What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

In Helen the last time we were there (we stayed at Unicoi State Park) there were concessionaires offering tubing trips down the local part of the Chattahoochee.  Dahlonega had a gold-mining museum, and I think there are still some of the tourist traps businesses offering to let you pan for gold.  We were up there hiking to see all the waterfalls the summer before I had to get my first pacemaker, so that has bee over ten years.

I shall be cooking or the homeless dinner this week, this is the 3ed time I have managed to get back to it since my rotten surgery so things are looking up. I am planning to feed 25 this week with baked chicken, Greek salad, corn on the cob, buttered bread rolls and English trifle for afters

Also going to see my DR to discuss the results of last weeks CT scan,,wish me luck there.  My inability to do minis is the churches gain I have 17 knitted prayer shawls shawls to take in  for the ministry and have enough yarn for make 5 more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Samusa said:

Happy Birthday to Maya! Now I know why she’s such a great student and all round cool chick. She’s a fellow Virgo! :cheer:Let her eat cake! (Did you find any cocoa powder?)

I FINALLY did! So frustrating. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong section. I have always looked over with the baking stuff but maybe I need to be looking at the organic stuff. As a bonus, I have friends here visiting and they brought me two boxes of it as well so I am set for a bit! Who knew something so simple would be so hard to find. We ended up making a box cake. Way too sweet for my taste buds but Maya loved it and she had a great time making it with our friends.

18 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Don't forget all the Hans Christian Andersen sites, too.

I hate to admit this but I have always been so disappointed by The Little Mermaid statue. It's TINY and that whole area is just choked with tourists. I feel the same way about the Mona Lisa. When I took Maya to the Louvre and she saw it, she was like "Is that IT?" She much preferred the incredibly morbid Luini painting in the next room depicting Salome holding the head of John the Baptist. I promise it's not because she's a murderer lol. She just loved the composition and how shocking it was. When she saw it, she said "Now THAT's a painting!" That said, there is a very famous statue of HCA in the Rosenborg gardens. The gardens are part of Rosenborg Castle and are just lovely so I'll definitely walk them over there.

Just a quick rant cuz I need to vent.  The garage on my residence is an addition and it shows but hey some garage is better than no garage.  When we moved in, I noticed it but thought nothing of it, but there is a manhole cover/ sewer cover in the middle of the garage.  The village needs access to it all of sudden and as luck would have it, my project is sitting on a table right over it. 

The real kicker... the village says my garage may need to be taken down because the previous owner did not have a permit. :rant:

On 2018-09-02 13:13:57, SewMini said:

*runs in hyperventilating* I FOUND A DOLLHOUSE SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I’m so excited! It’s only a 20 minute drive from me in gorgeous Hillerød! I’m so excited!

Yay!!! Somhappy for you!

Yikes Keith! What a nightmare. I’m not surprised they didn’t have a permit, over here they would never let you build over sewer access. I’m surprised that unpermitted work wasn’t picked up during conveyancing? Do they not check for that stuff in the US? I’d be super peeved at my real estate attorney if I got stung like that. Do you have any recourse there? Who the heck wants to park outside in a Chicago winter!!! I hope it all works out for you.

On 2018-09-02 13:13:57, SewMini said:

*runs in hyperventilating* I FOUND A DOLLHOUSE SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I’m so excited! It’s only a 20 minute drive from me in gorgeous Hillerød! I’m so excited!

Yay!!! Somhappy for you!

Been a bit busy wi work latley and just been popping in and out very quickly, so have some catching up to do. And as I am a butterfly brain too :) ai also jumper back into enrolling as a seller in the fall show in Stockholm, in late October so am fiddling a little s and that and hence My quest for today, finding empty needle boxes for an Idea I have rumbling around.... i want to make Kitty liter boxes and thought that the bottom half of a needle/pin container would be a good starting point, so anyone know if there is somewhere they have these containers non-filled? large.IMG_1861.PNG.7201165d67b3198fb1142

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I used both "plastic pin boxes" and "plastic sewing pin boxes".  You might try both English and Swedish.

Ah, copied those, used needle and mostly got those round thingies for those

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I used both "plastic pin boxes" and "plastic sewing pin boxes".  You might try both English and Swedish.

Many. One possible option with that search string, Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Try Ali Express....

Mmmmm, wandered off there and still have a tab open to continue that venture tomorrow, found a LOT of interesting (non necesseray but fun) stuff there... :) 

• Like 1

Been a busy year so far......... Haven't had much time for minis, but I am currently de-cluttering the house, transforming my guest bedroom into tool and dollhouse storage, treating myself to some wire-shelving on wheels (got so tired of dust bunnies everywhere - tried to kill one a few weeks ago because I thought it was a mouse... sigh) and just overall revamp my place. I feel bad for our garbage disposal service - those bins have been full and very heavy those past two weeks.

I tried to sell some stuff on facebook marketplace, but that turned into such drama, that I decided to just throw out. Still can't believe the nerve of some people. I tried to get rid of some soap making materials, offered a lot of bulk materials for free for pick up and they messaged me to ask me to deliver 35 miles out. I can't even......

Anyways, I hope as fall approaches I'll be done and everything is where it needs to be. I promised myself a new computer when I'm done to motivate me. (Already got a new dollhouse..... sigh). I'm trying to come up with a workbench that allows me to work on more than one project while still have enough space to move around in my office/workroom.

If anyone has an idea of a 5 or 6 feet movable work table on wheels - let me know. 

PS: Y'all might want to buy shares from Hefty............ I'm using a lot of garbage bags here..... LOL

• Like 1

Went to FL. Youngest grandson's first football game.  I lasted 3 quarters (with an umbrella), but sun finally won and I had to retreat to the car and turn on the AC.  Felt bad the rest if the day.  

Head back again for Tuesday game.  Have I ever mentioned I detest football.    Grandpa is super excited.   I'm just happy to spend time with the kids.

Attended the funeral of my childhood friend's dad today. :( Saw a couple people that it was nice to catch up with. Shame that some people you only see on occasions like that. Herman Cain put on his Minister Hat and did the service. That's always a treat, and his wife Ms. Gloria is so dang cute. Hung out with his daughter (we know each other from the kids' school) during those awkward times before and after the service when you're just waiting for the next thing. It was a sad day though, and my friend really wasn't holding up too well. But then, the sweet soul, she was wiping my tears away and giving me her tissue!

When I got home my dad came over to visit. I haven't seen him in over 3 months, so that was a nice visit.

Tomorrow we are going to an Escape Room for another friend's birthday. We will be trying to escape from zombies. Wish us luck!

CT results in, being sent to a neuro surgeon now as it showed my vertebra compressing and that is causing several problems , so hopefully the surgery will take some pain off me. No doubt there will be along wait.

Also got the phone call today that my IV iron infusions start on Wednesday, I am booked for three sessions over the next week, so that may help my fatigue , some soft tissue pain and my breathing. I don't fancy this much as I am told some of the side effects can be tough but  I am going to be positive and just float through it. It would be great to get some quality of life back not to mention the mobility..