What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

• 2 weeks later...

So did anyone find out what happened to Jeannine?

Today is one of those days for me. I had two new vaccines yesterday, one for shingles and one for pneumonia. My whole freaking body is now one big ramped up super germ fighting entity. I got up this morning and every muscle ached and I shivered until I took a hot bath this afternoon. That was a totally stupid thing to do, because it's hotter than Hades here again, so then I was too hot. I should have stuck to just being cold. Feeling better now, but feeling better doesn't mean I am feeling good. I think I want some knock out pills or something. You know, wake up feeling awful, take a pill, sleep for 24 hours and then wake up feeling better.

Well, one more day of the heat. Then we can get back to being cold and miserable here again. I can hardly wait.

Oh, well, Tuesday AM I was quietly chewing my avocado toast when I hit something hard and removed a large-ish chunk of tooth.  I spent nearly three hours Wednesday upside down in the dentist's chair whilst he and his assistant performed a root canal and all the other lovely things to install a temporary crown.  During the procedure he discovered a "growth" on the back of my gum (we've been going to this dentist for a few years and I've had this rough spot since before we lived in Havana!) so Monday I get to go in for a biopsy and then Wednesday I get to go in to the hospital and meet my new electrocardiologist and complain about the side effects of the blood thinner.  I had the pneumonia vaccine (the old one) when I went to Nursing School (along with the measles vaccine, never mind I had the measles when I was six), but I don't remember a reaction; I didn't take them at the same time, though.  Feel better, Kelly.

Thank you, Holly. I started feeling a little better last night and I feel 100% better this morning, although the arm still hurts.

I feel for you with the root canal and the crown. I was supposed to go in for a root canal once and my job asked me to stay overnight, since the night shift person wasn't coming in. I was so relaxed the next morning at the dentist - I was falling asleep in the chair!

Last year an old filling fell out along with a section of tooth. I was a little worried, because the tooth section showed all sorts of fractures. Worse, it happened when I was flossing, so now I'm afraid to floss.

I love how you describe going in to meet your new ectrocardiologist . He's got a treat in store, doesn't he? But better to break him in early.

And here's hoping the biopsy doesn't show anything.

I sent you a PM.

4 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

...And here's hoping the biopsy doesn't show anything.

Thank you; I think if it were anything, one of the many dentists & hygenists who have had their hands & mirrors in my mouth over the years would have noticed, or I'd be dead by now.

I did not hear anything back from Jeannine unfortunately. I hope she is well, I really miss her posts and expertise about so many things. 

We’re in the process of getting our roof replaced. This is the third day, the three dogs and I are trapped in the house listening to all of the bangs and booms, the first day felt like an earthquake. Every 5 minutes it sounds like for sure someone is going to come crashing through the ceiling. It’s so nerve wracking lol. 

• Like 1

I miss Jeannine, too.  I hope she's OK.

I met my "new" cardiologist (he's older than the last one and much more of a "people" person) and afterwards let the dentist's staff know I survived the biopsy.  Other than a touch of tenderness the first day after the procedure (that lasted longer after the first go-round with the root canal) this biopsy was a lot less dramatic than the last one; but things inside my mouth seem to heal lots faster than anywhere else.

• Like 1

I AM SO READY TO GET OUT OF THIS PLACE!

It's been cool, but not cold here at night lately. So I've been leaving my window open about 6 inches at the bottom (no screens) and the blinds down. Now these windows are the kind that push out from the bottom to open.

So this morning I was woken up by some sort of huunh, huunh sound, like a car engine trying to turn over. I go back to sleep and hear it again. HUUNH HUUNH.

What the... ? So naturally I grab my glasses and start to peer through the blinds to see what the idiot in the street below me is doing and the next thing I experience is wings exploding against the window. Some freaking pigeon got in under the window and can't find his way out! I'm sure they heard me scream all the way into the basement.

So once I recover from my near heart attack, I very quickly push open the window a little more while the &*(^% bird is freaking out again and the bonehead finally realizes he has enough room to get out and flies away. The only bonus is he didn't crap on my windowsill.

I am too old for this s**t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Some freaking pigeon got in under the window and can't find his way out!

Once had a small raccoon come in through a slightly raised 2nd floor window. Ended up trapping it under a small wastebasket, sliding my drawing board under to close it off, and carrying it downstairs to release it in the yard. When I went to close the window, I realized the tree just outside was a perfect entrance ramp for it. No more open window. lol

FYI, whoever dubbed pigeons flying rats was spot on in my estimation. Glad it left without leaving a souvenir.

• Like 1

I know I've been gone too long when I have to put in my login information again!

Life has been totally crazy for me lately. Still trying to get my mini-business producing enough to support us through retirement - having trouble mastering the laser cutter.

But the biggest news is that we are, once again, attempting to move to Nebraska. We have a very good realtor this time, and the market is better than it was a few years ago. However, my mother (96) is now suffering from dementia and all this is pretty hard on her.  (Why do they say the patient is "suffering"?  The caregivers are the ones who suffer!)  Trying to keep her on an even keel, and keep the house looking like an empty hotel room for show-and-tell, and packing behind the scenes -- it is all very stressful. I much prefer moving and building a dollhouse! And through all this I'm trying to build my business. I told our realtor that my workroom is off limits for "cleaning" - prospective buyers can see it like it is but I don't dare remove or rearrange things or they will never be found again!  When I get an online order I need to know exactly where the merchandise is! 

We thought the house was sold a week ago, but the buyer's financing fell through so we're back to square one. Dear, sweet Mother - every day it's "Oh, are we selling the house?  I didn't know that! Am I moving with you?"  (Yes, Mother, for the 399th time - we're selling, moving, and you're going, too!   Can't say that last sentence out loud, though - only think it.)

• Like 1

CCCJJJJJJJJJ!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, KathieB said:

Once had a small raccoon come in through a slightly raised 2nd floor window. Ended up trapping it under a small wastebasket, sliding my drawing board under to close it off, and carrying it downstairs to release it in the yard. When I went to close the window, I realized the tree just outside was a perfect entrance ramp for it. No more open window. lol

FYI, whoever dubbed pigeons flying rats was spot on in my estimation. Glad it left without leaving a souvenir.

My raccoons didn't bother to sneak in through a window. I've got video of Jupiter opening my front door right in front of me and trying to get into the trailer.

• Like 1

Still house-hunting online - I subscribe to both Zillow and Realtor.com and have seen MANY nice houses. Found one two days ago that we could go with immediately - unless the inspections shows some hidden problems.  Waiting for the pre-qualification to go through.  One thing I really like about Nebraska is the pricing of the houses - we can get twice the house for half the price of our WA house! We are searching for full basement with a nice house on top! We have been advised that it might be better to rent first, while we look for a house. NOT!   I wasn't expecting to ever move from this house (except on a gurney) and I really don't want to move twice now. Our daughter and SIL have promised to go check out any house for us, so we'll have to accept their opinion.

I will try to keep up better and let you all know how we progress!  :)  

PS:  I notice that we have lost about 2/3 of our wonderful emoticons.  :( They were so much fun!

Claudia, be sure to have them check if it's an older house and get someone to check out the paint for lead and any ceiling tiles for asbestos.  We had to reject one we really, really liked because of those issues.

CJ, when you open the emoticons menu go to the top and click on categories, then click default.  Most of the old ones are there:bigwink:

I am finally to the stage where I can paint "my" room. I've never had a craft room so I'm still pinching myself :cloud9:

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019, 5:21:55, havanaholly said:

Claudia, be sure to have them check if it's an older house and get someone to check out the paint for lead and any ceiling tiles for asbestos.  We had to reject one we really, really liked because of those issues.

Thanks, Holly. We are aware of that, and I worry about old electrical also. I love the old houses - but there are risks. I want to move into one that looks like a dollhouse! 

:pepper:  Thank you, Sarah!  I thought they were all gone!

Well, my son's 17th birthday is now over and done with (it was yesterday - Wednesday 29th) thankfully.  He had a big weekend with his mates.  Now getting ready for daughter's 19th birthday on Sunday!  Thankfully here in NZ it's a long weekend - Queens Birthday weekend.  So I asked dd (dear daughter) what she was planning for her birthday and was told that she was going to have 'a couple of close friends' over to watch Tim Burton movies.  That's nice - says I.  Who's coming?  Well, says dd.....and starts listing off a heap of people - I think there are about 10!  So much for 'couple' and 'close friends'.  Hubby and I are thinking about going out for dinner that night so we don't have to be here with them all.  They'll be through the other end of the house but these 20-something kids are blooming loud!  Plus we have a couple of very um......quirky,......personalities coming.  Roll on next week when we can say the birthdays are over and done with for another year!  :D  Then it'll be mine next weekend!  At least I'm easy - it'll probably just be dinner out!

• Like 1

I just picked up another dollhouse. It's the Duracraft Alexandria and it was listed on Offerup for only $40. As soon as I move to my lot, I'm going to pull the box out and make sure all the parts are there (opened box) and then list it on eBay.

I drove about 50 miles to get it, then drove cross country to get to Long John Silver's, then drove home another 40 or so miles. I left at 1pm and just now rolled home and except for stopping at LJS and picking up the dollhouse, I've been driving the entire time (except when I was sitting in traffic). I am so wiped out. The days of taking a quick jaunt to Portland and back are over, I'm afraid. Either that or I need to get out more. Way more.

By the way you guys, that avatar under my name? The other day I washed my hair and didn't bother to comb it out until it completely dried. That avatar is exactly what my hair looked like. If I'd gone out in a wind, I'd have been picked up and blown away. I looked like a dandelion gone to seed for about two days.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019, 11:07:39, CheckMouse said:

Thanks, Holly. We are aware of that, and I worry about old electrical also. I love the old houses - but there are risks. I want to move into one that looks like a dollhouse! 

:pepper:  Thank you, Sarah!  I thought they were all gone!

If the default doesn't get you a bunch, just click on the 200. That should bring all of them up.

Hubs is off on a 3-day fishing trip to northern PA so I get a relaxing weekend to myself! :cucumber:  I plan on working on my Newport rehab and probably will go over to my daughter's house to help sand down the skim-coated nursery walls and do the priming for her. Can't have momma-to-be inhaling paint fumes!  :) 

Also, today I will be going to visit my doc to see about changing my pain meds. Again. I am tired of fighting with the insurance company every time about my Lyrica script and thought the replacement meds were doing an ok job.....ok, maybe they weren't.  I just really wanted it to work so I didn't have to go back to fighting with the insurance company!!   Well....we will see how it goes. 

8 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Hubs is off on a 3-day fishing trip to northern PA so I get a relaxing weekend to myself! :cucumber:  I plan on working on my Newport rehab and probably will go over to my daughter's house to help sand down the skim-coated nursery walls and do the priming for her. Can't have momma-to-be inhaling paint fumes!  :) 

Also, today I will be going to visit my doc to see about changing my pain meds. Again. I am tired of fighting with the insurance company every time about my Lyrica script and thought the replacement meds were doing an ok job.....ok, maybe they weren't.  I just really wanted it to work so I didn't have to go back to fighting with the insurance company!!   Well....we will see how it goes. 

I bet your daughter is so grateful to have her momma's help! 

Have you heard of Good RX? Even with insurance, you can get coupons to save you some $$$. Also, this infor page says that there may be a generic alternative to Lyrica in June 2019 so it may be worth looking into. Here's the link for Good RX and the Lyrica info page:

https://www.goodrx.com/lyrica

I hope you get the solution settled so you can just live life and cope without this added worry!

• Like 2