What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Just now, rodentraiser said:

... it's gorgeous. Small, but it doesn't leak, it's clean, and it feels like there's a lot more room than there really is. ...

Yay! I like this option better than thinking about you living in your car. :) 

And by the way, I feel like I'm not more than 30. When I look in a mirror, I wonder who that old lady is. :D 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Well, the guy who did my water has a trailer he offered to sell to me.

Thank God! I'm so glad you have some good shelter. Does it have a Propane heater? Get those tanks filled up so you can be warm and toasty!

No heater for the trailer, Carrie. I mean it does have propane heat, but the ignition is electric. I did find gas catalytic heaters I could install, but they cost $200 and I won't have that amount of money until after winter is over. There are small, dollhouse sized wood burning fireplaces I could buy, too, but they start at about $500. SO it looks like I just grin and bear it this winter.

Here's a video of what the trailer looks like on the inside with a few small exceptions. Warning: just watch the video, don't listen to it unless you want to be annoyed to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpkPOYT5iqc

So today it's off to storage to finally put the dollhouse boxes in (damn, those things are HEAVY!), up to the lot to finish the mailbox, back home to dishes and laundry, and then tonight when I should start cleaning, I'm watching a horse show live on the computer. I left the dollhouses for last because I want them to lay flat on the floor.

When I said I thought of everyone as young, I should have specified that meant everyone except me. Yesterday while putting things in storage, I smashed the little finger on my right hand. You guys should see it. From the top knuckle on to the tip of the finger, it's black and about double the size. If I post in the next couple of days, get ready for a lot of mixed up p's and o's, since I can't use the finger to even type. So I'm feeling old and useless right now.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

No heater for the trailer, Carrie. I mean it does have propane heat, but the ignition is electric. I did find gas catalytic heaters I could install, but they cost $200 and I won't have that amount of money until after winter is over. There are small, dollhouse sized wood burning fireplaces I could buy, too, but they start at about $500. SO it looks like I just grin and bear it this winter.

well thank goodness you'll have a place that isn't your car.....now - would you consider starting a go fund me so those that would like to can donate to get you an indoor heater for the winter? I hope you're not offended at the idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

It looks like the Taj Mahal compared to living in the car - yippee!

Hey Russ says we have an extra gas generator that is older but is supposed to work pretty well. If you think you might want to have it around so you have lights and heat when you want, he said he'd go do some maintenance on it (like fill the oil up etc). No charge. Let me know - we'd be happy to deliver it and give you our contact numbers too in case you need any kind of help this winter.

• Like 3

The original Tiny home!!!  Looks FAB Kelly!!!  I am so glad you've got that to live in!!  For warmth you could do something thicker for the windows - that'll make a huge difference.

3 hours ago, My Miniature Madness said:

Hey Russ says we have an extra gas generator that is older but is supposed to work pretty well. If you think you might want to have it around so you have lights and heat when you want, he said he'd go do some maintenance on it (like fill the oil up etc). No charge. Let me know - we'd be happy to deliver it and give you our contact numbers too in case you need any kind of help this winter.

Good for you Jodi!!  If I wasn't on the other side of the world we'd be lining up to help too!!  

Oh, and about the age thing - being born in '72 I guess I'm not overly old but boy do I feel it some days!  I have a stress fracture on the top of my foot and while it doesn't need a cast I'm still having to be careful of it - especially as it's the ankle that was damaged in a motorbike accident when I was 16 and then had major work on 7 years ago.  Plus of course the fibro!  :D  Ah well.....

• Like 1

Wow! That’s Awesome Kelly! So much better than your car! Are you going to be able to use things like the fridge and the bathroom? I’m not a camper so I don’t know what hookups or generators or thingamajigs you need to make they stuff work .. lol. So nice of Jodi to make that offer, you should take her up on it! And Susie’s go fund me idea.. so the rest of us who can, can assist you in your dream :D 

I’m heading to LA tomorrow for a work trip. Last minute decision by my company as usual. BUT... it means I get to shop the craft stores and visit a couple of brick and mortar dollhouse stores so I’m pretty excited about that! 

Kelly, If you have a source of propane to fill your tanks, they are covered by that white plastic jobby-do on the front.  Then you will have heat, hot water & cooking fuel, plus if your fridge is a Dometic it will work on gas or electric.  The only thing you'd really need electric for are the lights (if this camper is like the one in the video) and any appliances like an electric frying pan or kettle.

What have I been doing?  I have been missing again. Due to ill health I haven't been able to keep up with forums etc. I have been really depressed because of being ill which is permanent I couldn't do my projects. Like restoring the old bus, doing things to my house.  Hard to even clean now. I also need to make mini's to sell on Ebay or Etsy to get some debts paid,  Credit card payments I can't afford. It was mostly for stuff to make  mini's to sell. HA HA  with all the interest that has accrued now I hate to think of what my minis actually cost to make.  Yes I take medication and yes I keep up with my Dr visits.  I did just have to spend ( charge) $2500 for a Portable Oxygen Concentrator that  I can carry. ( No my provider will not furnish a POC and the tanks scar me.  I do like this lighter POC so hope to get out more beings it is so light. I haven't been out of the house but a couple times a year. Good grief.  

I can sit and do things, it is getting up and around to dig out what I need for current projects. I think it is mostly the depression that keeps me from working. Not working makes me more depressed. I swear this week I will get busy and make things and get them listed. I also would like to get back to work on my Garfield Doll House. 

Wow look at my complaining! I knew I shouldn't post on here haha. Now that that is out of the way.......I am planning to work this week and it will be so nice to have some money LOL.  

Kelly, I like your little trailer! It is so cool. I had wanted to continue work on my short bus......was going to fix it up shabby chic.  It is a 79 so old but had a good engine and it always started but my X who I live with is not interested in it and I needed him to drive it now and then but he didn't and the battery is ruined now.  I might not keep it.  At 70 years old I guess I worry about driving it by myself now. 

Anyway that is where I am at and what I have been doing. OH I did start a witch doll to sell, but started it like 2 weeks ago .......Haven't had the energy to find the right materials for her clothes. Maybe I will make her into a Lady in Mourning or something. Who knows lol

Okay enough is enough.  Maybe I can stick around. I love reading all your posts and love seeing your photos.

Cheryl

• Like 1

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

It's good to see you posting again, Cheryl.  Growing old isn't really a lot of fun, but it IS interesting, and it beats the alternative by a long shot.

Hi Holly,

Yes I have tried to remember that, that it beats the alternative. And how right you are, it is very interesting. I also find it full of surprises LOL  Good to See you again! Glad all is well! 

You guys are wonderful! Thank you all so much for your support! The most wonderful thing is that even if you think I'm crazy, you're not saying it.:ohyeah:

Jodi, I'm going to pass on the generator for now (tell Russ thank you and thank your for your offer). For one thing, I may not need it (I'll explain in a minute). For another, I'm worried that the noise might bother the neighbors. I have neighbors catty corner to me whose property runs right along the back of my lot. When the contractor brought the water in, he had to access the original connection and when he did that, he opened up trees that leaves me in plain sight of the back of their house when I go to get water. I'm thinking of planting a rhododendron plant there for long term and a 6ft fence panel for short term.

The thing is, I can live on my land only as long as any neighbors don't make a complaint. So I'm trying to be under the radar as much as I can (while having a mailbox and garbage pickup LOL Oh, the mailbox is finally up - WOOHOO!). So any excess noise at all is something I need to be careful of.

Now as to why I may not need it: the trailer has a battery that is apparently powering the lights right now. It might also be the "electric ignition" for the heat. I'm meeting the owner up at the lot today at 4pm so he can explain how everything in the trailer works. If it has a battery, then maybe I can jump it with my car battery and recharge it every time it gets low. If getting heat in the trailer isn't an option that way, tomorrow I'll go buy a Mr. Buddy heater for short term.

I'll need something, though. I opened the trailer door yesterday to start moving things in and it was colder than a witch's...OK, it was cold. On the plus side, I think instead of giving away my eggs and refrigerated stuff, I'll just bring it all along and put them in the fridge. Working or not, in the fridge they should be just fine in these temps. LOL

I can also pick up a couple of oil lamps fairly cheap at the local hardware store and I'd almost rather do that than depend on trailer lighting. And I think I'll save towards that mini wood burning stove, too.

But no Go Fund Mes! Susie, I really, really, really appreciate the thought, but I chose this. I could have bought a trailer home in a park somewhere and been all settled by now, but I chose to go this route instead. While I may be slightly and temporarily broke (and/or insane), in about 4 to 5 months time I will be saving about $1000 a month. That's way more than most people will ever be able to save.

I also have it lots better than many other people. I have a place to sleep, a running vehicle, and SSDI coming in every month. Plus because I'm now living on my land, it's not considered an "asset" anymore and that means I qualify for a program that pays my Medicare premiums, plus while I'm paying back the contractor and paying for the trailer, my food stamp amount went way up. I have no idea what one has to do with the other, but I'll take what I can get. So that means anyone here who is a taxpayer is already contributing to me and I thank you for it.

I honestly think a Go Fund Me wouldn't be fair to those of us here who may need the money just as much as I do, but aren't as well known because they don't have the big mouth I do and post all the time.

So onto the news: there definitely is water! :clap:Last week I hauled up two bags of river rocks to lay around the base of each water spigot. When I was done pouring them out, I looked around and said, "Why?" Because there are millions of rocks all over the cleared area (guess how I'm gonna get exercise and lose weight?). I must have been blind to have missed them. I also laid the river rocks so the water wouldn't make a hole in the ground as it came out. Well, when I lifted the faucet, the water came out as if out of a fire hose, missed the rocks and made a hole in the ground in front of where I poured them. Somewhere, someone up there in the universe is laughing his head off.

This is supposed to be my last day here. I'm supposed to be cleaning this room. But the room inspection is tomorrow and today I have to go see the contractor about how to work things in the trailer. I still have my kitchen hutch and chopping block here, but I won't be able to load them in the car because on the way home last night, I saw the most beautiful wood pallet ever at the storage center. The owner told me I could have it, so into the car it went and I'll drop it off to make a bottom step for the trailer. When I get six of them, I'll have a front porch.

I also won't have time to shop for blankets or a heater. So I'm sneak staying over where I am tonight and then getting up at 6am to load the car and clear the room. I also need to do a couple loads of laundry tomorrow, at which point I'll be putting every piece of laundered clothes, blankets, etc, straight into a garbage bag to make sure no little critters come alone with me. Once the room inspection is done, I can drive down with the final load of stuff, drop off the rest of the stuff in storage (after having to take everything out of the unit and rearrange things. AGAIN!), then shop around to see what I need.

I also need to see what I will be buying for food. Not having a freezer or working fridge is going to be...let's say, interesting. I may have to turn into a prepper, eating my supplies sooner rather than later.

So I'll be back later this evening to let you all know how the trailer works. After that, I'll probably have to call and have the computer turned off.

Susie, how are you doing with the fires down there? I heard Rancho Cucamonga was threatened by the larger fire.

Oh, yeah, I wanted to add that anyone who wants to come up to see the lot is welcome! Just make sure you don't get carsick on curvy roads.

• Like 4

Kelly, you sound happy and that makes me happy - thanks for asking about the fires, we can smell them but fortunately they have not been close enough to us to require us to be concerned...they are close, dont get me wrong, but not moving in our direction.  Its reported that the winds will be over today.....it's not windy right now where we are so I pray that this is it for the season.

Kelly, let me know when you're ready for the ACP and what your mailing address will be, I know were not in a hurry but Im sure to get to it by December lol.

Kelly, I'm trying to wrap my head around a trailer/ RV that doesn't have primary propane for cooking, heating and fridge.  Also, for the water, can't you connect your hose to the spigot and turn on the water?  And do you have a septic tank you can dump your black and gray water tanks into?

Kelly, when I first moved to the USA many many years ago, I couldn’t afford a fridge so I’m familiar with having to feed myself without refrigeration. I certainly ate a lot of canned soup that first year, lol. Also crackers and bread dipped in the soup. If I wanted anything fresh, I would just shop for it on the day I was going to eat it. Obviously fruit and vegetables that don’t require refrigeration like potatoes onions, bananas etc. It wasn’t that bad to be honest.. it’s not the healthiest diet but it’ll keep you going . :D 

So yesterday I did a 5K run with my wife.  She has been wanting to do this particular  event for the past 4yrs or so and she finally did it.  I participated to support her.  She prepared and I did not.  I did finish though....with a time of 40:51

568291DD-4406-4101-AFBA-06B0ECF2A365.jpeg

• Like 1

Congratulations, Keith.  Our middle son married a marathoner (she runs half marathons these days) and he started running with her in the AM, as she runs 10 miles around their neighborhood every morning that weather permits and runs the 10 miles on her treadmill when the weather is really bad; he also runs 5Ks with her.

• 2 weeks later...