What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Amen! I'm assuming that you are not driving while attempting all of these gymnastics. Talk about distracted driving! I shudder to think about it.

Indeed!!! It's been shown that all the fiddly things on the dashboards of new cars are causing people to have more accidents! I've never made a call while driving. If I needed to make a call, I'd pull over and stop. It's just the sensible thing to do, why play with fate?

When we're on the rod and the phone rings the passenger is the designated phone person, and if the caller wants to speak to the driver they are told to call back later (guesstimating what time we'll be making a stop).

• Like 1

I hate seeing people use cell phones behind the wheel! One time my mom and I got rear-ended near my high school when this teenage girl was so distracted driving she actually threw both hands in the air and started screaming. She wasn't steering, wasn't braking...yeah, that was fun.

We are on our way down to Cordele, Ga to meet my daughter and grandson to do the Day Out with Thomas, and ride Thomas the Train. I always wanted to take my youngest son, as he loved Thomas when he was little. So I'm pretty excited. It is a beautiful day out.

Then he is coming back with us, and staying at my mom's house for the week.

My two nephews came by this afternoon to move the desk from the office to the craft room, and while they were here they kindly hung three pictures that were too high or too heavy (or both) for me to handle on my own. I'd say only about 15% of the boxes are left to open, maybe less. The pile of broken down packing boxes is swelling!

Now that the desk is moved, the furniture on both rooms is pretty much what it's going to be, so I can get on with hanging artwork and organizing supplies.

• Like 1

Made a safe trip from the house in Missouri to Newell, WV, then Roanoke VA, then on to Kentucky (In laws).  Daughter wanted to visit her Aunt and family.   Best meal we had the entire trip. (I am so over McDonald's).  Back at the house tonight. Daughter and granddaughter head to kansas city in the morning. Had a great time 

11 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

...Holly, sorry your day got washed out. I imagine that's the rain we are forecast to get tomorrow.

So was I, but we ate Middle Eastern Friday at Gallery Night and Italian yesterday, so it was probably for the best!

• Like 1

The other night one of the smoke detectors started beeping for absolutely no reason in the middle of the night. DH wound up pulling the whole thing out of the ceiling. We decided it was time to replace them all anyway, so today I held the heavy duty flashlight for Dh while he commenced changing the smoke detectors. Three more sitting in boxes waiting to be done tomorrow.

Sigh. Today was a day. This morning I found an issue with our new ticketing system that I am in charge of getting ready. Trainings with the schools starts Monday. And right now suddenly a good number of users are not in the system. They were Monday. So after I spent a while trying to find the pattern on who was and wasn't in there (I couldn't figure it out), I took an early, short lunch. Headed to another location about noon to get some equipment, and then the car wouldn't start for the trip back. Luckily I was close to my mom's, and she won't need her car tomorrow. Got back to my office close to 4. Finally got an email sent to the vendor of the ticketing system a little after 5. (at least I think I might have found at least part of the pattern, so I got that accomplished)

So tomorrow we'll need to get the car towed, and then figure out how to pay for it. :(

I'm ready for bed.

Not to be completely blah... I did get to see my grandson for a couple minutes today. When we took my stepdad home after him bringing the car for us to borrow.

When I walked in his eyes got big and he gasped and said, "Look grandma! Noni is here!" So that was sweet. But he had a fever and was laying on the sofa pitiful watching Mickey Mouse. So that was sad.

Grazhe, when our smoke detectors beep it's been because their batteries are dead or dying.

Yesterday we drove up to Opp, AL, for their annual Scarecrows in the Park, which is a lot of fun.  The last time we went there were also scarecrows over on the island, but when we got over there we didn't see any.  We did, however, see an armadillo do something I have never seen any armadillo do before; this one stood all the way up on its hind legs to sniff the air to figure out what we were; and then it got back down on all fours and casually wandered off into the woods.  We are starting to get occasional Fall weather, and yesterday was one gorgeous, cool day.

That's cool Holly, I love American wildlife.. so interesting and better than the snakes and spiders we have. :) 

I went and got a haircut that was long overdue.. I asked for a trim and came out with a "Rachel" from Friends... The 1990s called they want their hairstyle back!.:pullhair:

Samantha, I have been in that hair situation many times, I live in fear for the day our hairdresser (DH and I go to the same lady) retires. She has been cutting his hair since before we were married almost 23 years ago.

Well, I stumbled into a job yesterday. Our local Ace hardware had a sign in the window, I inquired yesterday, interviewed and got the job in about 20 minutes. First shift was 3-8. I'm pinching myself this morning because it seems to be too perfect.

• Like 2

congrats Sarah on your new job.  I dread the hairdresser also, that is why I only let my daughter in law cut it now lol.  Yesterday and today my daughter and I sort and ship custom made shirts for her friend.  Her little girl had cancer 2 years ago ( 6yrs old) and now raise money for Childhood Cancer.  It broke my heart when I saw a tiny little shirt that would fit a 1 year old.  It said I survived chemo.  

I have spent ages on Pinterest trying to find them with no luck.

I did find am interesting turorial on making cloth dollhouse people though

And....drum roll please .... Jeannine got some pictures of her woodcutter house on here today..on my Red Riding Hood topic. I feel drained and I still don't know how I did it but I did.