What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

24 minutes ago, Sable said:

...experience the Blue Angels flying directly over my house. They were practicing for the Vero Beach Air Show this weekend. Amazing sight and sound!

Every so often we'll be out at Ft Pickens hiking or camping and our Blue Angels will give us a show.

I've just found out that a very dear online friend has passed away.  She had COPD and has been struggling for a few years with it.  But her heart was huge and she had a way of connecting with people that made you feel like you were the most special person in the world.  I'm heartbroken....apparently it was very sudden.

Sable, we have been looking at a water resistant flooring from home depot.  It's a click laminate that does NOT require any underlayment at all.  When we get back to MO I'll try and find the sample piece.  It's about 1/4 inch thick.  Super solid inner core.  It "life " something.  Lol

27 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

Sable, we have been looking at a water resistant flooring from home depot.  It's a click laminate that does NOT require any underlayment at all.  When we get back to MO I'll try and find the sample piece.  It's about 1/4 inch thick.  Super solid inner core.  It "life " something.  Lol

Thanks, I’m familiar with it. Problem is I need 5/8” otherwise they have to glue down plywood to maintain the door jam height and that defeats the entire purpose. With the horrid experience I’m having with the current adhesive, I’m just terrified of it. 

1 hour ago, Shareb said:

I've just found out that a very dear online friend has passed away.  She had COPD and has been struggling for a few years with it.  But her heart was huge and she had a way of connecting with people that made you feel like you were the most special person in the world.  I'm heartbroken....apparently it was very sudden.

So sorry to hear this. Big hugs  your way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Hugs.  Sorry for your loss 

2 hours ago, NellBell said:

So sorry to hear this. Big hugs  your way. 

Thank you!  I really feel for her husband and kids.....apparently it was pretty unexpected. :( 

Tuesdays are a bit of a shorter day for me, about 6 hrs and I usually finish up around 2.  Woke up and it was a beautiful sunny day, weather man said it was going to be warmer than it has been(spring reluctantly coming to play finally) and I was looking forward to coming home, opening up the garage for a bit of fresh air and possibly working on some minis.  

NOPE!  The universe had other plans.  Specifically my water heater, it decided to spring a leak while I was at work.  Nothing will kill your mojo faster than have to replace a water heater and to add insult to injury, I had managed to stash away a $100 to take to the mini show in Chicago and now that is gone :cry:

34 minutes ago, Keifer said:

Tuesdays are a bit of a shorter day for me, about 6 hrs and I usually finish up around 2.  Woke up and it was a beautiful sunny day, weather man said it was going to be warmer than it has been(spring reluctantly coming to play finally) and I was looking forward to coming home, opening up the garage for a bit of fresh air and possibly working on some minis.  

NOPE!  The universe had other plans.  Specifically my water heater, it decided to spring a leak while I was at work.  Nothing will kill your mojo faster than have to replace a water heater and to add insult to injury, I had managed to stash away a $100 to take to the mini show in Chicago and now that is gone :cry:

Aww NO! Sorry to hear that Keith :( Go to the fair and spend your $100 anyway , you only live once. Hope your day gets better.

1 hour ago, Keifer said:

Go to the show!! Even if you can't spend anything, it will be inspiring.

Keith, if your water heater is gas, consider replacing it with a tankless in-line water heater.  My biggest regret about our new house is that it's all-electric.  I miss my tankless water heater (no leaks) and cooking on my gas stove.

• Like 1

All things considered, it could have been worse.  Fortunately my FIL is very handy and was able to install the new one.  Saved us big $.  As I’ve gotten older I have been able to roll with punches more. I was able to take a hot shower today and I love my hot showers. 

Packing,  more packing.  Geeze

Friday we head to north Platte Nebraska to deliver my mother's Duncan phife sofa and huge desk (antique desk my mother bought from MY pediatrician).

Back to boufou on Sunday.   Then 5th fill the uhaul and head SOUTH!!!!  the end is in sight. 

23 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

Sad part many of my beauties will stay in MO for a bit.  Household items first, then however many will fit.  Storage unit is inexpensive and huge so they can rest easy.  I won't,  but my beauties will

but..... but...... what about me? :cry::cry:

• Like 1

By the way, Lawanda............ have I told you about the secret stash of kits under my bed? There are many, many, many houses to be built. I got your back! 

• Like 2

Every time I've managed to put aside any money, something either broke or needed to be replaced asap.  It started back in 1970 and is still going strong today.  That's why I no longer have a savings account.

I am quite happy to stay home and be ill. I got a cold a week ago Sunday and it's still hanging on.

My search for property continues. Here's the tally so far of the ones I've been interested in and have died along the wayside:

a lot that is not in a very good part of town.

a lot with a $15,000 water share I'd have to buy to have water. This lot also had 2" of standing water on it after a hard rain.

a lot that the listing said could be connected to city services and then I found out I'd have to go through the neighbor's property to hook up.

a lot that the listing said could be connected to city services but then the agent tells me it can't be hooked to sewer and a septic would be cost prohibitive. Plus it needs drains around the edges.

A lot that the agent said would cost $25,000 to put a septic on.

A lot that was almost 2 acres with a beautiful view. The view was beautiful, but there's only a quarter acre that can be built on. The rest of the lot is hanging over a cliff.

A lot that was 2 miles up the worst road you've ever seen (took me 20 minutes to go 2 miles). The only good part was, I was going to have to have my car aligned after the last "paved" road I went up. Now I don't have to because this "paved" road knocked the car back into alignment.

a 2 acre lot that had a wetland going right through the middle of it which can't be cleared or built on and effectively keeps me from even accessing the back portion of the lot and leaving me a quarter acre to build on (on top of the neighbor's back yard fence).

lots that say power and water is in the street, and they mean the street two miles down and it would cost a fortune to bring in power and water.

lots that are said to be cleared and you still need a bulldozer and machete to get through them.

lots that are "lightly wooded" means they're a jungle.

lots that are said to be level and have more humps than a rollercoaster.

lots that are said to be slightly sloping and are actually crumbling off at the cliff side.

lots that have plat maps which include the neighbor's property for sale (when it isn't).

lots that have the completely wrong address and/or location.

lots I can't find.

Yeah, it's been really, really not fun.

To me the upside of our last move was hitting our bed the first night in our new house that we weren't going to have to get up early next AM to paint or move furniture of wait for the appliance guys.

• Like 2

Thankfully no painting or repairs Holly.  Yours was in the nightmare category.   Spouse doesn't want any projects.  The kids will be most (note I said most) of the heavy moving.  Having said that he and I have to load the fridge onto the trailer today.  It's going north, not south.

Week we closed he and I had to fight washer and dryer. He and Lowe's guy loaded it, he and I had to unload. (He didn't want to wait for delivery).  I'm still feeling that adventure.