What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Since working on my houses is on hold (tools and houses still in Mo). Today I finished sanding (with steel wool) one if the 2 wrought iron chairs for my patio.  Painted a fresh coat of white on it.  Tomorrow I'll start on the other one.  Finished upholstery on the back inserts, (had to buy ANOTHER  staple gun). When they are done they will sit at the glass top table.  All of which I inherited from my mother. 

Today we went exploring a bit.  Ended up in a store called "at home".  I found my shopping heaven.   Asked my daughter what the store's name in San Antonio was where I got my bench seat cushion.    Yep I was in the right store!!!! 

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Fingers crossed for you, Kelly.  The biopsy is concerning because the "thing" is on the front of my face, right out there to gross people out if it has to come completely off & leaves any holes.

So let 'em be grossed, Holly. Anyone who says anything about it has got karma waiting to slap them in the butt. I've got I think 14 moles on my face alone, not counting any on my neck, and God knows how many on the rest of my body. I'd love to have them all taken off, but the few I've had removed have left scars, so now I'm left with living with these dang moles and looking like a witch or taking them off and having my face look like a roadmap. If I could, I'd opt for the roadmap and just let anyone say anything to me or about me about how I look. I'll set them straight in a big hurry. I don't have any patience for people with who lack manners these days and something tells me you don't tolerate it either.

I just ignore lack of manners unless I'm not allowed to ignore them.  As for the "thing", it has been there for 40+ years, slowly growing darker and more "interesting, and finally the dermatologist said it was time to have it checked.  Why she couldn't have decided six months ago or the cardiologist wait another couple of weeks to start me on blood thinners is one of those imponderables, and I don't "do" imponderables.

• Like 1

Travelling day today, starting with a Slow And easy morning right Now, the sun is showing itself over here and according to Hubby it is amåerfect day in Italy/Riccione too. A second cup of coffee is in order nowI Think :) 

Holly, I also wish you all the best with your biopsy results and I also feel very sad for al the frustration with the CC stuff.

Sable,  you said you have been hit a few times, goodness me, how awful for you both. I have never experienced this , I think I would be very scared.

Kelly, good luck with your house offer. How can you live in your car sweetie, you are very brave but if it is part of getting your dream then I send you all my good wishes too.

I went to the hospital yesterday to have my pre-op stuff done. I went to the blood clinic but they had no requisition and as it is a long weekend here they are closed over the weekend and everyone was leaving at three.. I made in to the cardiac unit just on 3pm but the very kind technician  there gave me the ECG without a requisition but no go on the blood, calls to admitting proved a no go as did the calls to the surgeons office, so the receptionist told me to come in half an hour early on Wednesday and they would do the blood work then. I hope she is right. I am scheduled for surgery at 11.40 am and have to be there for 9.40 am so just going half an hour earlier makes me a bit nervous. It is going to be a LONG long weekend.It was very strange that the hospital did not have the info as they had phoned me about coming in and my surgeon phoned and gave me the times. Lets hope they don't take a leg off!

I managed to finish all the paintwork on my caravan so am working on the soft furnishings for inside now. I stayed up all night to watch the Royal wedding so managed to get some of it done.

46 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

The bleeding stopped yesterday and I think I'll have a lovely big scab by the time the bandaid falls off.

Holly, I can give you the name of a good plastic surgeon in Boca Raton. Imagine what it’s like to have 45% of your nose cut out. Down here it seems like everyone has had a skin graft done to fix what the Dermatologist do. My Derm said to me, “Biopsies and Mohs surgery are done to save your life, plastic surgery makes you pretty again”.

Just this past month I’ve been walking around without some type of bandage on my nose for the first time in a year. Not one person has starred at my nose or made any comments. I know there is still  a pronounced scar (the scar is called an allergy crease) so I’m self conscious of it. People have been very considerate. 

Anyway, a skin graft should fix your hole.

I'm not anticipating a hole unless the spot on my face is 1) malignant and 2) goes bone deep.  And I expect we have a plastic surgeon or two right here in P'cola, although if Medicare doesn't cover it I guess I'll make do with a scarf.  I have no vanity, but I do like to spare other people shock and upset.

While waiting for my cell phone glass to be repaired, I walked into a used furniture store. I saw the most beautiful bed to recreate in miniature. It was a French Provencial design made by Henredon. The cherry wood had been completely painted in white which made it very feminine. It was gorgeous. I found one on the web. Look at the third photo in the attached link and see the detail of the brackets:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Queen-Bed-Frame-Canopy-Panel-Bed-French-Provincial-Bed-by-Henredon/182528840438?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20150313114020&meid=21e8159ebf37421bae275825413dffe8&pid=100338&rk=5&rkt=21&sd=152870074942&itm=182528840438&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I'm not anticipating a hole unless the spot on my face is 1) malignant and 2) goes bone deep.  And I expect we have a plastic surgeon or two right here in P'cola, although if Medicare doesn't cover it I guess I'll make do with a scarf.  I have no vanity, but I do like to spare other people shock and upset.

Obviously, I was only kidding about coming to Boca. I’m sure their are plenty of fabulous surgeons in Pensicola.  I suspect Medicare will cover a graft based on the number of people in my doctor’s waiting room, at least 75% were seniors. I was amazed at how many men get skin cancer on their heads. 

8 hours ago, Sable said:

...I was amazed at how many men get skin cancer on their heads. 

We started the biennial trip to the dermatologist because of all the "spots" DH was getting on his head!  We went through chemo with about six of them; I took the rest of the rubber gloves out to the workshop.  It was your post about the plastic surgeons in Boca that got me to look see what was available closer.  Of course, I'd love to visit; but nearly 20 years ago visiting the kid living in that part of the state at the time the traffic was ghastly, and I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

Haha, no it has not. I had to go to his office 28 times this past year. Pre op, op, stitch removal, one month check up times 7 surgeries.      Plus Boca isn’t that convenient to Parkland/Coral Springs since we are out west. 

Thank you both. I am not sure how long I will be gone, they said a few days as it is a bit more complicated than  usual  but I may be lucky and get out sooner

.I am trying to tidy up my house and workroom before I go. 8 bags so far for Value Village. I need to make  a real thorough clean  sweep of all the "stuff" I have and let a lot go but that isn't an easy task. I guess it is an age thing and I hate parting with treasures but the reality there are things I know I will never use again. I often wonder if everyone goes through this at a certain stage.. Some of you must have done the same thing.

My SIL came and placed my huge big UK dollhouse on my worktable so that is my project when I get home and and when I am able to   work at the table.The shell is all made and it has had a coat of primer on so a clean slate  to start. I figured papering the ceilings should be the first job then I can get the lights in as soon as I can, so it is laid on it's back. Mean while I have all the bedding and curtains etc for the caravan to keep me busy, plus the same for Joe's house. If I get fed up of hand sewing and feel I have to work on a house before I am able to tackle the biggie I have my Petite Property ones which I can do on  y lap.

On 5/19/2018, 4:08:41, Thimble Hall said:

Kelly, good luck with your house offer. How can you live in your car sweetie, you are very brave but if it is part of getting your dream then I send you all my good wishes too.

Thank  you, but not very good news. The lot was listed at $33,000 and had been on the market for 3 years. I offered $25,000 and the counteroffer was  - $33,000. I have the money; it just sets me back a year is all. That means living in my car two years instead of just one. If I live in my car, I can save almost $10,000 a year. And once the lot is bought, it will cost about another $20,000 to get the electric and water hooked up, get the property cleared again, get a shed on it, and get a septic put on it. The only good thing is I can probably sell the lot for about $80,000 if I get all that done.

Anyway, you take care Jeannine and let us know what happens.

we got a quote for a new septic on a property my granddaughter wanted to buy and it was, $4,000.00 for just the septic tank. so your 20 seems a bargain for all that. Can you not find and old cheapo trailer to use, I see them around for 3000.00 and they are quite nice, perhaps not many years left in them, but good for temporary./ There are often old trailers for sale on some of the trailer holiday parks when folks get new ones. round Birch Bay

I shall be thinking of you.

I couldn't help looking at used trailers on Craigs list in Washington yesterday, there were quite a few, some as low as $3000, they were small though. there was a really nice one at $7000 with everything including a queen sized bed,but many cheaper than that all with stoves etc and would serve the purpose .There was even a freebie but it needed work. It might be worth a look Kelly.

The R pod is similar to a small Boler we had years ago, very tiny but amazingly put together, folks used to ask if they could see inside It actually looks very interesting

Anyway whatever you decide, I am right behind you pushing you on. I admire you very much for your courage. XX Jeannine

oh...we also celebrated the Baby Dedication of my little granddaughter on Sunday!  :p  She is 11 months old now - - walking and SO busy!  LOL  She was toddling all over the house the entire afternoon! She wore us all out!  

IMG_20180520_124127.jpg

• Like 2

The bandaid finally fell off and the bits of dried blood removed with petroleum jelly on a Qtip, thank goodness, as we are due to attend a jazz function tonight and I didn't feel like being gross.

• Like 2