What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

On 1/22/2018, 10:07:26, Gayle said:

Me too Holly.  Mine start aching around the latter part of September and continue non-stop until late March.

My achy self is packing to go someplace warm on vacation, Turks and Caicos. In my younger days a swim suit took up hardly any room in my suitcase, and now the two I'm taking take up as much room as a week's worth of shirts. sigh . I'll drink a few Drunken Lobsters and Pina Coladas to your health, dear ladies.

• Like 3

Heading to hospital Tuesday for outpatient surgery, repair of an umbilical hernia that developed while I was busy wrangling packing boxes this past summer. Should not keep me away from the computer for very long. :) 

:hmm: Wonder if I can get a sample of the mesh that will be implanted. Who knows what mini-use it could inspire!

• Like 3

Good luck Kathie.. get well soon. :) 

I've been reorganising my craft room again. I got a couple of glass doored bookcases from Ikea and put things where I can actually find them for a change. :rolleyes:

This exercise has told me I have an addiction to vintage furniture kits.. I have a LOT of them! :D I'll be building them for a year straight to get through them all. Though I don't build until I need so they shall stay in the bookcase for a while longer. :) 

14 hours ago, KathieB said:

..:hmm:. Wonder if I can get a sample of the mesh that will be implanted. Who knows what mini-use it could inspire!

Before you sign that "informed consent" form or when you see the surgeon before they start the anesthesia, ask him to save you any scraps of the mesh that he has left over.  When I had my colonoscopy I asked for the IV tubing they used to make "glass" beer steins for the pub.

I hope you have a pain free speedy recovery.....

14 hours ago, KathieB said:

Wonder if I can get a sample of the mesh that will be implanted. Who knows what mini-use it could inspire!

You might be able to do some mini-surgery, just take it easy until you heal.:doctor:

Thanks for all the good thoughts. Home from hospital. Procedure was quick and smooth. I feel great. Sis is staying with me until the loopiness dissipates, at  least 24 hours. 

• Like 6

Jumping on a plane to LAX today.. then on to Utah tomorrow. Ski trip time! I'll be gone for 3 weeks. I'll try to check in from time to time.. wifi permitting. :) 

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

Jumping on a plane to LAX today.. then on to Utah tomorrow. Ski trip time! I'll be gone for 3 weeks. I'll try to check in from time to time.. wifi permitting. :) 

Have a great time and enjoy the slopes.  

6 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Glad you are home Kathie.  Take care,  follow Drs orders.  We love you too much.  (Did you get the mesh?)

Following doctors orders. Feeling very well, no pain at the moment, but both doctor and nurses warned that could change in a day or so as the internal numbing agent wears off. I'm staying optimistic.

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I was wondering that, myself.  Take care and give Sis a hug from me, when you feel up to it.

Did not get mesh. It comes in several sizes to fit the occasion, so none is cut off. Doc says he has a piece in his office that he can show me when I come in for the follow-up in a couple weeks. Maybe I can sweet talk him out of it. :D  Sis sends a hug back.

• Like 3

Just wanted to say that I have come across the Miniature Mystery books by Margaret Grace.  For those of you who haven't seen these they are fun mystery books where the main character is a miniaturist!  Loving them!  One thing I've been prompted to look up having read 1 1/2 now, is Eichler houses.  Wow - that was an architect before his time!  Love the mid-century modern - these would be fantastic houses for our NZ climate!!  I'd be keen to build a miniature one.......hmmmmm......another project to think about.

• Like 1

Tax season is upon us, so I am currently at my dining room table which is covered in my mother's paperwork.  

Yesterday my daughters were over to visit her and clean out my father's closet and bathroom cupboards. We saved a few things for ourselves, packed some things for Goodwill and still they had 5 trash bags of stuff they threw out!  Next my oldest attacked her 'frig- throwing out items dating back to 2005...all the while she would exclaim "What am I going to eat!?"  "Something that doesn't give you botulism." was my daughter's retort.  LOL  It is a strange thing, the twisted mind.  In my father's night stand drawer were found a stack of cards from years gone by -so sweet that he was so sentimental and kept them- but my mother wanted to simply toss them away without a second thought, yet she could hardly let us throw away my dad's old medical supplies, 20 year old lotions or 10 year old salad dressing!? :dunno:

*sigh* 

When my mother passed, my brother and sister had to hire a dumpster for the trash my mother "saved". I mean really, how many bread bags, ties and take out containers does one person need.  And who would save a homemade jar of canned tuna? ( we think it was tuna anyway,  it was an odd color).  Now the little white coffee creamer containers, those were given to her craft group,  they filled them with plaster and added a decoration as try favors for Veterans in the VA hospital .

On ‎2‎/‎02‎/‎2018‎ ‎7‎:‎39‎:‎53‎, blueirishmoon said:

Weird, Rebecca! We must be on the same wavelength. I recently discovered those books too, and bought the first 6. I'm ready to start mix-up in miniature.

I'm on my second - I've read Mix up in Miniature and I'm now reading Madness in Miniature.  Not sure if I'm reading them in the right order - but they're pretty much stand alone books anyway.  I'm reading them on Kindle.  I'm also now creating an Eichler house on Sims!  :)