What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Today is my kids last day of school. I am trying to mow the lawn in sections, but it is so warm and muggy already. To make it worse, the self propelled part on the mower does not work. That will be fixed next weekend. We plan on opening up our pool tomorrow - hopefully DH will maybe want to start it tonight. On sunday I am still hoping to go shopping for mini's to a store I have not been in yet.

Audra, the temps here are in the low 50's and it's messy work, but it must be done. We are very rural. Everyone is working on their own homes right now. We don't want to be as vulnerable as we were last year. I'm taking care of myself believe me. Gloves, old grubby clothing, hat, sunscreen (in the rain?) and have sprayed for spiders, etc. I can't cut the trees myself though, my neighbor is going to cut them for us and he will take the wood home as he has a wood burning stove. No, we are fine. Doug watches out the window for lions and bears for me, and I take my dog with me and my side arm. We've been having lion problems here. Two of them were in our yard yesterday. I hae to get a burn permit today and will burn tomorrow as it will be light rain. We can only burn on wet days here due to our every-present drought conditions.

But truly we are fine Audra and I appreciate your concerns..... Hey! I'm only 67 I'm not dead yet! I'm like the energizer bunny! You should see me in action! LOL

LIONS? Geesh - You shocked this little city girl! Daddy long legs are the most dangerous creatures I have encountered! I am glad that it is not in the 90's like it is here.

Aww Gina, I too wish I lived closer...I would give you a hand with all that work. Eww.. spiders :blink: , but I would tough it out for you! :)

Hope all your efforts pay off and truly hope Doug is feeling better soon!

Big Hugs!

Chris

Gina,

I would bring my garden tools, a can of bug spray, some extra strength Tylenol, and any New England Treat your heart desires...if only I had the never to get on a plane.

The external hard drive arrived today...no computer yet..So it will either come later today on another truck or it will be here tomorrow. Chelsea wants to get her music off this computer and put it on the hard drive anyway before we hook up the new computer..

Still very damp today...and cold.

Carrie, I work in spirts..These are things that have to be done cause of the heat coming. Plus I was really really tired of the icky carpet. And another CONGRATS to you Carrie!!!!!

Good Luck Mel...and tell your son CONGRATS TO THE GRAD! from me.. Is his school throwing an after party?

Chelsea had a blast at hers last year.

Oh, congrats Carrie, I must have missed that post :blink: Yep, you will need lots of naps and do take them...pregnancy requires a lot of them! So happy to hear your good news!!! Your not only eating for two, you are also sleeping for two

:) :lol:

Chris

Well the burn pile is going full bore and it is nicely raining out. Had a surprise visit from my friend the game warden. He helped me finish dragging all of the lumber that was under the deck over to the pile. Too cold to be outside now so came back in.

The roofers are here this morning...So there will be no rest for the weary with all the banging that will be going on.

Perla got into someones discarded Friendly`s cup (those sundae cups that cost $1 at grocery store) and she has a tinge of chocolate sauce on her forehead..So she has to have a bath today. I have to finish washing the dishes so I can wash her in the sink...She likes the sink better then the tub.

Going to gag and hog tie Chelsea this morning to get her to the Dr office. Then she and I will go out to get Fred a Father`s day present.

Natalie has finals at the end of this week and part of next week. The 17th is the last day of school.

The heat will last today, Tuesday, and maybe Wednesday...Then it will be back to more seasonal temps here in CT..(70s).

My day -- work on a bathtub scene. I'm just learning how to make a resin/hardener mixture for the water. It is to be a crime scene, so I'll have a mini hairdryer sticking in the water.

Sorry .. I tend to think Crime ...

Margaret Grace, author of "Murder in Miniature"

Ooooh, a mini crime scene - how fun.

Are you going to have it staged "during" the crime ... i.e. splash around the hair dryer; or, "after" the crime (murder) has been committed ... where everything is deathly still.

Can't wait to see how you do this.

I LOVE MURDER MYSTERIES, and have just recently finished Margaret Grace's Murder in Miniature.

-Susanne

cant wait to see pics of ur crime scene im going to make one but not for a while yet i guess it will be the closest i will get to crime scenes now that i cant continue with my training in forensics. maybe u could give us cluse and we can try to figure out who did it that wud be fun

I do love this forum, I find it fascinating to see a glimps into peoples lives. For me an exciting day in the garden (well really it is a metre wide 'passage way' down the side of the house that has moss growing on the concrete floor) is fighting a spiderweb or two. For Wolfie an exciting day is fighting off a lion or two and some bears, as well as the spiders!

I finished university on Friday, then my sister and niece visited over the weekend. My routine for the last 5 weeks or so has been up, breakfast while checking emails, then revision for exams, occasionally interspersed with building the pharmacy. So this morning I took my sister to the train station, had breakfast while checking emails, and then for about half an hour felt lost! I didn't have anything that had to be done. I recovered and started tidying my dollhouse area a bit, in preparation for moving next month. Also painted and finished the trim on my house. Still have to do the stairs inside the house, and debating whether to shingle it or not. I painted the roof black in preparation for shingling, but actually really like it plain black as it is. Might leave it like that for now and can always shingle later.

Congratulations Carrie! Hope your walk went well too.

Muriel :)

For me it is counting down time, Friday is last day of school for the kids and then we have three more day with evaluation works, planning next year, moving things form class room to class room etc etc so Wednesday next week is my last day of work prior to summer holidays :lol: and after that I will start doing the interior work on the LE Arthiur, have pre-ordered the trims and mouldings needed (I hope...) from the local shop and made an appointment to collect them on Friday and then I just need to get the order filled for the wood strips/siding from GL and I am allllll set....

Oh happy days!

Hugs

What will I do today? Hmmm..

Play with the computer, that`s what!

It is supposedly cooling down in the Northeast today,hopefully. The roofers havent shown up yet this morning so there is a lil bit of solitude for now. I hit the bargain bin jackpot yesterday at the grocery store and bought some ghiardelli (sp?) chocolate chips. I am in the mood to bake something so I hope the heat will break. Going to have to check the weather channel.

I'm packing...well first i'm sorting everything out so I don't have to pack things i don't need anymore. I am naturally a 'keeper' and find it quite hard to get rid of things. But I am being ruthless! If it doesn't fit me, it is going out and not waiting for me to loose a couple pounds to fit in it again. If I haven't used it recently, it can go. I'm hoping it'll feel good once it is done :)

Muriel :p

This morning we're taking JoJo the wonder chihuahua to the vet to have his teeth cleaned. I haven't told him yet, but I think he knows. Then I have to get back to painting the shutters for our real house. The house painting is finished but for the shutters. The poor house looks as if it just woke up and can't blink because it has no eyelids. :p

Yesterday I volunteered at the local quilt guild's Quilt-a-thon. They started out looking for a way to use up some of the growing stash of fabric they'd amassed, decided to hold a quilt-in from 6 am to 10 pm. About 60 quilters (and a few people like me) showed up and surpassed their goal of 61 finished quilt tops. (No, I don't know why 61, and I wasn't around for the final count.) I did, however, latch onto one precut kit and sewed together my first quilt top -- a 9-patch. It only took 4-1/2 hours and had just a couple of puckers. :) All of the quilts will be donated to the new cancer hospital. Ground has not yet been broken for the hospital, so the ladies of the guild will have some time to put on the backings and bindings and do the quilting.

so far today i have stayed in bed again not had much sleep and the police have been to talk to hubby about a guy he knew yrs ago who is locked up for murder and a wierd mesh of otherthings to they were asking strange questions. very odd.

the gp has been out and told me it sounds like i have a slipped disk and need an emergancey orthopedic appointment and they will prob keep me in and do tests that include mri, ct and a xray after an injection of dye into my spine. and as it has been going on six + weeks and getting worse i found out i may have to have surgery which is not good

i also got a phone call to arrange my appointment for physio that ive been waiting for since november and now i may be in hospital so i will not be able to go and have to wait again for another one. grrrr

on a brighter note my hubby ordered me a cowgirl hat and it arrived today and is very nice. so is his hat he looks nice yummy. im also working on some designs for my two new houses and some outfits to make

Take care of that back. Hope you do well.

Today I worked on the pierce. I'm putting on the roofs and looking at the peices for the porch and wondering if I should just run away. I just checked the weather report and it is suppose to be 110 by monday. another reason to run away (far far away)

Today I watched the repairman replace the 6' X 8' damaged section of 3 layers of sub flooring and instal the new hot water heater. He will be back tomorrow to install the new threshold to the back door and do something to make the NEW hot water heater actually give out hot water. Someone else will be coming to finish the floor and put tile down I believe. 4 days with no hot water is no longer just an adventure, it is bordering inconvenience. I hope it gets fixed as I have a job interview at Sears on Friday, and would really like a hot shower before going there.

Melissa

Spent the whole day staring at pictures of Beacon Hill towers that have had a secret room made in the back of them ;)

Trying to figure out how to do it and then coming to the realisation that i have no idea how to do it and therefore my Beacon Hill wont be having a secret tower room :p:(

On the up side i did look at lots of eyecandy :o

Last day of school! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for the break! I am excieted like I was a kid, I went to sleep @ 1:30 and woke up @ 6:00 rearing to go!!!!

School's out for the summer, schools out for ever!!!!!

No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks! (yes that does aooly to other teachers)

Today is first day of exams for Nat..Culinary is the first one..she will ace that. She is coming home early..she is hoping the roofers are still here. She is a teen girl that is for sure! LOL

Going to have to pay an extra $400 for the work..Seems the porch roof was never updated. It had cedar shakes underneath the roof tiles..that isnt the bad part..the bad part was that the guys were able to pull the roof tiles off with their hands. They werent secured on, there was nothing in between the roof and the front of the house (that is why AC was leaking from Nat`s room), and it was all rotted underneath. So it is all fixed now. Fred was freaking out..$400? What do I do? I said *Sign the papers dear, we need it fixed and we have the money.* Men..LOL well my Man.

Much cooler today..Have to take Chelsea to E.L today to do silk screening for the YamFest that is coming up at the end of the month.

I am going to do some cleaning and relax..they are almost done with the roof. They have been here every morning since Monday at 7am...I need a break.

I went to work this morning at 4:45 am. and we got off a little early... noon!!!! so I came home and relaxed for a few minutes then I started painting the wall in our foyer.. The old paint peeled right off so I sanded it all down... and made a mixture of paint, drywall mud and Water and I painted and skipped troweled it.! It looks like an old wall!!! Its pretty cool Looking I think!!

I am off to go declutter the basement for a bit then cook dinner.! I want to be able to work on my dollhouses so I am decluttering !!!

Kellee