What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

1 hour ago, jrchob said:

it as if they were placed here for a reason

Amen! It takes a special person to step in and bring comfort and a good life to our furry friends who are nearing the end of their life. Bless you, Janet. <big hugs>

• Like 3

We ended up saying goodbye to Bacon today. He took a turn for the worse and it was just time. He was my buddy and I’ll miss him. Poor Josh didnt even get to be there to say goodbye. He had been hospitalized since this morning but we decided to emd his suffering. Maya and I brought him a hamburger from McDonalds as a parting gift. Now he can run free.

• Like 1

Oh Miranda, I'm so sorry. It is truly a heart wrenching time. These little animal souls just really capture our hearts with their pure love. I hope my Wrigley meets him at the bridge for a big play. Sending you big virtual hugs. 

Thanks all. He was a good dog. Not well behaved mind you, but a good dog. He was everything a hound was supposed to be. We lost him pretty quickly. He only got sick 6 weeks ago. I've spent the last month on the couch so he wouldn't have to go upstairs. My back has been killing me but it was worth it. I'll remember all the happy times. He loved sitting up here in my mini room while I worked. sometimes he'd even block my chair! I'm ok about it though and not too sad. It was his time and we had our goodbyes.

In happier news, all of my Shapeways figurines are in production! I'm hoping to see them in a week or two. I was a little worried as the Freddie figurine took a bit longer to go into production than the piano or the Jim figurine. It finally went though. I'm holding off on doing anything until I get those. The last thing I want to do is get started on a project and then find out I haven't sized it right. While I'm waiting I may make the paper model I got of St. Chapelle last year. it's been sitting there all lonely waiting for me lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Miranda me too ,I am sorry to hear about Bacon, but I love that he is running free.

I am in Holland, I flew in the day before yesterday, very long . very tiring and very painful, but that is all of the negatives gone.

The positives are... My SIL took me to the airport in a chair and handed me over.The assist staff both ways were exceptional, I only walked the few feet to my seat I used the seat backs for support, On arrival my assist took me through luggage collection, customs and to my son at the barrier without my feet touching the floor. My son had brought a wheel chair with him too, so I was fine all the way.

A rather nice thing happened just before  the folks were leaving the plane. A flight attendant up the aisle and confirmed I was Jeannine C. she had a little  Delft house and gave it to me. . I was so surprised and thanked her. I told her I did houses and  miniatures said she would let "them" know  it was going to the right person. I guess they pick a seat at random and it happened to be me.  I believe Delft and KLM are connected is some way as the flight attendant instructions were filmed in the Delft factory.

I went straightaway to the palliative care unit my DIL is in, we had both said on the phone we were not going to tear up, but of course we both did. Her paralysis is still at her sternum level so she can move from there up, she is eating and drinking well and is still crocheting, we don't have any clear prognosis but everyone expects it will not to be long. She has refused all cancer treatments now, just comfy care.   She is being ambulanced to a bridal shop in the next town on the 11th. Her daughter is marrying in June so the Last Wish group have organized this. Future MIL and bridesmaids will be there and me too.. I think it is going to be very emotional but I also thing it will be wonderful for them

I went shopping in a grocery store last night, quite an eye opener. Very little choice of many things but I managed to find lots.

One really frustrating thing. I didn't change any money before I left so only had Canadian, I expected to go to a bank today but have since found out they don't do it  at the banks unless you have an account. My son for some reason only has online banking. My DIL oldest son does so I am hoping he can do it for me. I have been in two shops that don't take credit cards too.. a bit odd but it is was it is. Fortunately I am carrying plastic so I can use the  ATM.

I am not sure yet when I will tackle the ferry trip to England with my 10 year old granddaughter,  probably after the 11th . We will stay a few days with family she has not met, and  are all hoping that it is a nice break for her

XX Jeannine

• Like 4

Congratulations on a successful trip, Jeannine.  When we were in Canada changing our US$$ for Canadian at ATMs was expensive, but on our last day at dinner in ST John, NB, as we were paying up the restaurant owner at the register said, "But I thought you were Americans!"  We told him we were and he got all flustered and explained that all the Americans he had ever encountered before never used Canadian currency.  The only problem we ran into was coming back, when we tried to change our Canadian currency back at the bank in the little town in Maine where we crossed into the US.  Have wonderful visits with your children.

Oh Jeannine, I just get the chills reading your story right now . I am so happy you are there and so teary eyed for your DIL. I can't even imagine all the families that have to go through this. It truly makes you see and feel the words live your life one day at a time have fun , plan some , be nice as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Congrats on getting there and it going so well.

29 minutes ago, lampmoon said:

I went through at the beginning of today playing with creatures and doing bunches of embraces and pets. At that point, I went to work and got done with moving fish into an 85-gallon tank and cleaned 4 different tanks and played with the turtles. At that point, I got the opportunity to go out to supper with a girl and her life partner. Tomorrow I need to go to Sams club before work, drop everything off and after that a major shopping binge at Home Depot for materials for another divider at work(I have seen Best Bedroom Ideas). At that point, I get the opportunity to clean workplaces and washrooms, complete a water change on the lake and manufacture the new divider. I additionally need to fit so as to convey a few messages to new clients. Possibly I will be fortunate and get out ahead of schedule so I can go home and do clothing and fix the latrine. In the nighttime, I can come and play here for some time before bed. One week from now I will remain home and endeavor to complete the storm cellar.

Are you talking about a dollhouse or a full-sized house that you live in?

I'm going to the doctor ( in a snowstorm!) to see what is going on with my knee.  Way back in September I was wandering around out in the desert and stepped into a Prairie Dog hole, twisted my knee and it has gotten worse ever since.  Always something!!!   

Today DH & I went to a plumbing showroom to select faucets and check out the bathtub for the bathroom remodel, then we went to the tile showroom and selected some lovely blue accent tiles for the subway tile wainscot. I do the happy dance. At times I feared this day would never come, but I finally got lucky with this bathroom renovation company. I despise those business people who never call or email you back. At least the one appliance repairman had the decency to call me back to say he was swampped with work and couldn't take care of our dishwasher and we should try to find someone else. Speaking of that, Fisher Paykel has NO authorized service people in southern Maine. They found us another repair service, also in New Hampshire, who said, sorry, you're too far away. What good is a free 3 year extended warranty if you can't get someone to fix the appliance? At least I can still use the dishwasher, it just can't dry the dishes as well as it should.

On the other hand, we bit the bullet earlier this year and bought a whole house generator that will kick on automatically when the power goes out, (which it often does) and the guys delivered it when they were supposed to, and were ready to hook it up and do all the wiring. BUT, the propane company has not delivered the new tank, which we have been waiting for for the past week, neither have they called back to tell us when they WILL deliver it. Meanwhile, the generator people can't do their job, so we wait and wait. Grrrr.

Mini building might be on hold for a bit.  I just spent a few hours at our local trauma center getting 5 stitches in my index finger. I got into a fight with my homemade table saw and the saw won.  Insert the speech of proper power tool safety here.  I am very grateful to say that I still have all 10 fingers intact.  Aside from the shock of it...it could have been worse. 

Yikes! I still have a scar on my thumb from a fight with a table saw when I was 13. Glad you still have everything and I hope it heals quickly! 

I took a bit of a break from Garden Lodge to finish up what I thought would be a quick project that ended up being a very slow project. When I went to Paris last Cheistmas I picked up a most unusual little book at Sainte Chapelle. It was a booklet about the chapel that also contained a paper model you could cut out and glue together. This thing ended up being no joke and took almost a month to put together working on it about an hour a day. I really love it though!

46241494221_746637f87c_b.jpg46190820832_4ab0b1afe1_b.jpg32369104788_441ba2809c_b.jpg

Last night I got the shell of Garden Lodge done. I just posted those pics. It’s coming along. I had to go all the way to the city to get foamcore because there is only one store that I know of that sells it. Im not complaining though. Copenhagen is so pretty at Christmas. There are several markets and they really do up the pedestrian areas nice with lights. 

• Like 3

Little update. I am booked to leave for the UK on the 12th, back on the 17th, then back to Canada on the 24th.. I am holding up better than I thought but I am not seeing any sights either, here in Holland everything of course is revolving around my DIL. It is her birthday today so almost everyone is meeting by her bed for cake etc.

I will do a little travelling with my niece in England, especially as Petite Properties is half and hour drive from her house, oh my!!

I do have a list of stuff that friends want back home so have to break out and go shopping soon.

XX Jeannine

• Like 3