What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Heading bank to Vero again tomorrow. I’m having the AC ducts and coil cleaned of residual concrete dust. Also, the Xfinity guy is coming to figure out why the new line is causing tv distortion. On Friday, hubby and our best friend are coming up to help put the artwork back up and then finally have a laid back weekend on the beach.  First thing I have to do when I arrive tomorrow is to purchase thank you gifts for my three neighbors. They were awesome during the whole renovation. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to call each of them to close windows and/or doors which the contractors had left open. I have a camera in my place that assisted me with monitoring stuff like that. We have some fabulous gift shops so deciding what to get each of them will be a challenge. 

• Like 1

Well, I thought my week was starting out pretty boring....so I threw in an emergency visit to the ER with a kidney stone to liven things up a little. 

Feeling better (thank the Lord for drugs!) -and back to work.

Best part of my week comes tomorrow evening: going to pick up my newest addition to my dollhouse collection!!!  SO excited!!:cucumber:

• Like 2

Oh no Jackie! I hope you feel better. And yay for the new house!!

So, I was having a normal day at work today, when Lawson came in my office (both boys are working for my department this summer) and calmly said, So, Brennen hit his head... I was pretty calm, Okay, it is bleeding? Yes, a bit...

So we visited the first aid kit, he went back over started cleaning it. I came a few minutes later to check it. Luckily the school they were in had a Health Occupation class, so me and the tech they were helping went and found supplies in the cabinet, more useful than in the first aid kit.

He's fine, just a small little gash, he's had much worse (twice). But we had to do the workplace accident form. I presented it to the guy to sign, and I started with, He's okay, but...

Oh, and about an hour before another co-worker got stung by a wasp, his first sting. He's okay too, and not allergic. Two accident reports in one day, yikes. 

Actually, he's not! Just a few weird things.

The first injury, at age 5, he jumped off the sofa like Superman, right into the door. In middle school he got pushed during a game of dodgeball. But he doesn't fall or run into things and he's not clumsy.

Today he was working on a laptop cart, and hit the overhang of the top as he came up. Luckily it was laminate wood and not metal. 

Oh! So this is his first job, and he's been here 6 weeks. His first day, he got sick (he never gets sick either!) and had to leave 2 hours in. I'm sure it was his nerves, poor boy. And now this.  He hasn't had a good experience working so far!

We all get off work soon, and I'll check it again when we get home.

I am having a bath re done..

• My beautiful bathroom is only about 18 months old but it is a bath  and shower  which I wanted when  I moved from the main house  into  the carriage house  but  I can no longer step over the bath edge without taking  chances so it is coming out and a walk in shower the size of the bath is going in. It is a strange feeling to wreck something that is in excellent shape but it is a must do. The shower doors went yesterday and today the demolition starts.

I considered all the options like the sit down bath with a door etc but decided on the above. It has very expensive tiles right to the ceiling and round the small window and on the sill which are in perfect shape so it is a bit heart wrenching. We hoped to match them but no chance . They are already discontinued, Apparently they do that about every three years, so for the sake of about 18 tiles it all has to go.

I am annoyed at my body that is letting me down so I have to do this.... sob sob. I wish I had done this in the first place..sob sob

As you can see I am really miffed by this error of judgement.

2 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

As you can see I am really miffed by this error of judgement.

Hey, we can't think of everything. The memories of the current bath will fade quickly as you enjoy the new shower. :) 

So, all the first load boxes are empty, broke down, tied together according to size.  Now to find a recycling center.

Tomorrow we make a quick trip back to MO for a small load.  I hope to get my mother's secretary in the trailer and my workbench. One granddaughter is making the journey with us, (a long with the blind dead dog). I am definitely putting the kits in the back of the navigator .  

8 hrs up, 10 back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Thank you.  I really couldn't imagine taking a dead dog anywhere.

Well, JoJo came with me to Atlanta, but there really wasn't a good place to bury his ashes by the condo in New Orleans. 

17 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Well, JoJo came with me to Atlanta, but there really wasn't a good place to bury his ashes by the condo in New Orleans. 

Yes, but Jojo was ashes; that doesn't convey nearly as lurid a mental image!

We went to the local farm and picked fruit today. Blueberries, blackberries, and peaches. Got interrupted by two thunderstorms, and I insisted on getting a full bucket of blueberries, so we were there about 3 1/2 hours. (blueberries were slow picking! We got a bucket of blackberries in about 20 minutes, a peck of peaches in 10.) The rain and breeze kept it fairly cool though.

So, when my legs have recovered from the walking and squatting, I'll be peeling and slicing peaches, and if I'm real adventurous, I'll make some blackberry jam.

• Like 1

Up on Saturday,  loaded trailer Saturday evening (had help from 2 young men), back to Mississippi today.  "Dead" dog traveled well.  Lol 

Managed to get around 10 kits loaded into the back of navigator.   Will unload trailer tomorrow.   Going to be interesting  only him and I will be doing the heavy lifting here. Hope the antique secretary survives. 

• Like 1