What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

5 minutes ago, SewMini said:

Well, leave it to me to give myself a severe laceration with...wait for it...

a cheese grater.

Yup, silly me was trying to slice off some yummy cheese and ended up mostly slicing off a piece of myself. I now have a lovely bandage on my hand and can hardly move my left thumb. At least it’s my non dominant one! 

Ouch, big Times!!! Know the feeling a bit to well if I say so, last time it was a knife and,y Left thunb though. Hope it heads well!,

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a month since I had surgery to lift my eyelids and get rid of the big bags under my eyes. I've had a bit of a problem with a bit of infection in my left eye, the one with the lid that drooped the most, but it's looking much better now. My second followup with the surgeon is in late April, but when I saw him 2 weeks ago he said everything was healing nicely, just continue with the antibiotic ointment. He said it was a massive amount of surgery and the whites of my eyes were still badly swollen. I never imagined they could swell. The other day my son told me some people color the whites of their eyes --- eeeeewww!. Anyway, I'm seeing much better now, except when I overuse my eyes on the computer or reading. Thank goodness I use a Kindle, I can adjust the font and background so it's easier on my eyes.

Granddaughter's birthday is coming up. Several times I've given her gifts she already had. For Christmas I made her a kitchen room box (was sure she wouldn't have one) and for her birthday I hit on a gnome garden. I found a cute little gnome house and tiny gnomes at the Christmas Tree Shops, then got carried away when I went to Michael's next door and saw a cute gazebo and accessories. Then I said: what the heck - and drove over to AC Moore and found a couple more gnomes. Initially I hadn't noticed that the gnome house had a solar light in it, and when I got home I tried it, only to find that the switch was faulty. I pried the battery pack out, but couldn't fix it, so what did I do? I ordered a couple of miniature solar string lights on Ebay. I'll keep one string for my own gnome garden display.......so now I want to build myself some gnome houses to put outside. I just ordered a couple of styrofoam blocks on Ebay.

Well, my Mother is off to Florida for a couple of weeks so I should be able to have some relaxation time in the evenings!  I know that sounds terrible, but I was sorely in need of a respite....and then my Aunt passed away last weekend: my mother's only remaining sibling.  My mom has a difficult week, to say the least.  Nonetheless, we were able to (mostly) calm her fears about traveling and packed her bag and sent her off with my cousin's wife.  :)  Hoping she has been able to rest and relax!

In the meantime, I found a lovely little handmade farmhouse sink at HBS that will be perfect for my basement laundry vignette. I know I should be working on my Newport, but I just needed some "play" time. :clap: I managed to purchase the wrong size faucet and drainpipe set, (insert magic word) so I may end up just making it myself....we'll see.

• Like 1

I've been working on another big in-house move. My younger son needs a bigger bedroom as his current one is chockablock full of all his "collections". Since he is special needs any change is extremely hard for him so it's been slow going to say the least. I spent last weekend cleaning out my backyard shed so I could put all the things that were in his new room in there. Now I'm trying to paint before the new carpet gets here and every color I am trying is coming out looking pinky/purple:ohmy: The best part is that I just may be able to get a dedicated craft room for the first time in my adult life. I haven't really done any planning for it because I'm afraid it won't work out, but I am sure hoping it will:unsure:

1 hour ago, NellBell said:

Yummy I love this kinda soup. Enjoy. I also add leeks 

Will have to try leeks. I didn't care for the sausage (pork sausage disagrees with me) so I picked that out of my bowl, but I liked the flavor result. I guess I like the presence of pork sausage, but not the actual stuff! :p

I would use turkey sausage if I make it.  We left the jazz fest early today so I could bring up the pulled pork a local BBQ place catered for our VIP tent; I just hope no one else had my reaction to it.

Oh dear, Holly!  

As for me....well, hubby and I had a lovely weekend- finished off with the announcement from DD#2 that they are expecting their first baby (and our 2nd grandbaby)!!  :cucumber:  They had been going thru the whole infertility treatment thing and this was the first IVF attempt- and it worked!!  YAY!!  We are SO excited for them!  Grandbaby #2 is due to arrive in early November.  Hope it's a redhead!  :ohyeah: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a before and after picture from my blepharoplasty. One of my eyes had become really irritated the other day and somewhat swollen. The surgeon found it was caused by 3 lashes in the corner that bent the wrong way, so he plucked them out. It's starting to feel better now. He said it'll take another month or two till my eyes are fully healed. It's funny, for the last few years, whenever I looked into the mirror I'd see my mother's eyes. Her upper lids were slightly Asian looking and she said when she was a girl some kids teased her claiming that she was part Mongolian. Now when I look in the mirror I see my father's eyes instead.

eyes.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SewMini said:

Wow you look great! That really made a difference in your appearance. Sending healing thoughts as you recover!

Thank you Miranda. Now I can take off my glasses without feeling totally self conscious. The glasses always hid the bags under my eyes a bit. When my son got married in an outdoor Florida wedding, the photographer kept wanting me to take my sunglasses off, and DH whipped them off my face. I looked absolutely horrible in those pictures, it was bright sunshine and my eyes looked even worse with the squinting. On the other hand, the couple got divorced, so no one will ever see those horrible pictures again.

35 minutes ago, grazhina said:

Thank you Miranda. Now I can take off my glasses without feeling totally self conscious. The glasses always hid the bags under my eyes a bit. When my son got married in an outdoor Florida wedding, the photographer kept wanting me to take my sunglasses off, and DH whipped them off my face. I looked absolutely horrible in those pictures, it was bright sunshine and my eyes looked even worse with the squinting. On the other hand, the couple got divorced, so no one will ever see those horrible pictures again.

And so even that cloud had a silver lining!  Seriously, your entire appearance looks better.

4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I was thinking the same thing Karin. Did you PM her?

8 minutes ago, NellBell said:

Let us know if you get a hold of her privately and that all is well. 

Just did, and will do :)