What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

My daughter (18) is going for her drivers license today!  Fingers crossed!  She's had her learners for two years so about time she went for her restricted.  Apparently I get to sit in the back seat - yay......

36 minutes ago, Shareb said:

My daughter (18) is going for her drivers license today!  Fingers crossed!  She's had her learners for two years so about time she went for her restricted.  Apparently I get to sit in the back seat - yay......

Fngers crossed for her Rebecca!!!  Don't sit in the back seat unless she begs you to be there... jus' sayin' :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

Good grief, Denise! This remodel has certainly been a bear! So glad to know that it looks great again. Hope you have  some time to enjoy it. :) 

I always had a saying, “Remodels are always double the price and double the time”. It was only 16% over budget and delayed only one week. The hiccups are always to be expected; I’m glad I had you ladies and gents to console me through it all.  Mostly, through it all, my husband and I still love each other.

• Like 1

So today I installed a real shelf (no help).  It's actually level.

I got the stilts back on the log cabin.  Beach house is next.

I was going to hang the match boxes today but just wasn't into getting up on the step stool.  Maybe tomorrow since it's supposed to rain again.

Spouse took his navigator in for a few maintenance problems.   Picked it up, drove home and it was stinking like crazy.   Something smelt burned.   Ford dealer is sending a tow truck for it in the morning.   $$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

Oh jolly good news, these days that is a minor miracle, she should be very proud.. I don't know about New Zealand but it is very hard here in BC Canada and it takes a very long time. I doubt if I would have the courage to do it again

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

Oh jolly good news, these days that is a minor miracle, she should be very proud.. I don't know about New Zealand but it is very hard here in BC Canada and it takes a very long time. I doubt if I would have the courage to do it again

Yep - hard here too.  She passed a theory test when she was 16 to get her Learners.  Then it took almost 2 years to learn and be confident enough to take the practical part in order to get her restricted license.  She has that for I think 18 months - slightly less if she does a defensive driving test.  Then takes another test to get her full license.  The roads are so much busier these days but she did really well in the test (I went along too) - even avoiding a collision when a truck turned in front of her!  Most kids fail the first time and have to re-sit from what I've heard.  Now son is 16 he's getting ready to sit his learners and then off we go again!  Thankfully he is more positive about learning to drive so hopefully should be a little faster at it!

7 hours ago, Keifer said:

Congrats!  My day is coming soon, about a yr from now, totally not ready for that. 

As in teaching a teen??  It's pretty terrifying to begin with even though we did get our daughter proper lessons to start off with.  She refused to drive with her Dad for a while! :D 

I am now a property owner! I gave the check to the title company today and by Monday, it should be recorded and official. Now, I'm just trying to get the cleared part of the property mowed and then have an outside water faucet brought onto it. That might be trickier than finding the property, though!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I am now a property owner! I gave the check to the title company today and by Monday, it should be recorded and official. Now, I'm just trying to get the cleared part of the property mowed and then have an outside water faucet brought onto it. That might be trickier than finding the property, though!

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you Kelly!  I pray it will all move quickly and cost less then you budgeted!!!

Have not been posting much because work has been so busy.  We upgraded our email server, our document processing system, and our Office Suite, and I am on point for all of those.  I also have to work with our IT department, which is . . . challenging.  Next we are upgrading to Windows 10.  I did get a brief break to go visit my Mom in Arizona.  I am going back in mid-July (which will be hot) to stay with her for a few days following her second knee replacement surgery.  (She had the first one done two years ago.)  I have finished the Orient Express and am going to try to post pictures soon.  I am now busy working on the Sagamore Hill Library build.  I've started a blog, but even that is behind schedule, since I only recently started it, and I need to catch up to where I am on the build.

Even though I haven't had much chance to comment, I have still been watching and loving the work I've seen posted.

6 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Have not been posting much because work has been so busy.  We upgraded our email server, our document processing system, and our Office Suite, and I am on point for all of those.  I also have to work with our IT department, which is . . . challenging.  Next we are upgrading to Windows 10.  I did get a brief break to go visit my Mom in Arizona.  I am going back in mid-July (which will be hot) to stay with her for a few days following her second knee replacement surgery.  (She had the first one done two years ago.)  I have finished the Orient Express and am going to try to post pictures soon.  I am now busy working on the Sagamore Hill Library build.  I've started a blog, but even that is behind schedule, since I only recently started it, and I need to catch up to where I am on the build.

Even though I haven't had much chance to comment, I have still been watching and loving the work I've seen posted.

Why does everyone keep making us old dogs learn new tricks? I'm on the Windows 10 for about a year now. It's fine, but so was XP! Good luck with all the new integration!

Thank god for AC - hope it's a fast recovery for mom.

Can't wait to see the finished train car! Blog link, please... :cheezy:

• Like 1

Congrats Kelly! I'm sure there's lots to do, but don't forget to stop and remember that this is your dream coming true! :)

I just started having a lawn service for the first time this spring. I used Craigslist and Thumbtack and Yelp to find people to give bids. I found they were wildly different for the same amount of work, so get several bids and read reviews. Good luck!!!

1 hour ago, My Miniature Madness said:

Thank god for AC - hope it's a fast recovery for mom.

Can't wait to see the finished train car! Blog link, please...

Thank you!  Fortunately, we will be inside most of the time anyway, although I did promise to make daily Starbucks runs for her.

My blog is here:  https://thehalfscaleofit.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Thank you!  Fortunately, we will be inside most of the time anyway, although I did promise to make daily Starbucks runs for her.

I'm glad you are okay. I was missing you....

I feel sad now that you have sweat dripping  down from places best left the imagination....I must have grown new anatomy because I leave marks where I shouldn't, either that or I must have a small leak coming from my newly grown camel hump! Any way, keep cool and enjoy your Momma.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Thank you, Deb! Now I've got you in my blog roll, so I won't miss an update!

I'm off to pack for a romantic weekend with the hubs. When I was 16 and he was 20, we got a flat tire in Sequim, WA and got to spend our first all nighter together. We're going back to recapture that special night, but I could live without another flat tire. Now that we're old, though, we have AAA! :cheezy:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, My Miniature Madness said:

I'm off to pack for a romantic weekend with the hubs. When I was 16 and he was 20, we got a flat tire in Sequim, WA and got to spend our first all nighter together. We're going back to recapture that special night, but I could live without another flat tire. Now that we're old, though, we have AAA! 

What a great story!  Enjoy!!  (And so glad you have AAA.)

On 6/15/2018, 7:10:05, My Miniature Madness said:

Thank you, Deb! Now I've got you in my blog roll, so I won't miss an update!

I'm off to pack for a romantic weekend with the hubs. When I was 16 and he was 20, we got a flat tire in Sequim, WA and got to spend our first all nighter together. We're going back to recapture that special night, but I could live without another flat tire. Now that we're old, though, we have AAA! :cheezy:

But is the back seat still big enough?

• Like 3