What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

No, I’m going to my sons graduation from boot camp, it’s the 1st, but we’ll be in town a few days early. I wish I could be there for that though, I didn’t realize there was a show going on at that time! That would have been great timing if it was a week earlier. 

I finally finished my shopping and sending various boxes to relatives.  We got a new kitten last week, and it's been super fun watching my current girl adjust. Who knew my sweet baby could be such an old grump! The dogs of course want to smother her with slobbery love, but Ziva is taking her time. I so love coming here and seeing what fun mini stuff you guys are all up to.....maybe someday I will have time to get mine out again.

22 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

No, I’m going to my sons graduation from boot camp, it’s the 1st, but we’ll be in town a few days early. I wish I could be there for that though, I didn’t realize there was a show going on at that time! That would have been great timing if it was a week earlier. 

so he is at the MCRD - ok, I lived in San Diego for 11 years, I was Navy and San Diego was my final duty station.....beautiful area and you should have amazing weather for the celebration.  Too too bad that it didn't coincide with the show!  You may want to visit the local dollhouse shop, Ms Peggys Place...great little shop full of little treasures and she is hands on and wants you to touch anything you want that's on display....I just love her.

Congratulations on the impeding graduation of your son to Marine.

• Like 2

That’s a great idea! It sounds like MCRD is right by the airport, I don’t suppose Peggy’s Place is nearby? That would be really lucky. 

And thank you for your service! My brother was in the Navy during the mid 1980s. 

3 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

That’s a great idea! It sounds like MCRD is right by the airport, I don’t suppose Peggy’s Place is nearby? That would be really lucky. 

And thank you for your service! My brother was in the Navy during the mid 1980s. 

Hey that's when I started in the Navy!  I was Weapons, Tomahawk Cruise Missile, Vertical Launch Systems and Harpoon Cruise Missiles......Groton CT then back to Orlando then to San Diego.

As fr the shop, it is maybe a 10 minute drive from the airport... here's a link to the shop as she has strange hours https://www.mspeggiesplace.com MCRD is also maybe 10 minutes from the airport...its all pretty central located to the immediate San Diego area.

• Like 1

My brother was in the Navy - that's why he's living in San Diego now. I went to visit him about 25 years ago and if I'm not mistaken, he doesn't live too far from the miniature shop. I was lucky enough to go see it when I was there. Anybody remember the Dollhouses to Dreamhouses Spanish house made out of two Coventry cottages? Someone made one and it was in the shop when I was there.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018, 10:00:16, Qubanqtee said:

Hey that's when I started in the Navy!  I was Weapons, Tomahawk Cruise Missile, Vertical Launch Systems and Harpoon Cruise Missiles......Groton CT then back to Orlando then to San Diego.

As fr the shop, it is maybe a 10 minute drive from the airport... here's a link to the shop as she has strange hours https://www.mspeggiesplace.com MCRD is also maybe 10 minutes from the airport...its all pretty central located to the immediate San Diego area.

I don’t know the exact lingo but my brother was (assigned?) on the USS Jarrett when it was a newly built ship. I think he did fire control. 

Thanks about my son, we’re proud and I’m terrified. He’s always talked about doing this though. When he graduates boot he will be 3rd generation Marine. He’s doing good, I’m getting letters and he promises to tell me all of the horror stories lol. 

Thanks for the info about the shop! 

• Like 1

Thank you to your family for their service! It’s okay every service has their lingo - and it often feels like you’re hearing a totally different language lol ....our youngest wanted to be a Marine but fractured 2 vertebrae in football at 17 - it knocked him out of eligibility and he was quite depressed about it for sometime but found his way to becoming a welder which he loves. Glad to help about the dollhouse store - it’s a nice one :) 

• Like 1

Well our family had our Christmas on Sunday.  It was a lovely day - very hot and sunny, we had our lunch outside.  Feel grateful now that it's all over and done with and I can focus on Jack.  This time tomorrow he'll be on a very large airplane heading to the other side of the world.  I am feeling incredibly anxious and a little stressed about it - although of course I am not letting him know that.  I think I'll be coming home from the airport tomorrow to have a wee cry and a cuppa!  :D We sorted his gear, named it all and packed it yesterday.  We did fit it all in, but only just.  So my 16 1/2 yr old baby boy will be back packing around Europe with his Venturer Scout group.  Rome, then Switzerland, Luxembourg, Paris, then England.  He'll be in the Swiss Alps at Kandersteg - the International Scout Centre, for Christmas and New Years with about 500 other Scouts from around the world.  He'll have a white Christmas!  I haven't been doing much with my minis for a couple of weeks.  It's been hard to settle to it when I've had so much else to do but no doubt I'll get back into it in a few days.  NZ tends to shut down for a couple of weeks over Christmas - except of course for the retail and hospitality sectors!!

• Like 1

Thanks Holly, I do have a pillow but I can never sleep on a plane,I find something on the Tv and stick to that.I guess I coud pop a pill LOL

I was a bit sad in England as I was just half an hours drive from Petite Properties. Thay have a new series. One is shown on the webpage and the others  were to be released in October. I phoned when I arrived nearby with my fingers crossed that the series was ready ,alas no . Tony said he was running behind. The series is super. It looks as if it is going to be, witchy /creepy. He gave me a bit more info but I will have to be patient. 

I will be very glad to be home. My DIL is no worse than when I arrived which of course is good. She is comfortable, still crocheting and eating fairly well.The original plan was to stay on if needed but I think I am OK going home and perhaps returning at anpther time.

I am so out of touch with everything here on the forum as I never seem to get the time to cruise.

XX Jeannine

• Like 1

Jeannine, glad things are going well and you’re holding up. I bet you can’t wait to sit in your own chair, let alone rest in your own bed. 

Rebecca, wow that sounds like an amazing trip, what an experience that will be for him. Hang in there momma! 

Thanks for the comments about my sons service. I’ve definitely learned a lot and made some faux pas like calling him a soldier and then learning that Marines are not referred to as soldiers. Im trying to learn fast lol 

Oh, Jeannine, at least you're home and you can see your own doctor.  We took our youngest son back home to Tallahassee today.  October's hurricane left an ungodly mess of ruined homes and downed trees through four and a half counties along the interstate.  The rest areas near Marianna are closed because the exterior walls are all that's left of the facilities.