What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Congratulations and welcome home, Claudia!  (HUG)  My DH's momma will be 94 next month and recently moved from her independent living condo to the campus's assisted living facility/ nursing home.  Your site is lovely, but I wish you would put the scale on more of the kit items.

I see that Kathie answered you, too.  Because I have the same houses and furniture in 2 scales, I have tried to keep them labeled. Please let me know if something is missing.  All the 1:144 houses are called "micro".

I've been on the phone with my webmaster for about an hour this afternoon. I have around 200 more products to upload and am trying to figure out their "global upload" - as opposed to putting each one in individually!  Still working on that!

Thanks for the hug, Holly. I keep thinking about you all - had to dash over to say hi. 

• Like 1

My walk in shower is completely finished, just waiting for the silicone round the door to cure overnight and I can use it. tomorrow . My SIL as expected made a perfect job, he is as picky as me so I am very lucky and of course he will not let me pay him labor costs. The company I had hired but got uncomfortable about quoted me  $4020  plus taxes for the labor only. We kept a very concise list of the hours my SIL took to do the whole thing and figured out from the hours he took and the companies quote they were charging $210 an hour for labor  plus taxes but nothing else..

I insisted on paying for the stuff needed, the shower base,  tiles to the ceiling with decorative band around, shower doors and all the glues ,caulking,grout etc and  other bits of stuff, saving a huge amount of money on the local sales. 25% for I day only in the builders where my expensive doors came from  Another shop had 30 % off the bits and pieces,  and my high end tiles had 40% off  at another shop as did the base and drain so the whole redo cost me less than $1000. 

I am very blessed with my SIL

• Like 4

On the road AGAIN.  In Springfield  MO. Picking up one granddaughter taking her to MS and then FL. 

Almost have the craft room in the new house complete.   Started fixing the beach house.  Then back on the road.  I'm getting to old for all this road time., but live having my grandkids around. 

My son, DIL and the grandkitties left Florida early this morning and have made it to North Carolina so far! :clap:  Everyone is doing ok. We all think they are nuts, but they are hoping to drive straight thru and arrive in Gaithersburg, MD by late tonight!

Made it back to Mississippi last night no rain until we were within a few miles to the house, then the sky opened up.  

Up and on the road again (wave Holly) to crestview FL to daughter's house.   Time for fun. 2 teenage cousins to get in trouble.   Hahahaha 

I did some very local driving today, around our subdivision, noting house numbers on a crudely drawn map. I'm doing the HOA newsletter and decided in all my wisdom to have it hand delivered to every front door knob instead of paying upwards of $500 for the management company to print and mail it out to our 315 homeowners. About 25% of our houses are rentals, so those folks wouldn't get a mailed copy; it would go to the non-resident home owner. This troubled me. So I'm playing cartographer, dividing the community into 12 distribution zones and trying to round up a dozen folks to walk the routes. I'm pleased with the newsletter, and one of my nieces today offered to help with distribution if I can't find enough locals. Picked up the newsletters at Office Depot this afternoon. Now to roll them and fasten with a rubber band that can be affixed to the door knob. A mini publishing company. :D 

While at Office Depot I spotted a task chair perfect for the craft room. I've been using a couple of stools and an out-sized chair. Cumbersome at best. So the chair was $99. I talked the manager into selling me the floor sample for th $99 + their assembly fee, but then noticed a second chair, identical to the first, with a tag that said $99, 25% off this display model only. Ha! So I ended up getting the chair I liked for $75. Beats a poke with a sharp stick any day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sable said:

Kathie, would the Board ever consider an emailed newsletter?

The problem is that not all homeowners have email, or at least not an email address they choose to share with us, and it would miss the renters, who are not in the management company's database. I will send a file to the manager and ask her to attach it to an email blast to all of the addresses they have. That means some folks will get both hard and digital copies, but it will get it to most of the non-resident owners.

45 minutes ago, KathieB said:

The problem is that not all homeowners have email, or at least not an email address they choose to share with us, and it would miss the renters, who are not in the management company's database. I will send a file to the manager and ask her to attach it to an email blast to all of the addresses they have. That means some folks will get both hard and digital copies, but it will get it to most of the non-resident owners.

When our mini club went to a monthly digital newsletter we got some resistance since not everyone had an email address so we mail hard copies to about 5% and email the rest. It has really saved us money in colored ink and paper cost. 

I give you a lot of credit for maintaining a newsletter. It’s not an easy task. 

I'm limping again!  After a couple of falls, I'm finally walking without a cane or any other device to trip over.  I paid most of my DW's debt and made the down payment on a new car for her.  A rodent crawled into the frame of her old car and died in a location that cannot be reached, but makes the inside smell like we've been transporting bodies for the mob.  We spent a small fortune trying to get the odor out, but unsuccessfully.  My mother is in need of a car and believes she can get it dealt with, so I'm giving her the car next week.  

I also bought a 2014 Harley Davidson Streetglide last week.  After 4 months without riding, I was going crazy.  The Tudor didn't get any work during my home rehab.  I wasn't clear headed enough to do anything with it.  I am going to do some renovations on my real house over the next few months.  If the job I have been interviewing for (2 down, one or two to go), I'll be working close to home, for more income than my two jobs combined, and I'll have time to make some real progress on the Tudor.

88fzG7

• Like 2

Glad to hear you are ambulatory and hot on the trail of a more lucrative job. Sounds as if you have been keeping your family well despite your cascading tragedies. Bur ... you have another Harley? Jeez, Jeremy. Do you have a few bones left that you weren't able to break with your previous bikes? 

If your mom can outlast it, that ol' rodent's body will, over time, pass from rotting corpse to desiccated mummy. Mummies don't smell. :) 

• Like 1

Office chair. Kathie,.now that is something I need to buy. I have a very modern one and it is about as comfortable as a brick, so I need to look around and find something more cushioned. I still can only sit on it for about 20 minutes and it doubles as my craft chair too so I am still unable to start working on anything as I am still healing from my surgery and I am told it could  be some time before it has completely healed.

Any ideas very welcome on comfy office chairs!!

Working on my 8th prayer shawl and totally sick of knitting but not much options right now

On 7/4/2018, 4:25:23, L Swearengin said:

...I10 can be a bear.

It usually is, especially during holidays.  We have a back-up plan (we know every interchange with a motel next to a Waffle House).

PS:  Home again, we didn't need the back up plan.  We got off at Mossy Head and switched to US90, which was not only far more civilized but went right  by a Shrimp Basket, where we dined on grilled shrimp platters.

• Like 1

All ready Now for a week starting tomorrow visiting a small mounain villige in northern Greece. So might not be around for a while as I have no Idea if we'll have avses to the ner or anything. The plan for the week is mainly hiking, relaxing and spelning time with the hubby. (Oh and I have Afcourse packed a small Box of mini-ing stuff) :)

• Like 2

Well, we were successful in getting the antique secretary off the trailer and into the house without breaking it to pieces. (It's a very large piece of furniture).  (Or killing my spouse or myself) .  

Started cleaning it to put the shelves back in when I realized we dont have the wood braces that hold the shelves.  There was ONE.  From that one and my favorite saw and some square dowels,  I am now making real life wood things to hold them in place.  It will be a very short venture into wood working, lol.  

I did manage to get a new base built for my beach house.   "Pilons " are screwed in and plumb.  I'm going to keep it unattached to the house to make it easier to move when necessary.  Now to remove the old ones I TRIED to reattach after the big move.

Trying to get home from Philadelphia after one engine failed 15 minutes after takeoff. Landed safely, obviously. They are putting us on a new flight shortly. I’ve been at this airport since 1:00 this afternoon. On the way up here our flight was canceled due to mechanical issues. We had to fly to Baltimore instead and rent a car to get to Philadelphia 6 hours late. I’m so ready to be home in my bed now! But my niece’s wedding was lovely. 

6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Have fun and stay cool, Anna.  We are getting slammed with rain & heat.

Over here we are in a really warm andryg spell for beinghere, we are under watering caution, ie no use of garden hose for watering  etc and most lawns etc are dried out, so also fire hazards... we might get some rain later this week, which atleast would help with lessen that though. 

Sun screen and hats packed and we are almost ready to leave the house for the AirPort Now.