What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Mosaic Tapas is one of the places we haven't yet tried.  Miranda, we like all sorts of jazz; actually, I like almost ALL genres of music.  The 3rd Monday Jazz Gumbo this month features John Coltrane's music.  The hubs prefers Dixieland and I'm sort of partial to Miles Davis.

If you haven’t already, you should check out the John Coltrane Johnny Hartman album. Hartman was an amazing vocalist who was sadly overlooked for pretty much his entire career. It wasnt until Clint Eastwood featured him in Bridges of Madison County that he got more noticed. Sadly he had long since passed.

Well I pulld the trigger and ordered the Van Buren. I also ordered a SUPER cute Paris Cafe kit to also work on. When Josh tried to protest about how much space they would take up I was like “It’s only 9 inches deep and 16” wide! It’s tiny!” Ahh good ol’ half scale to the rescue!

• Like 1

Tonight was the Jazz Society's annual student jazz competition where we award cash prizes (in the form of vouchers) to the student performers to continue their music education.  Every year I pity the poor judges who must rank the students by their performances, as each year the kids just get better and more competent, and the ones who go jamming with local performers also gain great stage presence.  

• Like 3

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018‎ ‎8‎:‎09‎:‎20‎, Thimble Hall said:

My McQueenie caravan is progressing quite quickly, all the wood that is to be painted had a prep coat on, the interior walls have their wallpaper on, all the furniture is built, the floor area had been finished with wood strips. I still haven't decided on my colors. I think my brain is waiting for the trim to arrive. Today I may put the main shell together. I am loving it.

Jeannine I'm sure I read somewhere that you'd wished that there were more detailed instructions for some of the wagon components.  I totally agree!  I have a couple of websites featuring these wagons as favourites which I have to visit when I'm not exactly sure how something goes together!  When are you going to share some pics?

Yea Chris I know, but i live in a town with half that population right now.   For us it's "moving up"  hahahahaha. I'm not sure about the drive yet.  Wiggins would be closer to VA than I am in MO.  It's over 40 minutes to poplar bluff mo from my current residence.   

So yesterday the parent-in-Lars were over for a relaxed time having dinner and chat and MIL and I settled on going to the fall  Miniatura in Birmingham (22-23 of September) Will be a nice long weekend for us flying over on Friday and not home until Monday morning. Now to book the flight and hotel. :) 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018‎ ‎6‎:‎56‎:‎58‎, Shareb said:

Jeannine I'm sure I read somewhere that you'd wished that there were more detailed instructions for some of the wagon components.  I totally agree!  I have a couple of websites featuring these wagons as favourites which I have to visit when I'm not exactly sure how something goes together!  When are you going to share some pics?

No pictures on this one till I am finished,  I keep changing my mind on things.

Instructions, they are truly shocking.. Time and time again I have had to work something out for myself but it seem I am managing to do it. It just takes so much longer but I am getting there.

I would love the links to the sites you mentioned.

Right now I am at this point.

The inside furniture is all made , it just needs a sealer on it. The interior is wall papered. the wood floor is laid.

I havethe  main shell finished  and painted but no windows or doors in yet, still pondering the colors, they are just primed. The wood strips are on the bottom and the wheel stuff is made. The roof is finished and I am just starting to work on the ceiling décor.

I have been having a problem with paint. I read somewhere that most folks use good quality latex house paint for their houses so I bought that but it is more difficult to work with than craft acrylics  especially when doing small parts,

I am waiting for some stuff to come in the mail, trims and things so could be stopped in my tracks by tomorrow. I am spending some time working out the hand  finishing, little flowers, the wheels etc.The wheels especially as I am trying to come up with a different idea, almost all the ones I have seen use the same design.

Your house is coming along lovely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

No pictures on this one till I am finished,  I keep changing my mind on things.

Instructions, they are truly shocking.. Time and time again I have had to work something out for myself but it seem I am managing to do it. It just takes so much longer but I am getting there.

I would love the links to the sites you mentioned.

Right now I am at this point.

The inside furniture is all made , it just needs a sealer on it. The interior is wall papered. the wood floor is laid.

I havethe  main shell finished  and painted but no windows or doors in yet, still pondering the colors, they are just primed. The wood strips are on the bottom and the wheel stuff is made. The roof is finished and I am just starting to work on the ceiling décor.

I have been having a problem with paint. I read somewhere that most folks use good quality latex house paint for their houses so I bought that but it is more difficult to work with than craft acrylics  especially when doing small parts,

I am waiting for some stuff to come in the mail, trims and things so could be stopped in my tracks by tomorrow. I am spending some time working out the hand  finishing, little flowers, the wheels etc.The wheels especially as I am trying to come up with a different idea, almost all the ones I have seen use the same design.

Your house is coming along lovely.

Wow - you're motoring along!!  I still haven't quite finished the exterior and i've been working on it for about six weeks!  I bought a heap of trim and actually haven't used any of it.  Instead using bits and pieces I've had or found within the past few weeks.  Yes - some things I've had to figure just from looking at photos.  Here are the two sites I look at:

http://miniaturedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=7&chapter=2&zenid=f214a344bb43b4efe0f46e3d426fc461

http://www.mcqueenieminiatures.co.uk/Caravan+corner+12th+PWd6TXdBVE02a25jdmRXWjBGMlk

I've used house paint but after asking on the forum I started watering it down considerably and doing many lighter coats rather than thicker ones.  I use a combination of sandpaper or steel wool between coats.

One thing the wagon didn't come with is the cupboard underneath the back.  I really wanted one so I've been attempting to make my own.  I've already scrapped one and started another.  Hard to get exactly how I want it!  Just putting up more pics of mine now.

Ugh I am SPENT! We move so much furniture last night and now I cant move so Im going into work late. I did convince Josh that it would be a WONDERFUL idea to have the handy man guy paint the basement for us. So far he’s caved on having pros paint pretty much everything AND put in the new floors. Thank the heavens! We’re really close to having all the big stuff done though. The house is a complete disaster but we’re close!

I was on FB this morning and got fooled by an article from a place called “Tiny House Tours.” I TOTALLY thought it was a dollhouse site and got all excited when the title was “Look inside this tny colonial with its majestic fireplace.” Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was an actual tiny house and not a dollhouse :D 

11 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Was the fireplace majestic?

Meh. Id call it rustic more than majestic. It’s basically just a stone front, cabin style fireplace. Not exactly majestic if you ask me.

http://tinyhometour.com/2016/03/10/the-oceanside-retreat-a-tiny-colonial-wonder/?src=fbfan_50097&t=fbsub_tinyhometour&variation=2

Oh my aching arms and back! 

The east coast is digging out from our 2-day March snowstorm....including me!  We had 12" here in my neck of the woods.  I was on my own as far as shoveling since hubby was stuck where he was working (about an hour south of home).  Hopefully he makes it home today and can clean up the driveway proper!  I got about half of it done and I just couldn't do it anymore, so I just cleared out the "tire tracks" so I could get out this morning!  I feel like a wimp, but with my Fibro and a bad knee I just can't do it like I used to. 

Here is the view from my side porch....  I like the little "mushroom" in the neighbor's yard (it's her bird bath!)  and the "conehead" on the squirrel feeder! :)  

IMG_20180321_175107.jpg

• Like 1