What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

On 11/30/2017, 8:38:03, SewMini said:

In other fun news, I tracked down not one but TWO sets of the extremely hard to find 12 Days of Harry Potter Christmas Socks advent calendar at Target. In addition to my own personal HP nerdery Im also a member of a HP themed running group (turns out the prospect of getting multiple HP themed medals is extremely motivating!). The whole group has been totally gaga over these sock advent calendars because you cant buy them online, you cant schedule them for pick up at your local Target and each store only gets, at most, two sets a day. I found some for myself over Thanksgiving but had a stroke of luck last night and saw another set which I immediately snatched up for my good friend and fellow Hufflepuff in AZ. I was so excited to track down that second set because she had absolutely no luck finding them. 

HP socks, WHAT?  Now I have to find them for my daughter.  I was just at a Target at lunch time but didn't see them.  I will stop at another store on my way home.

• Like 1

The upside down trees may be hard to adjust to, but I can see their practicality in a household with small critters, both the two- and four-legged kind and/or limited floor space in a furniture-filled room. Me, I'm settling for a tabletop tree. :) 

• Like 1

Years ago I saw a mid sized upside down tree , it may have been pink cant remember but I was so impressed, because after it was decorated with swags and ornaments it looked very much like a chandelier. it was hanging in a store window. But when I looked for images today online, nothing impressed me so that tree must have been very special

5 hours ago, Debora59 said:

Years ago I saw a mid sized upside down tree , it may have been pink cant remember but I was so impressed, because after it was decorated with swags and ornaments it looked very much like a chandelier. it was hanging in a store window. But when I looked for images today online, nothing impressed me so that tree must have been very special

If you want special, check out these upside down trees!

I crossed the border today finally to pick up some doll molds , new electric blanket and a couple of miniatures and I posted stuff to folks that I had promised to post to.

Miserable rainy day but very cheerful  border officials both ways, in fact the US one was a hoot. He asked why we were going and my daughter who was driving today said "she is picking up doll house stuff," the official said "what sort of stuff does she pick up "and my daughter told him "dollhouses, furniture, wallpaper etc etc", meanwhile I am in the other seat saying" I am not picking up houses today, "The official was clearly interested and asked my daughter "does she sell them," she answered "heck no," he asked what I did with them and she said she builds them and keeps  them," he then asked "just how many and how much stuff does she have "my darling daughter actually said .: "have you ever seen the show hoarders!!"

Ah said the official with a very knowing look on his face," I see,  have a nice day!!"

The cheek of the pair of them my house is very well-organized and I don't hoard!!!!!!!

Oh Holly you put that so well, we could make a bumper sticker out of it

It was a good trip though as the home official was very nice too , he asked what we had bought  but didn't ask me how much we had paid  so no duty or taxes, bless his heart,as we drove home thinking about  I could have done back flips...

9 hours ago, Jeannine said:

The cheek of the pair of them my house is very well-organized and I don't hoard!!!!!!!

You only tease the ones you love.  Consider yourself well loved. :D 

• Like 1

Started working out in preparation for our February Ski trip today... starting a bit late this year so I need to step it up in earnest... ugh, it was 28 degrees (82f) and one thousand percent humid at 7am... I. hate. working. out.:dog:

Today we're taking DS#2 (the family photographer and computer tech whiz) to help us shop for a new computer to replace the poor pitiful piece of junk we got less than five years ago (our first laptop lasted over ten years before viruses ate it; this is at least our third).  They are leaving Wednesday so he can run a 5K and she a half-marathon in NOLA later this week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

WHOOP!!!   Just might get me some kibbeth this weekend!!    Mr. (Not so) sociable and I are headed SOUTH  on Friday for a couple of days

kibbeth? kibbeh? You're headed to the south Levant? <searching for the translate button>

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

kibbeth? kibbeh? You're headed to the south Levant? <searching for the translate button>

I betcha they're headed for Ocean Springs and the Phoenicia!  Since DS#2 & his wife are headed out tomorrow to run races in NOLA this weekend, we suggested they stop there for lunch.

• Like 1

Getting ready to cross the border again probably tomorrow, apparently there are 6 packages waiting for me to pick up, one from HBS with the new house for RRH's parents  and of course some other in with it, one with the big house from e bay, a leather apron to use for doll shoes and upholstery and two boxes of dollhouse molds  but I can't for the life of me think what the 6th one is. Merry Christmas to me

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I betcha they're headed for Ocean Springs and the Phoenicia!  Since DS#2 & his wife are headed out tomorrow to run races in NOLA this weekend, we suggested they stop there for lunch.

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

Bingo Holly!!!

Of course! Why didn't I think of that. I still salivate at the thought of our lunches there. :D 

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

Then the Greek restaurant in Biloxi.   I so need a Greek fix.

I love Greek food and have learned to cook it pretty well. I miss the Greek restaurants of Chicago, back in the day.

• Like 1