What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

I wish Holly .  He's not going to go anywhere for minis. LOL 

Well, I think you should order something small like a primrose and build until he decides which way is up. You can carry it on your lap when it is time to move. This way you won't be so bored.

Edit: Actually you could turn it into a grand dog house, and tell him he might be living in one if he doesn't decide soon!

Lol. He puts up with 50 houses already.  He just doesn't make special trips for them.   Oh, hard to put a house in my lap.  Dog is in the way.   Huge navigator SUV and she has to ride in my lap.  Once we finally get moved, all bets are off.  I'll have my car to make my little trips by myself 

• Like 1

I am packing my bags and heading for Orlando to visit my son and DIL for the week!! :cucumber:  

They live only blocks away from Ron's.  Anyone need anything? :bigwink:   I'll see ya'll in a week and do a show-and-tell of all the goodies I bought! :wave:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

I am packing my bags and heading for Orlando to visit my son and DIL for the week!! :cucumber:  

They live only blocks away from Ron's.  Anyone need anything? :bigwink:   I'll see ya'll in a week and do a show-and-tell of all the goodies I bought! :wave:

Have an awesome time and enjoy that sunshine!

2 hours ago, jbnmini said:

We haven’t seen a cloud in weeks.   I exposed my legs on the beach for 30 minutes on Sunday and I’m still suffering from the sunburn. When will the ‘queen of skin cancer’ learn my lesson. Please wear sunscreen while you are here.

1 hour ago, Thimble Hall said:

I am sort of listless and don't seem to be able to motivate myself much, it is an awful feeling, like I am waiting for something to happen??

I felt like that the last two weeks. I spent a lot of time sitting in my chair and reading till I didn't even feel like reading anymore. A little dollhouse started forming in my mind, though, and I started on the house plans. As long as nothing interupts my chain of thought I should start perking up and become more productive.

BTW, my new fridge came today, but after the installers left I noticed it tilted back. The guy returned to level it, but he couldn't figure out how to do it. Apparently LG changed the wheels. He said the service crew will work on figuring out how to level the thing and to call the store back Monday afternoon. It's always something.......

I feel your pain, Grazhe.  I finally replaced the ReStore stove, and the microwave died.  We are still shopping around for a replacement, and the dishwasher pooped out and will need replacement before we get any more company.

I'm in love with that mouse house!

On 2/23/2018, 2:45:00, Thimble Hall said:

I am sort of listless and don't seem to be able to motivate myself much, it is an awful feeling, like I am waiting for something to happen??

I can sympathize. Lately I haven't been able to work up a lot of enthusiasm for anything miniature. *sigh* And what's funny is, I have the same waiting-for-something-to-happen feeling, too. Like an anticipatory feeling. I sure hope it's nothing bad. Hopefully we're just going through a phase.

And now that I've used up my one large word of the day, I do have some news. I got the back pay from my disability (it only took them 4 1/2 years to decide) and it's a pretty good chunk. I wasn't expecting the last payment till June and it arrived this month. So I am now looking for land to buy to eventually settle on. In case anyone wants to help, I'm looking for the following:

A level piece of land of at least a half acre, doesn't have to be cleared (would be nice, though), with water, electric, and septic either on it or can be hooked up to city utilities, anywhere between the East Coast and the West Coast. BUT - although I'd like to be out in the boonies, I do need to have access to a fairly large city or cities (within 20 to 30 minutes driving time) that should have a Long John Silver's, a Round Table Pizza, Trader Joe's, a Winco or low cost grocery store in it, as well as a dog training club and an astronomy club.

I need summers that aren't too hot, winters that are mild (snow is great! - just not several hundred feet of it), little to no humidity, beautiful views, thunderstorms, occasional windstorms, and I can live with earthquakes, although I don't want to be in a flood plain. No bugs and preferably no snakes. Other wildlife will be evaluated on a case by case basis. And I need it all for only $30,000 or under, preferably under. Yeah, I ain't asking for much. LOL

So I might have to compromise juuuusssst a little (ya think!?!). I've decided the best places were either in the Bay Area (so not happening, costwise), the southeast area from Tacoma because I'd have access to Olympia, Tacoma, and Seattle (although there isn't any dog training club, there are dog trainers in this area), or around the St. Louis (yeah, humidity, but I did say I would compromise), and Spokane areas.

Where I don't want to live is anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line (St. Louis is as far south as I'll go) or in any place that looks like a desert (that lets out our southwestern states and Ephrata, WA), or anywhere north of Massachusetts (too cold and too far from large cities, although I could change my mind on this one). I'm not sure about the area between Denver and Colorado Springs because I think it's out of my price range unless I live far back in the mountains, which I don't feel I could deal with in winter.

So there you are, your homework for the next couple of weeks, or months. Anyway, this is what I've been doing and I've already dragged Lisa along to one way-back-in-the-boonies place to look at that was so far from home, I got lost trying to find the correct road. Tomorrow I plan to go look at another property fairly close by (only about 40 minutes from here - so says Google Maps HA!) and I after I talk to the realtor, I may or may not go see another one on Tuesday or Wednesday. So I may not be here as much as I used to be.

Wish me luck - this search could go on forever! Good thing I'm not very picky. :ohyeah:

• Like 1

I’m home. Back from my runaway retreat in Vero. I’d still be there but I have to start getting ready for our show on March 10.  Tomorrow it’s pick up our houses from the display we set up at the beginning of the month at Patch Reef Park in Boca. Then on Monday I will set up a new display at the Boca Raton Community Center for the month of March. I need to place the order for the Tea sandwiches for the Tea Room at the Show and also order the plates and tea cups. This is becoming my to do list. I also have to find enough plastic to cover the tables at the show’s display room. Last year, I insisted that we throw out the plastic banquet cloths and covers we’d been using for at least 10 years.  And so much more...Busy, busy. Oh yes, order the club polo shirt for the new members. This is why I runaway every year just before the show.

Monday morning at work...

Coworkers: "Good morning Tracy, did you have a good weekend?"

Me: "No, but thanks for asking."

Bleh, yesterday and today were pretty stressful, and tomorrow doesn't promise to be any better.

Looking forward to going to work to rest and have a less stressful day. And that's saying something!!

At least Jude (grandson) had a good time for his 3rd birthday today, so there's that. :) 

7 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

Monday morning at work...

Coworkers: "Good morning Tracy, did you have a good weekend?"

Me: "No, but thanks for asking."

Bleh, yesterday and today were pretty stressful, and tomorrow doesn't promise to be any better.

Looking forward to going to work to rest and have a less stressful day. And that's saying something!!

At least Jude (grandson) had a good time for his 3rd birthday today, so there's that. :) 

Family drama is no fun.  One of these days, if you're in the mood, I'll PM you and share some of what we get from the eldest kid.

Nope it's not Holly! Feel free to PM anytime. I sure have my share of crazy family stuff too. Thankfully this weekend just had a little. Mainly mama inviting the other great grandparents (which was the plan), but she said we're having him a party , and I told be sure not to call it that, or she'll want to invite everyone... Which she did, and then she did! 

But the other highlights of the weekend... I took off work to make the cake and, then unexpectedly found myself without a car to get what I need. Sweet Lawson did go by the store for me though and got a couple things. At 3:30. So I made an easier cake , and of course someone said I cheated by going easy (which was joking, but still...) Oh, and on the way over someone started to pull out in front of me and then stopped, so I had to brake hard and swerve to avoid a collision. Cake didn't fare too well with that. At least I thought to bring extra frosting. And a smooshed cake is better than a smooshed car.

Friday night I had to go to the mall with mama, 45 minutes away at night. And I am TERRIFIED of riding in the car on the interstate that far, especially at night. And off course being in Atlanta, there was the obligatory traffic even at 8pm.

But the best was when I literally broke down in party city. Ugly sobbing, shaking, and my legs almost collapsed. Oh, did I mention it was race weekend, and party city is on the road that leads to the racetrack (Atlanta Motor Speedway is in my county about 15 minutes from me)? That added an extra bit of fun to that.

You'd really think after 26 years and three kids I would have learned how stressful parties are. 

This afternoon is my nieces party, and she and her brother have been awful brats lately (including yesterday). So that doesn't sound fun. 

A couple days ago I found a small lens cap on the floor in the upstairs hallway. I don't own anything that this little cap would fit. The menfolk claim they don't know where the lens cap came from. Yeah, right. It must be from something my son owns or owned, but he has no idea it fell off anything of his. I suppose I'll have to toss it into some drawer for a few years till I'm sure it doesn't belong to anything we use. DH will claim he's nothing of the kind, but when it comes to some electronics he's a pack rat. He has things in drawers that haven't been used in years. We have a security camera setup that never worked very well, so he put it away in a drawer. The camera came with a thingy that's supposed to plug into a vcr. We don't have a vcr anymore, but we still have the camera kit.  This reminds me of my oldest boy. When he was 12 I told him to clean up the pigsty that was his room. He filled a trash can full of junk and took it out to the garage. I had no idea he had that much "junk" in his room, so I started checking to see what he threw out. Half the pieces to several of his board games were in there. The board game boxes, however, were neatly stacked in his closet - with half the pieces missing. He's the same kid who hid a half eaten taco in his toy box when he was 6. 

• Like 3