What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Can anyone give me advice on how to locate heirs to an estate?

Heres the issue—in my deceased brother-in-laws files we found the deed to two vacant cemetery plots in the name of my BIL’s deceased wife(Linda). Due to the right of succession my son’s have now inherited these plots. They have no interest in them.  Turns out the original deed had 4 plots and two of them went to Linda’s brother. Linda’s Will mentioned two nieces who would have inherited the plots if she didn’t die before my BIL but she did so everything flowed through to our side of the family. It seems only right to give them back to her family and my son’s are willing to forfeit their interest. The problem is—I can’t find the nieces. No one has a listed landline phone number anymore so that’s not helping. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Sable said:

Can anyone give me advice on how to locate heirs to an estate?

Heres the issue—in my deceased brother-in-laws files we found the deed to two vacant cemetery plots in the name of my BIL’s deceased wife(Linda). Due to the right of succession my son’s have now inherited these plots. They have no interest in them.  Turns out the original deed had 4 plots and two of them went to Linda’s brother. Linda’s Will mentioned two nieces who would have inherited the plots if she didn’t die before my BIL but she did so everything flowed through to our side of the family. It seems only right to give them back to her family and my son’s are willing to forfeit their interest. The problem is—I can’t find the nieces. No one has a listed landline phone number anymore so that’s not helping. Any ideas?

I know a lot of people are actually found on Facebook or on some sort of social media. Because they are women and could have married that can pose a problem . Again on facebook I see a lot of women using both their maiden name and married name. If there is a male in the family sometimes it's easier to start there.

Do you know where they lived? Obviously they don't live there now if you can't find them, but a neighbor may know where they went.

I have access to newspaper archives through my genealogy interest. If you'll pm me their names and approximate date of birth, I can search for marriage announcements. 

Do you know where they went to school? An alumni association may pass on a letter written to them care of the association. 

I'm sure there are other ways but I just woke up and my brain hasn't absorbed the caffeine yet. I''ll think about it.

I made myself a gnome garden with pretty solar lanterns and fairy lights. Last night I told my visiting 8 year old granddaughter to open the door and check and see if my lights were all on. She took a look, said they were, then went back to the sofa and continued playing with her ipad. Not the result I was expecting. Times and kids have changed, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I am trying to motivate myself to shower and do some housework......so far both are failures. I'd rather sit here zone out.

I'm in the same rut. I'm surprised we haven't run into one another! :D 

• Like 1

The hubs bought us each a top hat, since we go to jazz events and Gallery Nights, so I;m planning to use some of the mini bits & bobs I've collected to decorate the hatbands, which are presently very ho-hum.

My sleep habits are now go to bed at 5am, get up at noon or 1pm. Except for this morning.

A couple of months ago, the bottom of my window fell off and left the gigantic pane hanging by a thread. So my window got fixed and now all the windows in the building had to be inspected starting at 10am this morning. So at 8am, I'm up and doing the dishes, sweeping the floor, dusting, moved my bed up (it's right in front of the window), and finally took a shower (yeah, I could've done most of this yesterday). The guys walked in 5 minutes later and told me they didn't need to inspect my window because that had been done when the new window was put in. Like, I told you guys that when you put notices on all our doors last Friday!

I wish they'd have figured this out sooner. Every time I have to move my bed, I have to unplug the computer, the modem, the monitor, the keyboard, and the mouse and move them all to the other side of the room. This is the FIFTH time this year I've had to do that, what with bedbug checks and the old window getting fixed and me moving the bed this morning. This is the SEVENTH time since the beginning of the year that something in my room needed to be checked for stuff and I needed to be here for it. I am so over this.

So I've been dozing off and on all day, too tired to do anything and with a thumping headache besides. The only good thing about the day is the sun is now down and I can open my window. We have rain moving in tonight and tomorrow, so it will be cool for at least two more days. After that, I think summer in this pizza oven really starts. Yay.*

*sarcasm

Heading to London for my niece’s wedding. Just a quick weekend trip. I was extremely lucky because I put in a very lowball bid to be upgraded to Upper Class which has a sleeper seat on the plane. I can’t believe I won the bid. So I get to enjoy the 9 hour flight in style. 

• Like 2

Well I've had a fairly unusual 2 weeks since finishing the Apothecary.  I've had a couple of interviews - one by a local newspaper and one by a website - I'll attach the link here it was a really good article which came out yesterday.  A FB friend from the Kiwi Outlander fans page shared some of my photos on Twitter with Diana Gabaldon (the author), Jon Gary Steele the Production designer (set designer) and Terry Dresbach the costume designer.  The posts went a little nutty being retweeted and re-shared etc quite a lot.  Plus I had some amazing comments from the 'big 3' themselves which was very special.  So I joined Twitter - still don't really know how to do it all!  But I've shared more pics - there are certainly a lot of Outlander fans in the world!! :D Anyway, Friday night was the opening of the local exhibition which both the Apothecary and Gypsy wagon are in.  In the opening speeches they made a special mention about me which had everyone in the room turning to stare at me....I'd hidden myself quite well behind everyone else!  First time I've shared my work in public.  Yesterday I had so many people come by to see it which was pretty darn incredible!!  One lady shared a video on Twitter and both Jon and Diana retweeted it!  Lol!  I feel quite bemused by all the attention really!  It's truly lovely and very humbling but obviously the opinions that really matter are from those closest to you and your own which I realised pretty quickly.  So just wanted to drop by and share this pic of the exhibition and this link to the online article.  I'll be back up and running with a new project soon...the exhibition runs till Friday and then things should settle.  Hope everyone is well!!  https://thespinoff.co.nz/tv/13-07-2019/the-people-inspired-by-extremely-cool-television-to-do-extremely-cool-things/?fbclid=IwAR2ScQRvqY5TtrJirEvsytJbCmv1Zw0l5WYpu13Y5vfMZxHjL7MTy6N3yXE

Exhibition.jpg

• Like 3

I guess this is as good a place as any to do this, I have been gone a long time and since I have used different places to share mini's I have made and are for sale, I am not sure how or what is showing on my signature so well  it is a long story, just bear with me here lol  

Just now, mininecessities said:

I guess this is as good a place as any to do this, I have been gone a long time and since I have used different places to share mini's I have made and are for sale, I am not sure how or what is showing on my signature so well  it is a long story, just bear with me here lol  

Ok that one is right for ebay.  I will have to add my Etsy shop later when I get something up.  thanks all of you for letting me test this. I am so no computer savvy yet. Probably  never will be LOL

Thanks Holly, Karin and Deborah!!  Most of the people commenting have had very little to do with minis - so not sure I deserve quite all that recognition - especially when I see many of the projects on this forum!!  There are some exceptionally talanted people out there!  

3 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Congratulations, Rebecca!  And so many nice comments on Twitter.  That was a great video!  She really zoomed in on somethings, and it shows what a beautiful job you did! :clap:

The lady who took that is so lovely!  She's a huge Outlander fan and has even lunched privately with the lovely Diana Gabaldon! :D  Jenny has been so enthusiastic and helpful.  She has 'Outrageous Outlander', has written books and sells her Outlander art on on cushions, blankets etc.  Thats the thing isn't it - finding all these wonderful people and creating new friendships!

• Like 2

On 7/14/2019, 8:20:33, WyckedWood said:

That’s so cool Rebecca, congrats, your project turned out amazing :) 

@mininecessities nice to see you around! I’m not seeing any shop link or any signature line, but I’m on my iPhone so that may be why. 

Darn you have me worried lol......I know my settings have an on and off switch now you need to turn on if you want to see others links or signatures.  My link is when you click on Cheryls Miniatures & Art or something like that, I can't see it right now. Maybe someone else can pipe in and tell us if they can see it and does the link work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mininecessities said:

Darn you have me worried lol......I know my settings have an on and off switch now you need to turn on if you want to see others links or signatures.  My link is when you click on Cheryls Miniatures & Art or something like that, I can't see it right now. Maybe someone else can pipe in and tell us if they can see it and does the link work. 

I can see them, and the links work too.

1 minute ago, Mid-life madness said:

I can see them, and the links work too.

Hey thanks for checking Carrie. I wasn't sure if maybe I had done something wrong lol. Getting old and with the new x's n checks and quote this or drag that I get confused LOL I appreciate you checking. It was probably because she was on her phone.......I know I can't see everything on my phone either but I had to immediately think I did something wrong lol

• 2 weeks later...

About halfway through the caladium pillowcases. I took a break to make some beaded jewelry. Love how it turned out; the beads are frosted colored plastic that look like candies in very happy colors. Making stuffed shells for dinner. Avoiding heat at all costs. And, I had my 36th birthday this past Sunday.

• Like 2