What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

21 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

By the way you guys, that avatar under my name? The other day I washed my hair and didn't bother to comb it out until it completely dried. That avatar is exactly what my hair looked like. If I'd gone out in a wind, I'd have been picked up and blown away. I looked like a dandelion gone to seed for about two days.

Aren't we so funny how we complain about what we have!  I have dead straight, very fine hair.  I only wash it every second day, so every second day it looks okay and every other day it looks like I have a wet long haired dog on my head!  :D 

8 hours ago, jbnmini said:

Also, today I will be going to visit my doc to see about changing my pain meds. Again. I am tired of fighting with the insurance company every time about my Lyrica script and thought the replacement meds were doing an ok job.....ok, maybe they weren't.  I just really wanted it to work so I didn't have to go back to fighting with the insurance company!!   Well....we will see how it goes. 

Lyrica did nothing for me unfortunately.  Plus it's not funded here so it was costing a small arm and a leg to  buy.  I've gone through everything now that is available and nope, nothing.  Sigh.  Ah well - that's life! :dunno:

I finally have something new to report: I bought myself a car - no more old clunker for me. What a relief to get into a car not having to worry if it is going to make it to where you want to go.

• Like 3

I have been lurking as I am not always successful at logging in and for now wish it were easier to post pics on this site.  I am recovering from a broken humerus bone.  we did some traveling, then had to clean workspace to make room for company and now broken bone at least not my dominant hand unable to do much right now.

maybe another time will be able to post pics -- bought a wonderful room box made in 1986 by patricia peat -- it is replica of a norman Rockwell shuffletons barbershop  husband has it displayed in his office  consider this our first artisan roombox  

then we bought a three and half foot tall curved front curio cabinet from thrift store that will wire for electrical lights and create rooms of furniture and have curved stairs for that project

was working on rehab project of my 10 room arrow -- making it into a five room farmhouse

appreciate the miniature community so much.

Ow, Christine; I fell and busted the distal end of my right humerus in Nursing School, then three more times;  the second time My doctor cut the cast carefully in half and told me to keep it in case I needed it again (he was a real sarcastic old poop!); I did, and used that cast with a couple of ace wraps to hold it together.

Very excited!  This morning I was given, for my birthday, the thing that had been at the top of my wishlist!  The Rik Pierce Tecniques book!!!!  I've already oogled through it quickly but I plan to sit and look through it properly later.  Right now I just want to work on my Apothecary - it is so close to being finished!  I was also given a new third hand/lit magnifier, come soldering holder.  Plus I have the Cricut Maker - which I haven't opened yet, but looking forward to having a good look at it!  I also received new pj pants and gorgeous mint green fleecy (what we call UG boots) boot/slippers; a cute Eeyore, a AA Milne book and a Pooh quote magnet!  Feeling very spoiled!  Now though, I am off to my craft cottage - unfortunately it's blowing a gale outside which I always find a little unsettling, especially with all the huge trees out back.  It's so nice to have a whole weekend with nothing planned!!  I hope everyone is having a great day! xx

• Like 3

Happy Birthday Rebecca!  I was helping to celebrate my granddaughter's 2nd birthday this weekend. :cloud9:  We had beautiful weather for the party at the neighborhood park and Sunday was equally beautiful while we spent the day babsitting her (she was born on her daddy's birthday, so mommy & daddy were spending the day together).  We had a glorious day! 

While I have tons of pics, this one pretty much sums up her weekend.  :D :prop:

IMG_4171 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2

I just finished glueing in the last floor board in my newest dollhouse. I’ve had the house kit (Downhill Ski Shop with both additions) for three weeks and it’s been going fast. I found some real bamboo strips on Amazon, that I cut, sanded, stained, and varnished for the flooring in the entire house (six rooms). I used 120 strips! I’m glad that task is done. Now I remember why I like the smaller scales. Next is the base boards and ceiling trim downstairs. Then attach the roof. Construction complete! Then the finishing touches, like siding, roofing, and other various projects. I’m even getting a complete kitchen kit so I can have a custom kitchen. Lots of work ahead, but so enjoyable.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2019‎ ‎5‎:‎07‎:‎44‎, jbnmini said:

Happy Birthday Rebecca!  I was helping to celebrate my granddaughter's 2nd birthday this weekend. :cloud9:  We had beautiful weather for the party at the neighborhood park and Sunday was equally beautiful while we spent the day babsitting her (she was born on her daddy's birthday, so mommy & daddy were spending the day together).  We had a glorious day! 

While I have tons of pics, this one pretty much sums up her weekend.  :D :prop:

Aw she's gorgeous!!  Happy Gemini birthday to her and her dad!!  Both my kids are Gems too - their birthdays are 4 days apart and not long before mine!

Well - somewhat exciting....apparently my Apothecary is going to be in a local art exhibition!!  They've asked me to go along on Monday to decide where it should be placed!  Makes me feel quite special - although slightly daunting putting my work out in public!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shareb said:

...although slightly daunting putting my work out in public!

But obviously there are people who think you and your work are special, and deserve special notice.  Well done, you!

• Like 1

Thank you all!  I just have to finish it now.  Been out all morning this morning, plus our kitchen is being photographed for a website this afternoon so I won't have a huge amount of time today.  I should have most of tomorrow.  Next weekend we're away for our wedding anniversary.  I've not got much to do but things do take a lot of time!