What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I’m still hiding out in Vero and trying to avoid the sadness at home. This morning my husband told me about a candlelight vigil here in Vero and throughout the state for the shooting victims. So we went tonight and it was very therapeutic. Today is also the anniversary of my sister Kathy’s death and the birthday of my sister Paula who died last August. So it’s been a solemn day for me. 

2 hours ago, SewMini said:

I feel like it’s cheating since its a premade kit but I had a blast putting this together this weekend.

I think it is adorable, and you did a lovely job! It was enjoyable, so don't feel like you are cheating. I love a good kit!

1 hour ago, Sable said:

I’m still hiding out in Vero and trying to avoid the sadness at home

It is hard to get away from these horrible tragedies. I found myself glued to the t.v. after Oct 1st. Just do what feels right for you.

• Like 1

There was a candlelight vigil at one of the Pensacola churches, and in Mobile our governor, senator and congressman were all in town and weighed in on the subject of school violence.  Tonight a our Jazz Gumbo the musicians dedicated their program to all the victims of school shootings (both our Jazz Society president, a drummer, and his wife who plays keyboards and sings are music teachers).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SewMini said:

It also makes me wonder if maybe i should try working in half scale.

Yes!!!!  :)  Seriously, though, that kit is really cute, and it's definitely not cheating.  I have been absolutely fascinated by those kits.  There seem to be such a variety, and they look like a lot of fun.

49 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

What kit is that?  I've never seen one before but its cute!

Roxxie those kits are all over ebay.. from China. They are cute as a button and about half scale. I have one that I've really been just pilfering for decor items. You have to make literally everything but it's all included. I think they are a great idea. :) Just look up dollhouse kit on Ebay and you will find a slew of them. Make sure you sort price lowest to highest because there are some vendors out there trying to sell them for exorbitant prices. But you can pick up some of them for as low as $20, sometimes even lower..

OK  I would probably pilfer the parts for other building projects too.  I looked on Ebay and there are some cute kitchen ones.  Half scale is hard to find pieces for sometimes but I like how compact the half scale houses are.  I can move them around on my work table with ease.  
Thanks Samantha

I was able to remove the front door and made a new door with skinny sticks.  The back door is a false door made with skinny sticks and the door in the kitchen on the other side is a false door.   I couldn't remove the window frames so I decorated them.  lol    I also tried unsuccessfully to remove those stupid blocks of wood in every room on the front edges.  I managed to get a few out but left the rest.   Its just a funky little house.   I want to try more felting although I am not very good at it.  Thanks for looking!  

52 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Here it is!   My Little Red Mouse House!   A funky little project that I did with an $8 toy house ( unfinished) that I picked up and scraps that I had in my stash.
Thanks for looking!   Click on the link 
Roxy's Blog  

Really a cute little house for all your mice. I think you did a great job on the mice .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Guess we are going on another southern road trip.  Longer stay this time, maybe. Lol.  Looking at houses again.  One day he might actually talk to a realtor.     Best part, daughter's hubby got orders to Eglin!!!!!!.     Once we get moved we will be 2 1/2 hrs to grandkids.    Yea!!!!

You can stop on the way home and we can play minis!

• Like 1