What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

It's quite interesting for the depiction of late 17th Century Dutch culture and social norms, and the writing style makes it an easy read.  The story itself I find rather sad.

On a recent thrift store foray I found some "new" dvds, including "The Help".  The volunteers and I had a wonderful conversation comparing the movie to the book, since I was wondering if my favorite part of the book was in the movie (after reading The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel I was shocked at the difference!) and we were all in hysterics as they assured me it was.  If any of you grew up in the days of having a cook/maid come in to help your mommas or knew neighbors who did, or your own momma or grandma worked as one, the book is a hoot.

• Like 1

I thought about that,  actually it is a fine idea but many have been imported from the UK and have to have a region free DVD player to play them. The machines  were hard to find some years ago but are easily obtained now, however not everyone has them so borrowing from the library might prove hard.

Had to call a plumber today.  When I run the hot water in the bathroom the water pressure goes down and this horrible banging starts.  I hope it's something easy to fix but you know how these things go! Plumber should be here soon. :eek:

This waiting game is killing me.  I just want it done.  20 years in the air force moving was NEVER  this aggravating.   House in MO is 90% packed.  Most that is left is what we need to use until we move.  Banged my knee hard on the trailer hitch on the SUV yesterday.   Not going to be much help today. 

I didn’t get to work on my project this past weekend which bummed me a bit but thats because I got this great work space table.  My wife’s employer is moving soon and they bought mostly new stuff for the new building.  So they were giving away a bunch of office furniture.  Spent pretty much the whole weekend rearranging to make space for it but so worth it.    It measures 3ft by 6ft and sits a bit higher than a normal table which is perfect for me since I’m 6’3”.  

8E7B5AE7-A94A-4A45-948D-CD534BFAB8D3.jpeg

Third Monday is our Jazz Gumbo and tonight our three local colleges' jazz ensembles performed the programs they played at last weekend's Jazz Fest.  It was fabulous!

Keith, I spy a belt sander under the table top.  DH put ours beside my workbench on its own stand.

Hurray for one floor houses!   I couldn't get up a flight of stairs!   
I 've been making wallpaper for my half scale bungalow most of the day.  That is,  I spent about 3 hours hunting down designs I might like, changing my mind, finally printing.  
The wind is howling and I just got a "blowing dust" weather warning.  You can't see 10 feet from the house its so bad out here.  

It's done as of 2pm today. I am now a holder of 2 mortgages.   Yeah (insert sarcastic smile?).  Can't wait for house in MO to sell. Went to Lowe's and bought a new washer and dryer,  got the not to little, generator off the back of the pickup without anyone, .....him...... getting killed. 2 houses happily in their new home. Newburgh and willowcrest.  ( that's all I could get in my little Mazda. ) Had to keep space for pup.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

It's done as of 2pm today. I am now a holder of 2 mortgages.   Yeah (insert sarcastic smile?).  Can't wait for house in MO to sell. Went to Lowe's and bought a new washer and dryer,  got the not to little, generator off the back of the pickup without anyone, .....him...... getting killed. 2 houses happily in their new home. Newburgh and willowcrest.  ( that's all I could get in my little Mazda. ) Had to keep space for pup.

Congratulations Lawanda!  May your move be as smooth and as easy as can be possible!

• Like 1

Lawanda, so happy for you that you’ve found and are finally getting settled into your forever house.

Could you send me some of your moving boxes? Kidding of course. I’m packing up the Vero house so we can replace the floor. Everything, including the kitchen sink must be moved out. So much fun! But I still haven’t picked out my new floor.

I had just arrived in Vero this afternoon to experience the Blue Angels flying directly over my house. They were practicing for the Vero Beach Air Show this weekend. Amazing sight and sound!

• Like 1