What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

What did they conjure up from the food gizmos in the wall? I recall them talking to the fabricator and voila! the item would appear.

That  was Star Trek. I mostly recall more boozing than eating on Star Wars.

1 hour ago, SewMini said:

What's on 5/4 then? I'm at a loss

A measurement rather than a date? 

42 minutes ago, grazhina said:

That  was Star Trek. I mostly recall more boozing than eating on Star Wars.

You can tell I'm not a Trekkie. Sheldon would be outraged at my ignorance. :roflmao: 

• Like 1

There was a scene in Episode 2 where Anakin and Padme are sitting opposite each other and he makes a pear float off her plate towards him, slices it and floats it back; but I'm not celebrating Star Wars Day with a sliced pear.

Well I have been so lucky to have a little mini vacation these last two days.. I went to Napa I have lived in Ca most of my life and had no idea there is a Castle in Napa. it's called Castello di Amorosa and it was awesome so much to see and so inspirational. Oh and the wine is really good it is only sold at the castle . We bought a case of mixed wines .One picture is looking out over the Napa Valley 

IMG_7261.jpg

IMG_7265.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, havanaholly said:

After breakfast my plan is to bake a mince pie to celebrate tomorrow, Pi Day.  Dos anyone have any appropriate menu ideas for 5/4?

How funny!   I've never heard of Pi day until today!  Today (as we're a day ahead of most everywhere else) is Pi day here and my son's mentor and his family apparently have pizza every year to celebrate Pi day!!!

55 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Blagh!  I think I'll just binge watch my old Star Wars dvds and skip the brown things and blue liquid.  (Romulan ale?)

Don't let the Federation catch you. It's illegal after all! :D 

When my boys were in middle/high school, they could wear jeans to school (they normally wore uniforms) on pi day if they made a shirt. So this is the first year since 2010 that I haven't had to make (or the past two years-buy) a pi shirt.  It was always great fun looking and brainstorming about something neat to put on the shirts. I even made onesies for my grandson one year... One said My First Pi Day (there's shirts for first every other day, why not??) and then another that said Fresh Baked Pi (he was only 6 weeks old on his first Pi Day).

• Like 2

My McQueenie caravan is progressing quite quickly, all the wood that is to be painted had a prep coat on, the interior walls have their wallpaper on, all the furniture is built, the floor area had been finished with wood strips. I still haven't decided on my colors. I think my brain is waiting for the trim to arrive. Today I may put the main shell together. I am loving it.

• Like 2

Holly - we were in England last year and went to Madam Tussauds in London.  They have a HUGE Star Wars section which the kids and I LOVED taking photos in!!  I'm proud to say my kids are geeky and I'm very happy about it!  My 17yr old daughter cosplays and both play D & D!

I meed to know more about this peach drink!

Holly, ehat kind of jazz do you like? I do love jazz (though some stuff does get a bit weird for me). Josh and I danced to a John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman ballad at our wedding :) 

Speaking of josh, he and I saw The Eagles tonight complete with Don Henley and the late Glenn Frey’s son Deacon who did a stellar job! They’re also touring with Vince Gill as part of the band which was a welcomed surprise. They weren’t exactly high energy but they sounded amazing! They ended with Desperado which has always been my favorite song of theirs.

Holly, I'll have to look it up again.  Single keyboard player.  mostly what people requested.  Not loud rock new stuff.  He favored Elton John songs.  It is on the main street just up from the favorite place. Lol

The peach drink was a mohito(sp).  I can say it, not spell it.  LOL