What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

2 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Uhaul in the yard. Kids come down tonight from warrensburg.   Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day.  Hope I survive.  

Me, too!  I'm looking forward to getting together!

• Like 1

Everyone, repeat after me: I AM ALMOST THIRTY YEARS OLD!

It works. Sometimes.

When I was in ICU for my aneurysm, we were able to pick the foods (out of a limited selection) we wanted for all the meals. I was thrilled. I wasn't dead, so I still ate. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausages for breakfast every morning. Someone else to do the cooking and cleanup - how can you beat that? I was usually snoring up a storm at noon, so they always left my lunch (I ordered a turkey sandwich) on the tray next to my bed. If I hadn't been so bored, I would have stayed there another week.

I have to say, I'm the only person I know of who doesn't mind being in a hospital. And if I could plan my stay, I'd be delighted to be in one. I just want to be able to take my books, crossword puzzles, paper and pencils, and a camera. The camera is in case I see any ghosts. Hospitals are reputed to be haunted and as a ghost hunter, a forced stay in a haunted hospital is a dream come true!

Yes, I know I'm  - was gonna say weird, but I feel good about myself this morning, so I'll stick to "strangely unique". Add this to the dollhouses, the astronomy, raising mice, showing model horses, and fascination with viruses and epidemics, and my mother wonders why I'm still single.

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Everyone, repeat after me: I AM ALMOST THIRTY YEARS OLD!

It works. Sometimes.

Oh I couldn't do that, I'd be lying! I'll stick to 'I'm just over thirty'

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

When I was in ICU for my aneurysm,  

Oh my! I hope you're all better?!

I don't mind hospitals either, plenty of rest and relaxation :)

'strangely unique'  you sound like my kind of people

8 hours ago, WestPaces said:

Oh I couldn't do that, I'd be lying! I'll stick to 'I'm just over thirty'

Oh my! I hope you're all better?!

I don't mind hospitals either, plenty of rest and relaxation :)

'strangely unique'  you sound like my kind of people

I generally use, "I was thirty once."

And I don't mind hospitals, either. I was in one only once for a couple of days following surgery. Very relaxing, really. I banned visitors except for Lloyd.

• Like 1

Not quite 6:30 and sis and I are set up for the yard sale that begins at 7. It's looking pretty enticing. Weather forecast: 82 F and cloudy. Perfect!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KathieB said:

Not quite 6:30 and sis and I are set up for the yard sale that begins at 7. It's looking pretty enticing. Weather forecast: 82 F and cloudy. Perfect!

I'll bet you're exhausted by now. Hope you made a fortune and spent it all on new finds :D 

10 hours ago, KathieB said:

I generally use, "I was thirty once."

And I don't mind hospitals, either. I was in one only once for a couple of days following surgery. Very relaxing, really. I banned visitors except for Lloyd.

Yeah I don't mind being in hospital but I HATE to be visited in hospital!

1 hour ago, WestPaces said:

I'll bet you're exhausted by now. Hope you made a fortune and spent it all on new finds :D 

What I'm feeling right now gives exhaustion a whole new depth of meaning. We sold about a quarter of what we offered. I gave some things away, too. :) The plan had been to put the remainders in one of the two large dumpsters provided by our homeowners association, but since what we had was really rather nice, that was bugging me. We ended up taking a full carload -- a Honda CRV, and I mean FULL -- to the St. Vincent de Paul resale shop. That made me feel much better. There were probably 60 or more stems of silk flowers in our load. The lady who accepted the donation was glad to see them. She said the flowers don't last a minute when they put them out -- they get used for cemetery flowers. 

I just dropped Helen off at home. Can't decide whether I want a long hot shower or a nap first. :hmm: I'll  face the rest of the garage cleanup tomorrow.

It was a good thing we didn't want to use the dumpsters. When we went up to the clubhouse to put a new flower arrangement in the ladies' room, we found both dumpsters filled to overflowing, with a bunch of stuff, mainly furniture, stacked around them.

When we lived in California we used to participate in a neighborhood wide garage sale. I remember it being very exhausting. One year we split the money and I took my half, $350. and drove straight to the dollhouse shop. Good old days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KathieB said:

Can't decide whether I want a long hot shower or a nap first. :hmm:

The nap won. Fell asleep around 5 pm, woke up at 11 pm. Lost 2.5 lbs.  And between 2 hours gardening on Friday and Saturday's yard sale, I have a strong feeling that my feet (and muscles in general) are planning to mutiny. This yard sale stuff is for the young, at least the way Helen and I approached it.

• Like 1

So glad the yard sale is over and that you survived it.  

Whew, I just made it into the door in Vero before the heavens came pouring down. Happy to see the rain though because my lawn man fertiled my lawn a day after the lawn spraying service fertilized the lawn. Interested to see what happens to my beautiful green lawn. 

Tomorrow begins the floor saga. So glad we bought a vacation home just under 2 hours away. Initially, it was going to be in Costa Rica or the mountains of NC. What a pain that would have been if I had to travel back and forth just to redo stupid floors.

9 minutes ago, Sable said:

So glad the yard sale is over and that you survived it.  

Whew, I just made it into the door in Vero before the heavens came pouring down. Happy to see the rain though because my lawn man fertiled my lawn a day after the lawn spraying service fertilized the lawn. Interested to see what happens to my beautiful green lawn. 

Tomorrow begins the floor saga. So glad we bought a vacation home just under 2 hours away. Initially, it was going to be in Costa Rica or the mountains of NC. What a pain that would have been if I had to travel back and forth just to redo stupid floors.

I remember my in laws getting their floors done. They had to move in with neighbors for a few days while they sanded and finished everything. It was quite an ordeal!

good thing your vacation home is close by. Though, I have to say i would also have loved a home in CR or NC. Both are gorgeous in their own ways.

Thursday another plastic part of my kitchen faucet broke and so I had to go to buy a new faucet. We kept putting it off because DH wanted to line up a plumber to do another job around the house, but he never did call a plumber to do so. So now I had this fancy new faucet in the box and needed a plumber to hook it up under my sink. DH has always been very handy around the house, he's replaced windows, built decks, replaced a roof, remodeled a kitchen, but installing faucets is the job he always hated and since he's 70 years old he declared he wasn't going to crawl under a sink again.

We couldn't get a plumber who could come to our house this week, so DH, together with our son, tackled the job. My part was to read the instructions and decipher the drawings. Seeing two guys each well over 6 feet tall squeezing into a kitchen cabinet is quite a sight. It's good to have running water that doesn't splash all over the counter and my shirt again. 

• Like 1

Well...... we made it safe and sound around 2am Sunday.   Slept for a few hours, then unloaded the uhaul  and trailer.    Kids took a quick visit to NOLA after lunch.  Came back and unpacked some boxes for us.  They headed back to MO.  Granddaughter has a school concert tomorrow. 

I spent last night and today unpacking,  unpacking,  unpacking.   I am beat.  There are hundreds of boxes to go.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

we made it safe and sound

That's what we were waiting to hear! Now comes the settling in. Pace yourself. :) 

• Like 1

I just got back from the Dallas mini show. I met Susie @Qubanqtee and Colleen @1martinimomma.  It was a great time. Collen and I took a couple of awesome classes by Shaun Crawford and Carl Sandberg.

Carl taught us how to solder and we made his Harville Fan fan1.6774530_std.JPG

In Shaun's class we made a 1/4" Tuscan Villa. This is my rendition rsz_tuscan_villa.jpg.c7e031db91f6d433088I learned so many things, and the other two ladies were an absolute joy to meet and hang out with!!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Get those dollhouse boxes unpacked first!!!!

Have to bring them down next trip.   We have another truck load left in MO.  I pretty much was out voted on what went into the truck first trip.  I have 5 here.  Sadly it's going to take me some time to repair the casualty.   My beach house did not fare well on the move. 

I guess beds and a couch was more important than dollhouses.   What were they thinking.   Lol

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

... and the other two ladies were an absolute joy to meet and hang out with!!! 

I've had the privilege to meet a number of forum members, and every last one of them was a joy to hang out with. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Redlillies said:

Nothing much to do, but really want to go hiking :) 

We did that yesterday, out the boardwalk to Tarkiln Bayou to enjoy all the carnivorous plants that grow there.  Their blackberries are just beginning to bear; not much on sweetness, but loaded with blackberry flavor!