What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

10 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I just got back from the Dallas mini show. I met Susie @Qubanqtee and Colleen @1martinimomma.  It was a great time. Collen and I took a couple of awesome classes by Shaun Crawford and Carl Sandberg.

Carl taught us how to solder and we made his Harville Fan fan1.6774530_std.JPG

In Shaun's class we made a 1/4" Tuscan Villa. This is my rendition rsz_tuscan_villa.jpg.c7e031db91f6d433088I learned so many things, and the other two ladies were an absolute joy to meet and hang out with!!!

Love that you got to meet some of the ladies from here and alcid some classes . I am going to do classes soon I hope .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NellBell said:

Love that you got to meet some of the ladies from here and alcid some classes . I am going to do classes soon I hope .

we had such a good time!  I was able to take a class on hard wiring and now I feel invincible hahahahaha.......hope your classes happed for you soon!

• Like 1

Well Lawson officially graduates from college tomorrow, holy cow! I'm so excited for him. And both the boys got hired today at my work. Funny thing is, as it turns out, I will be the one training them on the main thing they were hired to do, even though I won't be out doing that myself . For now it's just until the end of the month, but I'm hoping that can be extended a little (or a lot!). I know my husband and I both can keep them busy for most of June just with our stuff. And I know some others would love their help too.  In the meantime, Lawson is starting to look for his "big boy job". I don't envy him for the job hunting...

I will be so glad when May is over, it's always so busy. Plus this year at work, we are collecting just over 30,000 chromebooks from students (thats what the boys will be doing). Then we have to sort through and see what was and wasn't returned (that's my job). Fun times.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018, 10:27:58, WestPaces said:

In the UK we also say 'red sky at night - shepherd's delight. Red sky in the morning - shepherd's warning'

Same saying in Oz. :D 

On 5/3/2018, 8:58:59, L Swearengin said:

"Thimble ". You just brought back a sweet memory of my grandmother.   She was 98, in a nursing home.  When my sister went to visit, she asked her for some KFC.  Sister left and came back with the food.   At 98 she should eat what she wanted, not the nasty food from the home. Every visit from then until her passing she got KFC.

Lawanda, this reminds me of my Grandad.. after my Grandmother died he was devastated. He asked my parents to take him to the bottleshop to get some "smokes & whiskey" The were horrified. He hadn't smoked or drunk for his entire marriage to my Grandmother (she didn't allow it but he'd been a big carouser in his single youth :D ) and they were carrying on about his health and how he shouldn't be partaking in those things.. When they left, I stayed and took him to get them (he didn't drive).. I mean.. he was 88 years old.. chances were something else was going to kill him before the cigarettes and alcohol.. lol... I just figured if it gave him a little pleasure in his life he should have what he wanted. After that.. I had to sneak in his stash every week. :D He died a year later from something completely unrelated.. But we had some fun times in that year. :giggle::cocktail:

6 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Lawanda, this reminds me of my Grandad.. after my Grandmother died he was devastated. He asked my parents to take him to the bottleshop to get some "smokes & whiskey" The were horrified. He hadn't smoked or drunk for his entire marriage to my Grandmother (she didn't allow it but he'd been a big carouser in his single youth :D ) and they were carrying on about his health and how he shouldn't be partaking in those things.. When they left, I stayed and took him to get them (he didn't drive).. I mean.. he was 88 years old.. chances were something else was going to kill him before the cigarettes and alcohol.. lol... I just figured if it gave him a little pleasure in his life he should have what he wanted. After that.. I had to sneak in his stash every week. :D He died a year later from something completely unrelated.. But we had some fun times in that year. :giggle::cocktail:

Awe- that’s so sweet and they should have whatever they want! They made it this far! 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018, 2:02:44, Mid-life madness said:

I just got back from the Dallas mini show. I met Susie @Qubanqtee and Colleen @1martinimomma.  It was a great time. Collen and I took a couple of awesome classes by Shaun Crawford and Carl Sandberg.

Carl taught us how to solder and we made his Harville Fan fan1.6774530_std.JPG

In Shaun's class we made a 1/4" Tuscan Villa. This is my rendition rsz_tuscan_villa.jpg.c7e031db91f6d433088I learned so many things, and the other two ladies were an absolute joy to meet and hang out with!!!

Oh my gosh! How fun! I wish I was there with you guys! :D... I am just too far away from all the action.. phooey!

Well the pets are adjusting well. "Cat" found a hiding place.  Thought he got out ar the new house, but he was just napping.   In a week he will be allowed in the back.

Daughter is stopping by tomorrow night on their way to look at their prospects for house in FL.  They will leave the granddogs and hopefully the kids .   It is do nice to have a place that will sleep visiting family and friends. 

I just hope they don't trip on boxes.  I'm about half done but am really slowing down.   Being old sucks 

The movers were first class.  I’d hope so since they weren’t cheap. Everything was wrapped in blankets and carefully loaded onto their truck. I hope the VOC smell escapes all of the furniture while in storage. Next Friday the floors get ripped out and the slab will be grounded down to remove all of the troublesome adhesive. I made a last minute decision to replace the wood with tile on the floors in the second bath, kitchen pantry (water heater closet) and laundry closet, any area that can get wet. They will all mimic the tile in the master bath; a classic 1 inch white tile with two 1 inch Matt black tiles as the border. I know it’s more grout than I would like but we aren’t there that much to get the grout too dirty and I will seal it real well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sable said:

The movers were first class.

Let's hope this was a good omen for the rest of the project. The switch to tile sounds decorative as well as practical.

We are just finishing up bringing home the unsold stuff from the joint garage sale with our neighbors across the street.  The folks who stopped were in a buying mood, there just weren't that many of them.

Sam just noticed you post. Good for you. That was a great thing to do. It blows my mind that someone should worry about food that is wrong for someone who is clearly very old.

I am only 75, but  I am not going to eat rubbish because someone says it is better for me.

I've been doing some sorting and reorganizing over the last few days. I wound up with a stack of assorted plastic storage boxes and lids, so I started matching them up to store them neatly. I kept having boxes without lids and lids without boxes, so I searched through the entire house to find any remaining lidless boxes and boxless lids so I could pair everything up. I now have half a dozen boxes and half a dozen lids that don't match with any other lids or boxes. The lids are going into the recycling bin. I have this urge to write on the remaining boxes "no lid found" so I won't wind up hunting for lids in another couple of years. I guess plastic storage boxes are like those socks that you have just one of because the other one vanished somehow. On the other hand, I always know where the other sock went, it got a hole and I threw it out and am just waiting for a matching pair to develop a hole in another sock. I have no idea where the missing lids and boxes went. I never recall throwing any of them out. 

• Like 1

Kathie, I appreciate how you felt after your yard sale.  I hit the shower and then took a nap (I smelled too bad to take the nap first; it was a lovely day, but VERY warm).

By late 80s most doctors start taking us off of many of our prescription meds because we no longer metabolize them safely (why mine always orders labs before our appointments), so why not let us enjoy a few comforts, especially when we've just lost a loved one?  Good on you, Sam!

Grazhe, I though that the washing machine gods required we allow them to eat one sock from time to time.

Lawson's party is over, guess it went well. We had 4 people end up not being able to make it (bronchitis and dad in ICU... Guess they can be excused). But that's okay, I can't imagine having more people here anyway. I'm not very good at entertaining, I stress having that many people in my house. Thank  goodness I usually only have to do it once a year at Christmas, and then every so often for something like this.

#1 son disappeared for a few hours today. After dinner he presented me with this umbrella stand for the Bar room box. He had spent the afternoon going to different antique shops looking for miniatures. A wonderful Mother’s Day gift.  I love it!

D22AD5B1-9B50-44E5-BEC6-5C7CE0FDC198.jpeg

• Like 5

Silver Sands is a major outlet mall in Destin and Henderson Beach State Park is slap in Destin with a lovely campground right on the beach.  Our favorite eatery in Destin is Joe's Crab Shack, although there are a lot of good eateries.  Louisiana Lagniappe is nice if you want up$cale.  One of our former favorite restaurants is now a Good Will store.

• Like 1

This is the second time they will live there.  His EOD school is at Eglin,  now he will be an instructor at EOD school. 

I'm partial to Mcguire's.   Gotta love me an Irish Wake.  Lol.  I like walking the shopping area on the beach, don't buy,  just look.

We are 10mins from the big outlet mall here in gulfport.  Kids are happy with that. Lol

They wanted Niceville,  but housing was poor.  They settled on Crestview,  they close on BOTH  houses on June 1.  She will be in Texas, him in Florida 

:rant: This is me today. I've been looking for property since February. Today I found a lot the size I want, the area I want, with a price I can afford, that already has electric, water, and a two bedroom septic on it. I've never seen the property before in all the listings I've looked at. It's pending. And it's been listed for 151 days. WHERE WAS IT?

• Like 2