20 years I haven't had a kid to send to school! Wow. Except for the whole college thing. The baby moves away in less than 2 weeks, yikes. Middle kid is still home, his school is only 25 minutes away. So no empty nest yet. But my oldest submitted her application today to go back to school (she graduated last August), so now all three of my kids are in college. Their schools are VSU, GSU, and GSW. Talk about some possible confusion! Haha!

• Like 1

Well, there houses contents are packed, except one. My first build, the Newberg will not be packed until he actually retired. 

I'm starting to feel this is all a big lie from him and the kids to make me clear out the front room.  Funny part, there's less space now with all the different boxes everywhere.  I managed to actually box 3 of the smaller houses.  I'm debating on the half scale, one size is a fraction too small, the bigger one is way to big..  the bungalow is glued to it's base. I'm not going to risk breaking the little house by taking it off.

We set off this AM to take DS#3 home to Tallahassee and as we were preparing to pull off after breakfast just before leaving Pensacola DH called the contractor to let him know we were coming.  The house is "not quite" ready.  So we headed back to the house to await him to call when it IS "quite" ready!

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

We set off this AM to take DS#3 home to Tallahassee and as we were preparing to pull off after breakfast just before leaving Pensacola DH called the contractor to let him know we were coming.  The house is "not quite" ready.  So we headed back to the house to await him to call when it IS "quite" ready!

Doesn't that just fry your bacon! Hope it doesn't take much longer.

All the paperwork for purchase of the new house seems to be in order, so I'm heading back to NOLA tomorrow. I hope all goes as smoothly there as it did here. Can I be that lucky? <typing with crossed fingers> :D 

Oh, good for you, Kathie!  Although with both Lloyd AND Gloria helping you from Heaven, I can't see anything but success in all this.  Safe trips forth & back, and do PM me with your snail mail once you're settled in.  I'd love to come help you get settled into your new digs, but this mess with DS#3 is definitely wearing my patience thin!  It's Tallahassee, an old N FL town with a swelled notion of its importance (its the State Capital), so everything takes ten times longer to get approved.

We are back from our vacation in Colorado!  :wave:  The scenery was AMAZING and the wedding we attending was very nice.  

DH was so kind to drive me downtown Denver to visit the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls & Toys.  As we walked into one of the rooms, almost completely filled with an enormous dollhouse, DH turns to me and says "Don't you EVER bring home a house this big!"  :eek:  LOL  He also paid me quite the compliment: several times he commented that a particular house or room box could use my rehabbing skills. Made me feel pretty good! :ohyeah:   

I bought a beautiful little china place setting at the gift shop.  My only mini purchase on this trip. 

Will post pics of the museum soon!

• Like 3

I've put my "accounting hat" back on to fill out the forms for my BIL's estate recap for Clark County, NV. I'm really upset with the tax guy we hired in FL. Back in April I sent him everything to file an extension with the IRS for the 1041 return. He forgot to do it!!!!! Major penalties! There are remedies to this which requires more forms to be filed so hopefully we can recoup some of the penalties plus I plan to file a complaint with the state.

Sweltering in this heat wave. The only good (?) thing about this is we're getting all that smoke from the BC fires and that's deflecting the temperatures a little, like maybe a degree or so. But it's supposed to be close to 100 today. I know that doesn't seem hot to a lot of you, but we just don't get those temps this often and no one is acclimated to them.

5 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

Fornyour area that is really really hot! I live I. The desert of So Cal and we are having such high humidity - it's terrible and this week lightening and thunder - thought I woke up this week in Florida!

Where in SOCA?  Humidity?  Wow.  Never saw a humid day until I left the state in 73

• Like 1