What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Funny! We have boxes of random too, every once in a while something comes in handy, but usually not. But as soon as you throw something away you need it! And I'm pretty sure Lawson has done something similar while cleaning, throwing away game pieces while keeping the game.

So we just got a call from  youngest son, 2 1/2 hours away at college. His car just died. Just add that to the bad weekend stuffs! :) Smiling is all I can do right now. So guess we'll be heading down there in the morning. I'm supposed to do a training for 2 new employees, but luckily I made a presentation last week, so maybe someone else can go through it with them. We only have one car (we work at the same place), so even if my husband took me to work, I couldn't get home. Unless I borrow a car... Sigh.

And here's another smile for good measure. :) 

2 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

Haha, thanks Grazhina! It's just that kind of weekend isn't it?! :)

I just couldn't believe how everything just kept happening. I just wanted to go back home and crawl in bed. 

God Bless you Tracy! Just keep swimming.....even if the tears are falling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grazhina said:

He's the same kid who hid a half eaten taco in his toy box when he was 6.

My forks have recently been thinning out...I looked in the kid s rooms and didn't notice any laying around. I figured they must have been getting accidentally tossed in the trash. I place on order off eBay for a used set, since our pattern is longer made.

2 days ago I was looking for empty hangers in my 21 year old daughters closet and found a stockpile of missing dishing and utensils. I counted 14 forks. I spouted some colorful words for her and her microbiology experiments with old Spagetti O's. I did not raise her to be a pig.......I can't wait to see her own place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

My forks have recently been thinning out...I looked in the kid s rooms and didn't notice any laying around. I figured they must have been getting accidentally tossed in the trash. I place on order off eBay for a used set, since our pattern is longer made.

2 days ago I was looking for empty hangers in my 21 year old daughters closet and found a stockpile of missing dishing and utensils. I counted 14 forks. I spouted some colorful words for her and her microbiology experiments with old Spagetti O's. I did not raise her to be a pig.......I can't wait to see her own place.

I'm missing at least 5 teaspoons. I know two of them fell into the garbage disposal and got chewed up, so who threw out the others?  My flatware is also discontinued. I wish it had come with a double set of teaspoons like my old set did. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sable said:

They are under my son’s bed because the last time I looked half of the ones I found weren’t even mine.

:roflmao:

He must be friends with my daughter on Facebook...they're in the Flatware hoarding group together.

3 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I once found about the same thing under a daughter's bed. The spaghetti had green fuzz on the top! Today, she is a great housekeeper.

• Like 1

ok who has built the Vineyard cottage and made the top floor go all the way across the width of the building?   I looked in the gallery but didn't see many of that model.  I've had the Vineyard in my stash for years just thought I might go back to a 1:12 scale for a change.  Still thinking on what I might actually like to do with it if I start on it.  

• Like 1

I don't believe it. I am starting with another chest infection, after almost a month in bed with the last one I didn't need this.. so I am gathering things to do in bed  so I am ready if need be. Cross stitch rugs, some sheets and other bedding to sew for Joe's house and I have a Petite Propertied kit on a tray. I am not sure if I will be able to do that but I am hopeful and it is why I bought these kits. It is day three, and often after three days it clears up but if it goes on for five I generally get very ill. I do intend taking my laptop in bed too. I couldn;lt last time as I had no strong wireless connection but I had a new system installed about 2 weeks ago and it will work fine anywhere now. Hopefully I won't need it. I have to make one more trip to the US border pick up office and am hoping I can do that tomorrow. Finally I bought the Micromark table saw and it sitting there as is my caravan kit.

So I am all stocked up with things to do, medicines,drinks, readymade dinners for the furbabies etc etc but please keep you fingers crossed for me that it doesn';t go nasty this time please.

I will not go in the hospital so it does take a bit longer at home but my choice.

XX Jeannine

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

I don't believe it. I am starting with another chest infection, after almost a month in bed with the last one I didn't need this.. so I am gathering things to do in bed  so I am ready if need be. Cross stitch rugs, some sheets and other bedding to sew for Joe's house and I have a Petite Propertied kit on a tray. I am not sure if I will be able to do that but I am hopeful and it is why I bought these kits. It is day three, and often after three days it clears up but if it goes on for five I generally get very ill. I do intend taking my laptop in bed too. I couldn;lt last time as I had no strong wireless connection but I had a new system installed about 2 weeks ago and it will work fine anywhere now. Hopefully I won't need it. I have to make one more trip to the US border pick up office and am hoping I can do that tomorrow. Finally I bought the Micromark table saw and it sitting there as is my caravan kit.

So I am all stocked up with things to do, medicines,drinks, readymade dinners for the furbabies etc etc but please keep you fingers crossed for me that it doesn';t go nasty this time please.

I will not go in the hospital so it does take a bit longer at home but my choice.

XX Jeannine

I do hope you fell  better soon . I hate being sick too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

I don't believe it. I am starting with another chest infection, after almost a month in bed with the last one I didn't need this..

XX Jeannine

The heck with crossed fingers, I am sending all the healing prayers I know and in the name of Jesus I command this infection to leave your body! Remember that you are a fierce child of God, and that many of us are praying for you to get back to your feisty old self again! You've got too many fun things to look forward to, and you have been down too long already! Here's a hug, too, just because...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

ok who has built the Vineyard cottage and made the top floor go all the way across the width of the building?   I looked in the gallery but didn't see many of that model.  I've had the Vineyard in my stash for years just thought I might go back to a 1:12 scale for a change.  Still thinking on what I might actually like to do with it if I start on it.  

Look on my pinterest page, I think I put pictures there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Lawanda   I looked at your terrific Pinterest page and I LOVE your Mexican restaurant!!!!!!!!   I couldn't find the Vineyard Cottage but I will look again later.
Thanks!

I don't have but 2 pictures.  Sorry.  I was looking on my phone for more.  Nope.   I would take a better one, but I'm in Mississippi,  and I'm sure you have seen a home depot packing box.  (most of my houses are packed to move).   Now all I have to do is find a place to move to.    

• Like 1

Jeannine, I sure hope you feel better soon. I'm so sorry you're feeling bad again.

Today we went to south Ga to deal with Brennen's broken down car. Good news is it was able to be (difficultly) driven to the repair place, so it didn't have to be towed. Hopefully they will look at it and be able to give us an estimate tomorrow. We had to leave him stranded without a car, which isn't a big deal, because he has an on campus meal plan and extra food. What he doesn't have is any friends or a way to get back to the repair shop to retrieve it. But while we were there, I had to go back to his dorm room to use the restroom, which he shares with one other person, OMG!! I don't think the trash in there had been emptied or the bathroom cleaned since we took him there in August. At least his sink area was neat and fairly clean. And there were no dirty dishes lying around. But ugh.

10 minutes ago, NellBell said:

Working on the outside of the castle I fell like every move I make I need to stopt and do something else first. I guess this happens when you don't have a clear vision . You just think you do . Very slow going

I hear you and feel your pain. The other day the idea of painting the porch ceiling haint blue was on the top of my list of things to do when I got home from my vacation. I got my tongue and groove board out and started painting it, then I realized I’ve already installed the outdoor lamp on the porch ceiling and it’s going to be next to impossible to get the board to fit around it. So the ceiling is staying white. We need flow charts for constructing dollhouses.

Maybe it is the time of year,everything I am doing and I mean everything seems slow going, and the stop and do something else first thing is sooo familiar. but looking for blessings among the chaos my possible  chest infection has not  materialized so of I get through tomorrow I should be home dry.

I did achieve something today. After fighting with glues on my very thin shingles for Joe's house some weeks ago I got very fed up with the house..period!! I did a couple more rows after I got the replacement shingles but the curling up of the wood almost drove me crazy so I quit and almost chucked the house in the bin. Then today when I just had a spare five minutes only I remembered the  E6000  glue someone suggested way back in December and I tried it.  BINGO, in just a couple of minutes I had two rows on, no curling and drop dead easy.I could have danced.

Thank you to whoever it was, I am so very appreciative.

XX Jeannine

Every time Microsoft does an update, a few days later my laptop becomes like a thing posessed. My browser, emails, videos and some sites take forever to load. I found out that Microsoft is aware that some computers are very badly affected by their updates, something they denied for years. After about a week to 19 days, my laptop will suddenly start working correctly again. One time I was online, swearing at the slooow speed, when suddenly it went to a blank screen and I got a message that it had encountered a problem and needed to turn off. It came back on a minute later and was working great again.

It's been in demon mode for the past week. I was watching Groucho Marx's You Bet Your Life on Youtube last night before I turned my laptop off. This morning I powered up the laptop and heard the audio from the show I watched last night. You have to sign in on the laptop before it will do ANYTHING, but this AM it went straight to Youtube before I'd had a chance to sign in. It's possessed I tell you, possessed by the Microsoft update demon.

Spent the morning opening a zillion bottles of acrylic craft paints to see if they were dry or not.  Tossed at least half and reorganized by color.  It kept me busy not thinking about the beginning of this week.   I might get a trip to Santa Fe to Hobby Lobby one of these days to stock up again.  I have a gift certificate I got for my birthday burning a hole in my pocket.
Thinking about what kind of project I want to do next. I have so many kits I want to work on but not sure which one it will be yet.  :hmm:

• Vineyard Cottage ( 1:12)
  • Camper
  • Bus
  • RGT Country Farm House ( 1:24)
  • room box
  • Ashley Haunted House ( 1:12)

I went to take my son to school this morning, slipped on a patch of ice that was hidden under a skiff of fresh snow...at the top of a flight of concrete stairs...and down I went. I’m doing ok but layed up for now. I have a bad back on a good day, let alone after something like this. Needless to say, I am so over this winter weather. 

• Like 1