What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Argh. So frustratingly, I bought new ink cartridges to print out the brickwork for the outside of Garden Lodge only to find out that HP regionalizes their printers and they won't cartridges from a region different from the one you first used it in. In short, it will not recognize authentic HP cartridges sold in Western Europe because we used US cartridges first. You have to reach out to support to get them to manually reset it over the phone. So stupid. Now I have to wait for them to do that and who knows when they'll call. Hopefully some time next week. I guess I'll just work on the interior bits until they get their act together. I did find the perfect yellow card stock for the piano room so I'm excited about that.

In other news, Maya had her first date! It's so painfully cute. Her boyfriend seems to be a sweet kid. She has a stony heart like me so it's good to see her show some emotion. They went to go see, surprise surprise, Bohemian Rhapsody. It was Maya's fourth time seeing it. She's a true fan :D 

• Like 3

I have some happy news!  I have 2 sons who have one child each.  DS#1 has one son, who is married and expecting their first child in January.  DS#2 has a daughter who with her significant other are expecting in January.  I received a text last night that the granddaughter had gone into labor about 9.  This morning before breakfast, she had delivered a little girl.   I received a call from the grandson informing me that his little girl would be delivered after dinner today.   Two great granddaughters on the same day.  Everyone is doing well and resting except the fathers who have probably collapsed from all the drama. LOL

• Like 7

Thank you everyone.  Feeling very washed out today but it is what it is.  Thanks for the hug Holly - I really needed that!  :D Now just to clear things away - she was a big cat with specific needs given her arthritus so a few things are no longer needed.

Miranda - so excited about Maya having her first date!  Poor Caitlin - she was dumped by her boyfriend yesterday after wandering around the shopping centre and having a nice lunch together.  He turned around and said 'Oh by the way....'.  She was pretty upset - she really did like him.  Lizzie put the bf thing into perspective though! :) Funny how you talk about a 'stony heart'.  I get that - I'm the same and Caitlin has that and the extreme practicality of her father in her.  This is the first time that it was called off on her rather than the other way around.  One good thing, hopefully they won't 'settle' for less than they should.  I wish Maya and you all the best on the bf road!

Gayle, that is utterly fantastic!!!  How cool is that!!!  HUGE congratulations on your new Gt Grandbabies!!  Are your grandchildren close?  

Well, the new year has arrived, and now the moving plans shift up a notch.  I am so not looking forward to this. And, at the same time, I am preparing for the Seattle Miniature Show in March, and MUST make a lot more merchandise to take! Planning to go find a storage unit on Monday or Tuesday and start taking things to it little by little.

I am a night person so I only make progress after the rest of the house is down and quiet. I've been working on packing up my beloved Garden Bistro. Thought I could get it all in one box, but am now on Box #2. With my office door shut, I play The Golden Girls on HULU while I work. That makes the time go faster and the work is more fun, and laughing with them helps. I will most likely never get to reassemble this "house" - I don't think they have any "garden windows" in the Midwest, as no one knows what I'm talking about when I mention it. 

I'm so tired of moving around the country - been doing it all my life, and I thought this was the last stop. :( 

This is what I'm packing up right now ...

Garden Bistro

17 minutes ago, CheckMouse said:

Well, the new year has arrived, and now the moving plans shift up a notch.  I am so not looking forward to this. And, at the same time, I am preparing for the Seattle Miniature Show in March, and MUST make a lot more merchandise to take! Planning to go find a storage unit on Monday or Tuesday and start taking things to it little by little.

I am a night person so I only make progress after the rest of the house is down and quiet. I've been working on packing up my beloved Garden Bistro. Thought I could get it all in one box, but am now on Box #2. With my office door shut, I play The Golden Girls on HULU while I work. That makes the time go faster and the work is more fun, and laughing with them helps. I will most likely never get to reassemble this "house" - I don't think they have any "garden windows" in the Midwest, as no one knows what I'm talking about when I mention it. 

I'm so tired of moving around the country - been doing it all my life, and I thought this was the last stop. :( 

This is what I'm packing up right now ...

Garden Bistro

When I was building real homes we called those windows “herb garden windows”. The bistro is fabulous.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sable said:

When I was building real homes we called those windows “herb garden windows”. The bistro is fabulous.

Yes, that's what they are for - indoor growing area for small plants. I worked for a Home Improvement company, selling windows, and we had one in the booth to demonstrate. As I manned the booth for many hours on end, with no customers in the evening, my mini-imagination took off. What if I - this part could be - here I could put - etc. Forget the plants! A dollhouse was born!  Not too long after that the company switched manufacturers and employees could go to the warehouse and get anything they wanted for $100 apiece (usually sell for several thousand). I got one garden window and one slider patio door and we put them into our garage-turned-office. 

I have had a lot of fun with that Bistro. :) 

• Like 1

This afternoon I am taking hubby for his colonoscopy.  You know, when I had mine I did my prep matter-of-fact with little said about it to my hubby. DH, on the other hand....gee whiz- I got a running commentary on the entire prep procedure since Friday! :crazyeyes:  LOL Men.

• Like 2

Today We started the teachers year of this semester, the kids Will come back tomorrow. The school is so empty without most of the student for sure. Looking forward to seeing them kl again.

I have also been doing some smaller work with the hacienda, and it might be turned into offert g it as a two day work shop this summer, we'll see if there is enough interest around these parts for it. 

In order to dress the walls I reached out to an artist that have inspired me a LOT in colours and ambience so to speak, a certain Jonathan Harrys to ask if there is by Any chance small versions of the landscapes or if I might be allowed to printout for My walls. We'll see how that works out.

So, I've been crazy busy lately.  I'm still not sold on my new job.  I could be doing something much worse, but I'm basically a highly skilled filing clerk aka "Docketing Clerk".   The work is very detail oriented and always fast paced, especially since we're working with not only the U.S. Patent office, but the European and several Asian patent offices too.  The work is organized with "Checklists" created as Word documents.  The problem is, the 20+ checklists are between 1,000 and 1,100 pages each, are severely outdated and mostly incorrect.  It's like a surgical student being told "I'm going to walk you through this heart surgery, but about half the things I tell you will be wrong."  My idea of organizing the thousands of different procedures into manageable 2 - 20 page PDFs with a Word master doc that can be updated as needed wasn't well received, but I got tired of flipping through my 3 full notebooks of "updates" all the time, so I started creating an organized SOP manual of my own.  I honestly miss paralegal work.  Far more stimulating.

I'm also about a month into a home improvement project on my RL house.  I pulled up all of the carpet and I'm replacing it with composite wood flooring.  I'm about 70% done.  It would have been much easier if I wasn't dealing with a house full of furniture, clutter and kids making messes everywhere they go.  As much as I would have liked to just put in new carpet, my kids would just wreck it again within a year.  I was going to tackle this project in a couple of months after de-cluttering, but my DW ordered a dumpster 4 weeks ago without consulting me first, so I have had to work around everything now. 

• Like 1

Im about to run out to get more supplies for Garden Lodge. It’s coming together really nicely now. I’ve got all the major pieces cut and covered on both sides with their respective papers. Now it’s just down to the windows/doors, interior trimmings and a few bits of furniture. Ive also got to track down a way for us to playback Love of My life. That may be more challenging. 

Other than that it’s been a good week! I deep cleaned my house which meant every.single.surface. It needed it, though. I’ve also bee trying to exercise every day. I walked a 5K yesterday. I’ll probably try to get a mile or two in today. My doctor’s office said Im super low on vitamin D (not surprising) and encouraged me to get more sunlight. Hmmmm sunlight in Denmark in winter? Yeesh.

• Like 1

Just got back. I have new found respect for Panduro. While their selection is still quite limited, they did have exactly what I needed which was a matboard with a weight in between my paperboard and 200gsm card stock. It’s the perfect weight for window casings, trims and doors. Huzzah! No stacking a million layers of cardstock!

Still on the hunt for an easy source of birch plywood but this has me set for now!

Just got back. I have new found respect for Panduro. While their selection is still quite limited, they did have exactly what I needed which was a matboard with a weight in between my paperboard and 200gsm card stock. It’s the perfect weight for window casings, trims and doors. Huzzah! No stacking a million layers of cardstock!

Still on the hunt for an easy source of birch plywood but this has me set for now!

• Like 1

Hi All, Thought it was time I showed my 'mugshot' again! I'm still in treatment, still taking the tablets and I still have all my bits.......most of them anyway! But I'm bored, bored with hospitals, bored with the weather and oh so bored with lounging about and reading my Kindle!

I swore I was going to give up on miniatures for good. I sold my houses.......the two that remained anyway. I even turned down a commission to make a new 'Lake View'! Then just as I was congratulating myself on my 'iron hard' will power I had one of those moments.............to cut a long story short the 'Lake View and Basement arrive this coming week! Rosemary is just beside herself with excitement! and Alfie, even though laying stretched out in a disgusting pose in front of the fire, is wagging his tail!

So.....the 3rd Lake View but I have some plans for it which may involve a little re-shaping so here I am and here it is.............photo off the web for reference.........visual (poor) to get me going..... 

Nice to be back.

LV1-1.jpg

LV2-2-1.jpg