What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Both my stepfather & my mother had their ashes scattered at sea, and in the case of the former I was the designated scatterer, with the box in one hand and prayer book with the burial service in the other.  I was praying for y'all to have excellent weather and water conditions.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Both my stepfather & my mother had their ashes scattered at sea, and in the case of the former I was the designated scatterer, with the box in one hand and prayer book with the burial service in the other.  I was praying for y'all to have excellent weather and water conditions.

Thank you Holly. This was different than scattering ashes.  It was full body in a casket. She didn't want to be cremated, at all!

My son has been out of town for two months and thought his electric bill had been paid. Nope. And now the account is closed. So, I went over to his condo to check things out. I can't begin to describe how disgusting the fridge/freezer was.  Another good cleaning and it should be completely sanitized. Kids!

1 hour ago, Sable said:

My son has been out of town for two months and thought his electric bill had been paid. Nope. And now the account is closed. So, I went over to his condo to check things out. I can't begin to describe how disgusting the fridge/freezer was.  Another good cleaning and it should be completely sanitized. Kids!

Yuck. Hope the odor goes away. Lots of refrigerators end up curbside after a lengthy power outage.

43 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I have all the fingers on both hands crossed for you, Lawanda.  There are some really nice old homes south of US90, and some nice newer ones to the north.

The listing said the one we looked at was built in 2000.  I'll TRY to put a link here. 

Check out this property I found using Trulia's real estate app:
https://www.trulia.com//property/3276306390

Download the Trulia Mobile App Now!
http://on.trulia.com/app_e

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Oh, man, Lawanda. I'd have made an offer on that beauty before leaving town! It's really a dollhouse for your dollhouses. :) 

Have to sell the house in warrensburg before we can do much of anything.  Kids were living in it.  Now we need to fix it up a little then get it on the market.

That's a gorgeous house for that price! Im so used to DC and Chicago prices. It kind of makes me teary eyed to see what you can get in other places. Josh and I are laying the plans to buy a small weekend lake house. It's so hard to not want to put an offer in on one now! 

No mini work this week :( Im working furiously on my friend's Guardian of the Galaxy Starlord pants to get them done in time for Dragoncon. I had to make my own corduroy by pin tucking fabric. I can never seem to get away from pleating when it comes to his projects lol. Its a labor of love though. He's like a little brother to me so I always enjoy making things for him even when they are ridiculous ...like pants that require 5 fabrics! :D 

Isn't it strange that you can't find corduroy any more.  When I did my first house I used it for carpet.   I had gone into a now closed cafe for lunch and liked their carpet pattern.  Went to Michael's a couple of days later and there it was in mini.  Corduroy, in the remnants bin

I was able to fine some narrow wale cord but it was in the wrong colors and I needed wide wale. If it were 30 years ago, we'd be swimming in choices!

We tried ordering some upholstery cord but it wound up being the totally wrong color so I have to send that back. Im a stickler for screen accuracy (which is why we always work together) so while the wale was right I just couldnt do the color difference. Just like in minis, sometimes you have to get creative to get what you want!

We drove to SC today to see the eclipse. My town got about 96% obstruction, but it wasn't too far to go for totality. And then we went a little further to get in the middle. It was so amazing. We had almost 3 minutes, and seeing and hearing all the nature changes was really cool. Plus we got to see Venus and Jupiter in the day time! And, the bonus, is I got one really awesome picture of the sun's corona. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

We only got 80% here, and at our house the clouds socked in with thunder from just before 1PM to 3PM, CST.

We had 75%. Sun managed to avoid most of the puffy clouds. I didn't have glasses but my Luddite heart recalled the pinhole in paper method from a previous eclipse, which made it possible to follow the progress. A small group of us gathered in the courtyard to mark the occasion.

Mobile also had clear enough skies for viewing the eclipse, the School of Math and Science's viewing party made the local news.  In fact, on the weather radar, our little piece of Baldwin County showed up with the only clouds to speak of.

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

We had 75%. Sun managed to avoid most of the puffy clouds. I didn't have glasses but my Luddite heart recalled the pinhole in paper method from a previous eclipse, which made it possible to follow the progress. A small group of us gathered in the courtyard to mark the occasion.

I used a colander. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I tried to set my telescope up so it would reflect the sun's light on to a screen, but it didn't work. But the people sitting next to me had an extra set of glasses, so I was able to watch the whole eclipse anyway. We were at 92% and it didn't get nearly as dark as I thought it would. It just sort of dimmed down a little. But I had fun. And I"m hooked. I plan on seeing both the 2024 eclipse and the one in 2045 (so I'll be in my hundreds, so what?).

There's a place in Arkansas where totality for both eclipses cross. I might have to move there.

On Sunday, August 20, 2017 8:12:12, L Swearengin said:

The listing said the one we looked at was built in 2000.  I'll TRY to put a link here. 

Check out this property I found using Trulia's real estate app:
https://www.trulia.com//property/3276306390

Download the Trulia Mobile App Now!
http://on.trulia.com/app_e

Lawanda, you're going to kill me, but I know what plan that house is built from. LOL

• Like 1

I've been busy with the County Fair season again.  Tomorrow I start the one in Bremerton, which is the fourth one this month. Have a few days off and then the granddaddy of them all - the Washington State Fair in Puyallup - begins. I'll be working for two companies again this year, so will have very little time off. My knee is still giving me trouble, since my stumble (I did NOT fall!) in May. But I'm off the walker and can get along with a cane now. Much easier at work!  Looking at knee replacement surgery sometime in the near future. Have to work through the Fair season though - that's the best money-maker of the year, with the 12-13 hour days. 

Planning to do the Portland Miniature Show October 1st - then I can slow down.  I think building another dollhouse would be good therapy for a healing knee!