What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Thought I'd give you an update on my Uncle!  According to the doctors he has had a 'miraculous recovery'!  All the tests on his first night pointed to his kidneys and liver being irreversibly damaged from the massive heart attack.  Testing yesterday however showed that they are recovering!  When I went in he was sitting up in bed and talking.  He's gone from aspirating even with water to eating a whole bowl of soup, some chocolate mousse and milk for lunch while I was there yesterday!  Talk about a roller coaster ride of emotions!  I had to wait till after lunch until a doctor finally turned up to tell me about the tests etc.  Now we need to find a private hospital close to us to bring him to and that'll be it for however long he has left.  I was really pleased that the doctor was completely honest with my Uncle and basically told him we thought he would die.  I had told him he'd had a big heart attack.  So, not sure what I'll find today but I'm positive that he'll be even better today. 

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts!  The best part is that today he has agreed to move to a hospital closer to us.  Once moved he'll only be 15 minutes away as opposed to an hour!  The Rehab Dr was going to start the process today!

• Like 2

Making progress on the rehab of the Laurel Dollhouse.  This house has decided it will be decorated for autumn (and Halloween).  I ran the electrical wiring, but husband did show our grandson how he does the connections.  I still cannot solder a connection.

My son-in-law is still looking for civilian employment (having recently retired from the Air Force).  He is hoping to find employment in the local area to be close to family after so many years away.  Our two grandsons are attending local community college and our daughter works from home (as she has done for years).  It is working out well for them to be living with us for now.

My daughter had fun decorating the McKinley Dollhouse for Christmas.  She enjoyed it so much, she plans to attend the Seattle Miniature Show with me this March.

After seeing how much she enjoyed the McKinley, I did an all nighter and dry fitted the half scale Fairfield (that I had in my stash) into a 9 room wall hanging/shelf house -- by using the pieces to make a straight house with plain back and higher attic instead of the usual deeper house.  It will be easier to work on that house as I still have discomfort from the broken humerus.  But it feels better than when I started working on the rehab of the Laurel.  So for the past few days, I have been going back and forth working on both the Laurel and the start of the modified Fairfield.

• Like 1

Well, my Uncle passed away this afternoon.  He had another heart attack but at least I was there with him and it was very quick - within an hour.  So grieving now and tomorrow I'll start all the organisation.   Thanks all for your support!

Thanks all for your thoughts.  Funeral is Friday and I have my sisters coming up for that.  Bought home most of his personal stuff and just about to go through his papers.  It was pretty strange going into his home without him and opening all his drawers etc!

Well, we've had something like 22 or 23 straight days of rain in January and somebody said 26" of rain in our area last month. Yesterday it was snow again. 

The trailer now has a tarp on it, so we're good there. But the mold problem is getting out of control. I just cleaned mold off of the walls a week or so ago and it's back already. Of course, the propane heater has a lot to do with it. But the good news is the contractor told me he bought all the remaining lots for sale and he is going to put electricity on all of them, including mine. This is supposed to take place sometime this summer. And if I don't have enough saved for the transformer, he'll let me pay it off. 

Electricity. I can hardly wait!

• Like 1

My son did 2 loads of laundry using Downey fabric softener. He figured that because he didn't happen to see the usual jug of detergent he might as well use the little jug. No wonder the laundry room smelled so fresh. He said his clothes felt nice and soft when he put them on. My husband would have done the same thing - if he knew how to use a washing machine.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, grazhina said:

My son did 2 loads of laundry using Downey fabric softener. He figured that because he didn't happen to see the usual jug of detergent he might as well use the little jug. No wonder the laundry room smelled so fresh. He said his clothes felt nice and soft when he put them on. My husband would have done the same thing - if he knew how to use a washing machine.

Thanks for the smile!

21 minutes ago, Jeri Hahn said:

I am going to try and paint some of my first rock wall in my Glencroft kitchen. I am so unsure of myself!!!

Go for it! You can do it! *plus you can repaint if it is not what you had in mind*

30 minutes ago, Jeri Hahn said:

I am going to try and paint some of my first rock wall in my Glencroft kitchen. I am so unsure of myself!!!

Just as Carrie said, if you do not like the results you can repaint. That's one of the beauties of working in miniature. There is always a way to fix an oopsie. :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, long time no posts from me although I do check in to see everyone's wonderful work. I have had a whirlwind few months; though I was tired when the kids were small, but it seems to be worse now? We are almost finished with our real life kitchen renovation. We were supposed to be starting it around the end of March, but burst pipes, water damage and broken tile pushed us up to just after Christmas. One time being an obsessive planner really payed off, as I knew exactly what I wanted. Christmas day dinner and Boxing Day demo....two weeks with 3 big dogs and 6 people to feed but no kitchen sink was interesting:crazyeyes: The first time I heard water in the sink the day the plumber came I started crying. I got some kind of horrid cold/flu/ nastiness (6 weeks of extreme coughing, sinus pain, used 2 whole boxes of tissues all by myself) shortly after most of it was finished so I've just gotten around to getting the tile backsplash picked out this week. Oh, and my father had to have emergency surgery to remove his gall bladder somewhere in there. Once the kitchen is done I can finally tackle my craft/guest room, but I have been saying that for about 3 years now so we'll see:rofl:

It's going to be alright now, Sarah, pat-pat .:eatyum: yummy food prepared in Sarah's new kitchen :diespam: Sarah bashing the Spam because it's easier to prepare with an unfinished kitchen - yay no more Spam  :construction: Sarah's construction zone going away!  :clap:Happy Sarah! :chef:chef Sarah :chat: talking about Sarah's lovely new kitchen

• Like 5