What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Lawanda, here did that quote come from?  I know I never made that post, and I just went back through the posts for that date and it isn't there.  When I opened this box to replay, there was a piece of another post that I never made.  My computer is wierding me out!

Holly, that happens to me now and then as well, odd quotes showing up in reply frames. It's annoying but the problem seems to resolve itself after a couple of posts. I don't think it's your computer, more likely a forum software glitch.

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Holly, that happens to me now and then as well, odd quotes showing up in reply frames. It's annoying but the problem seems to resolve itself after a couple of posts. I don't think it's your computer, more likely a forum software glitch.

Our computer has been acting up, and it has been a while since the forum endured one of its "upgrqades", so I never know.

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Lawanda, here did that quote come from?  I know I never made that post, and I just went back through the posts for that date and it isn't there.  When I opened this box to replay, there was a piece of another post that I never made.  My computer is wierding me out!

My phone does it.  I said it gets stuck and I can't figure out how to clear it.  It's done it as few times.  Sorry

29 minutes ago, minikelli said:

Just a quick prayer request! In addition, that perhaps Fate can lay off my family -- b/c I'm not too sure how much more I can take...

Prayers said and hugs sent. I cannot imagine how difficult this all is for you. You are a very strong person deep inside and you will make it through. Let others share the load with you to ease the pain. Shared pain is always lightened by the link with others . :console: 

• Like 1

Selkie, when I typed that I thought my mom was having a heart attack. Thankfully just got a call that it may just be her gallbladder, and that those symptoms can perfectly mimic a heart attack. Just waiting for her ultrasounds to be read. Thank you though!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, minikelli said:

Selkie, when I typed that I thought my mom was having a heart attack. Thankfully just got a call that it may just be her gallbladder, and that those symptoms can perfectly mimic a heart attack. Just waiting for her ultrasounds to be read. Thank you though!!!

Your whole family is under so much stress right now. We've had that walk before and I know how scary and stressful it is. Find comfort in the things that you love and pop on here to keep us in the loop if you have the time. Glad to lift you up in prayer. We all need each other.

• Like 2

Alright, it's a bit past 3am here but home now. Even the EMT's thought she was having a heart attack in the ambulance, but in getting to the hospital after getting ultrasounds done she was found to have a "major" gallstone. She's on a restricted diet for the time being, until she can schedule surgery. Just know through all of my CPR certifications she was literally a textbook case of heart attack symptoms, and scared me to no end!

• Like 3

Thank goodness, Kelli! 

Today is the last day before the movers arrive. Not much left to do besides packing up the bedroom, which consists mainly of boxing up clothes and shoes. Then to comb the place for overlooked odds and ends, clean out the little that's left in the refrigerator, do a major run to the dumpster, pack the car, and take myself out for dinner. :) 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, minikelli said:

Alright, it's a bit past 3am here but home now. Even the EMT's thought she was having a heart attack in the ambulance, but in getting to the hospital after getting ultrasounds done she was found to have a "major" gallstone. She's on a restricted diet for the time being, until she can schedule surgery. Just know through all of my CPR certifications she was literally a textbook case of heart attack symptoms, and scared me to no end!

I am so glad to hear it was not a heart attack.  I had gallbladder surgery last year and thought I was having a heart attack as well.  Hope your mom can have the surgery soon.  It is so easy now, just 3 small incisions and it's out.  Recup time is around a week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

In Nursing School my surgical observation was a laparoscopic cholecystectomy; three little bandaids when it was over.

You're dating yourself, Holly. Now it's super glue instead of band-aids. :D 

• Like 2

Nearly everything is boxed or wrapped or tied. Trash has been removed but for one last bag. Car is packed. Movers said they'd be here between 8 and 10 am. It is now 9 am. Relaxing with a nice cup of water. :) 

• Like 1

The movers left around 3:30. I tried to convince them to take some of my boxes to the next drop-off, but they insisted I had to take what they'd picked up from me. Bruisingly hot unloading process, and I had to be out there with them to check off the inventory numbers. Back at my sister's now for a shower and a nap. Tomorrow the unpacking begins in earnest, at a modest pace befitting my advanced age. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

The movers left around 3:30. I tried to convince them to take some of my boxes to the next drop-off, but they insisted I had to take what they'd picked up from me. Bruisingly hot unloading process, and I had to be out there with them to check off the inventory numbers. Back at my sister's now for a shower and a nap. Tomorrow the unpacking begins in earnest, at a modest pace befitting my advanced age. :) 

That's awesome, Kathie! Now you can take your time with the rest... Oh! Did you ever get the water service situation worked out?

3 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

That's awesome, Kathie! Now you can take your time with the rest... Oh! Did you ever get the water service situation worked out?

The water problem was solved quickly.  The "nap" I took lasted 3-1/2 hours. I think I was tired. :D Tomorrow sis and I will tackle the kitchen. There's a small mountain of kitchen boxes, but a lot of it is space taken up by packing material. Did I mention that I had 13 or 14 13-gal. plastic bags filled with shredded paper that I used to cushion breakables? Not to mention reams of large newsprint. The sheer volume of packing materials makes the chore seem even more daunting than it probably really is.

• Like 1

Congratulations on making there with all your belongings. Can't wait to see some pictures of your new place. I'll bet it's wonderful!

You should have no need for a strict timetable now that you are all in one place. Take it a a reasonable pace so you don't end up doing things twice. I find if I hurry scurry through those kinds of situations, I end up re-doing things that I didn't take time to really think through the first time around.

All that said, I'll bet, because you are very organized, that you have floorplans already drawn up for each room in your new place.