What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I have been so inspired by everyone's Christmas Cottages and really want to make one for next year. I found the cutest little mouse family that I have decided will live in my Christmas Cottage.  Hopefully, I can pull this together for next Christmas.

rsz_mouse_family.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grazhina said:

Congratulations, Miranda, I wish I could find my Rand McNally road atlas. I know we have one, I just can't find it anywhere.

By the time it surfaces, it will be out of date. *sigh*

3 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

We are on our way to Florida for a week vacation. We made an hour out of the way detour to Savannah. We walked the riverfront shops, I got some fudge,  and now we're eating seafood lunch, then we'll finish our journey.

Savannah is one of my favorite cities. Savoring the seafood with you. :D 

2 hours ago, pgwyn said:

I have been so inspired by everyone's Christmas Cottages and really want to make one for next year. I found the cutest little mouse family that I have decided will live in my Christmas Cottage.  Hopefully, I can pull this together for next Christmas.

rsz_mouse_family.jpg

They are adorable Patti. I know what you mean about by being inspired.

There are some inexpensive cottage dollhouse kits on eBay right now. I bought an Ashley from Dura-craft for my future Christmas house.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pgwyn said:

Love their little noses! 

• Like 1

We saw the outlet mall as we were heading out. Unfortunately we only had about 2 hours to spend there, and the boys had never been, so I wanted to take them down to the riverfront. I wish we could have had longer. But as it is, we are going to arrive to our destination after sunset already. It was one of things where we looked around, nodded, and checked it off the list.

Oh, and did I mention I got me some fudge and divinity? :)

5 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

There are some inexpensive cottage dollhouse kits on eBay right now. I bought an Ashley from Dura-craft for my future Christmas hous

I am looking at an Ashley too, it is just the right layout.

I just love those little meeces..(mice) thay are so cute and they all have different expressions.

It has crossed my mind to do a mouse house, not necessarily Christmas. I have knitting patterns for many of Alan/s patterns and thought about using them

https://alandart.co.uk/products/mice/

mice.jpg

mice 3.jpg

mice 2.jpg

Cooked a lovely turkey breast for Sunday dinner, not much leftover with my brother eating his share! Also working on the needlepoint: approaching halfway point on the background, and hope to finish it this week. Today I have errands to do, and plan to treat myself to the nearby library fundraising book sale afterwards.

17 hours ago, KathieB said:

By the time it surfaces, it will be out of date. *sigh*

That shouldn't matter. I have one from 2013 and I'd still use it. The roads don't change that much,. Besides, it's fun to see how much more sprawl there is in the cities. I'm a map freak - I love maps, so I just sit and pore over mine all the time. By the time I begin traveling, I won't need a map because I'll know all the roads. LOL

I'm trying to get myself better. For a while, I had all four cups to my dinner set out. One I keep out by the sink for water, then the others I was using for hot chocolate, apple cider, and Theraflu.

I think tomorrow is going to be another trip to the store and I hate to say it, but I think more Theraflu is in order. I feel better, but I'm definitely more tired than I usually am. Of course, nothing stops me from eating, naturally, although I have cut down a little. Of course, that little is a spit in the ocean...

Even in three layers I managed to get thoroughly chilled at Gallery Night this past Friday and have been in the throes of a humdinger cold since; finally succumbed to bed rest and extra water yesterday when we got home from the Jazz Brunch (MUCH warmer out).  Thank goodness for Vicks!

53 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Even in three layers I managed to get thoroughly chilled at Gallery Night this past Friday and have been in the throes of a humdinger cold since; finally succumbed to bed rest and extra water yesterday when we got home from the Jazz Brunch (MUCH warmer out).  Thank goodness for Vicks!

Oh, Holly, hope you are feeling better soon! I have been avoiding going outside during this damp, bitingly cold snap. I've gotten too used to wintering in the deep South, so this neither-Northern-nor-Southern climate is hard to get used to. From mid 20s to nearly 70 F in the past week. 

Well- it wasn't me, Sable!  :D    I am finally "over" my nasty bout of bronchitis, although I feel like I will be coughing up stuff for weeks!

This week I am working with my mom to get her bank accounts shuffled around. will updated and all financial matters in order.....she FINALLY has made the decision to go to a retirement home!  :clap::cucumber:  That may seem like a terrible reaction, but for the family it is a relief!  We worry because her memory is failing, she has health issues that she is stubborn about- refuses to tell the doc, takes/doesn't take her meds correctly, etc- and she doesn't eat well...plus she is kinda secluded where she lives, so we worry about when it snows...etc. 

She's a big of a bugger, so we will take any little victory we can!  LOL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Isn't it a duty of parents to drive their adult children at least half as nutty as they drove us when they were little?

That’s why I say, “My mother gave me every grey hair on my head.”

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I just love those little meeces..(mice) thay are so cute and they all have different expressions.

It has crossed my mind to do a mouse house, not necessarily Christmas. I have knitting patterns for many of Alan/s patterns and thought about using them

https://alandart.co.uk/products/mice/

mice.jpg

mice 3.jpg

mice 2.jpg

Those mice are darling.  I love the themes.  Oh, please do a mouse house, it would be so cute.

On 12/17/2017, 2:15:22, Mid-life madness said:

They are adorable Patti. I know what you mean about by being inspired.

There are some inexpensive cottage dollhouse kits on eBay right now. I bought an Ashley from Dura-craft for my future Christmas house.

OH Patti, they are perfect, I love them.  Where did you get them from